i suck at show dorifto

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

i suck at show dorifto

Post by anfrey »

i'm more of a grip + techincal drift type of person.. i suck at showboating. . . can someone teach me so that i can win these pesky drift competitions?
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Power over is your friend, I am a bit sucky at show drift myself, but remember, PEDAL TO THE METAL! And late counter steering.
Side drift is also nice (Japanese name for Handbrake drift) Exit the corner at the worst possible angles, like 70 Degree's to 90.
Still, I find grip boring, I can't get thrilled before it is going sideways.
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

Sweeper wrote:Power over is your friend, I am a bit sucky at show drift myself, but remember, PEDAL TO THE METAL! And late counter steering.
Side drift is also nice (Japanese name for Handbrake drift) Exit the corner at the worst possible angles, like 70 Degree's to 90.
Still, I find grip boring, I can't get thrilled before it is going sideways.
you mean drift? i'm a grip driver, i can't help it. passive steering is my friend, technical power slides are my fortes. at least in video gaming. must be because i drive a fwd car IRL.

i know different techniques of inducing drift, but they are hard to do in the game. i did do a nice feint while playing last night, but that was luck of the draw. maybe i need to tighten up those swaybars and stiffen the shocks & springs... some snap oversteer might help
Morning
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Morning »

hmm, help me too lol
i can't get realli nice drifts in nfsu2 without spinning out... i realli hope its actuall nice looking drifting you can do sweeper - would u mind putting some kinda of video up? ^.^ cause i honeslty can't drift those hairpin curves properly.. >.< ends up being soo gay lol.....
keyboard so hard as well....... start counter-steering... it just goes the direction you counter-steered...
and my feint drift is gay... lol, for me it just ends up being - turn left, then turn right! didn't realli help lol... haha
hmm, i'll go do some more fine tuning, maybe we can get some realli cool drift happening :D
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I'll see if I can fix my fraps and a replay and I will make a video showing the fast way of drifting.
And the showy ones...
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

i don't spin out, the engine's got enough power to put down to he wheels and get out of it... at the expense of a complete lack of traction, though. then again, i always grip streetX hairpins with late braking and pre-apex power over. it kicks the rearend out a bit and, when done correctly lines the car perfectly for exit. turning using the accelerator rather than the steering wheel (err, left and right arrows) is key.

feint is hard to pull off, i usually end up with the same results as you, morning. if someone would take the time to do a drifting writeup that would be great... a couple of minutes of someone's precious time can yield countless hours of joy and fulfilment for several other people :)
Morning
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Morning »

hehe, yeh it would be good, some kinda guide.. lol....
i guess i gotta try harder... have to convince myself that u CAN drift in nfsu2! unlike nfsu1 lol.....
got a question - how fast is ur exit speed normally when ur drifting?
alot of the time i'm slowing down to a bout 50 or so kph... >.< lol...
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I'll see if I can get something done before Best Motoring kicks off again.
Well, I drive grip at Street X too, never reach the speeds or needs to drift, but on the circuit it is different.
But I won't show off the best drift techniques I got ;) Those that really makes grip driving embarrased.

I'll see if I can fix something up.
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

thanks sweeper :) we don't expect you to give ue all your tricks, but maybe some basic info to set us on the right path and allow us to develop our own techniques :)
Morning
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Morning »

u don't have to show us how to do ur best ones... but i wouldn't mind watching a video of em ^.^
like, a replay or something =D just want to be convinced that it can be done :P but its ok, anything would be good =)
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

are there any NFSU or NFSU2 dorito videos out there??? drift grandimo style?
relja55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by relja55 »

i have my drift film of nfsu 1 track 2 where i made 1.2 million
if you wonna drift bether try stock tires and if is front wheel use handbrake
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

my ride is rwd... ae86... i put on stock tires when i try to drift.... can u link me to the video?? 1.2M is f'n sick!!
relja55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by relja55 »

i dont have it online more its on my hard drive
and it has 27 mb
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

is there any way i can get it from you? maybe through aim, messenger, or yahoo?
relja55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by relja55 »

i have msn but upload will last forever
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

maybe u can host it somewhere? i would LVOE to see this..

in related news, i dowlnoaded a vfideo today of some guy drifitng a golf on the downhill... over a million points.
relja55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by relja55 »

i can try make new drift video but dont record from start and send it to you ut would be smaler
but i will not be home this weekend maybe monday i record it and send you
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

whatever you can do would be great :) there's no rush.
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

increasing the firmness of suspension generally (to a point) increases cornering ability, because it keeps the load even across both tires (more traction)

Go into tuning and take your tire "grip" setting all the way to the least, i dont think it matters what level of tires you have on anymore, because of this setting (more levels just let you set it higher) i think you can set it seperate for front and back... so set the back to the least for a FWD car.... prolly not quite the least for RWD so you can get some speed up easier.

lower the downforce settings... you dont want more grip at speed, you want to be able to throw the ass end out. FWD keep the front grip settings, so you can steer the front around and pull through slides, with the ass end going wherever it wants to.

Set your gear ratio all the way to accell... no way you are going to be going incredibly fast in drift, if you are, there is something wrong.

Loosen up the rear suspension a bit (mostly the swaybar) so that the rear tires more easily get "over loaded" in a turn and break free.

the tuning in this game is your friend. :)
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

yes i've been playing with my suspension adjustments... it's so hard to balance and match spring rates to shock damping rates

Return to “Underground 2”