Possibilities for NFSU3

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
DisabledTrucker
Ricer
Ricer

Possibilities for NFSU3

Post by DisabledTrucker »

The following is my list of changes I'd like to see in the next game:

1. More variety of music to include country artists. Love to hear Daryle Singeltary - "Too Much Fun" while cruising at 150+ down the interstate.

2. Using actual city maps although not actual names, such as of Knoxville, TN; Dallas/Houston, TX; Myrtle Beach, SC; Daytona Beach, FL; Phoenix, AZ; Denver, CO etc. These just being a few of the places I have been and think they would be nice places to try and race at, though not possible IRL, it would be nice if they used the streets from these citys as maps for the game. (Maybe even an add on to NFSU2?) Too much is done based on the major cities in the world, I'd like to see them done on some not so famous cities like these. Off road tracks would be nice too, include some rally races on a farm or something.

3. Though the selection of cars is good, I'd like to see better variety of cars as a beginner car, not even newer cars, like the 65 Mustang, 78 Firebird, 76 Vette, or imports like the 84 Supra, 84 CRX, 76 280Z etc. Seriously who's going to start out with a 2007 Stang for ex. they need to be older cars. Would also like to see the Subaru Baja and STI in the next one or as a patch for this one.

4. A way to create your own maps like with a lot of first person shooters.

5. Actual hidden things in the game, like bust through a fence, or go behind a building to get to a hidden custom part, race or cash or the like. Even better knock over a trash can and find a speaker or something.

These are just some of my thoughts, include yours too if you'd like.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Err own maps? its not CS you know....

As for muscle cars and old classi cars...they cant be riced....EA were right, you cant rice up old cars, or even tune em, they dont look right
Wolfheart
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfheart »

Maybe I'm nuts... but with Fast & the Furious 3 apparently being developed... wouldn't it be cool that EA tried to get the official licence of the F&F franchise?... think about it, they could place as unlockables all the vehicles that have appeared in the saga... or even insert characters from the movies into the actual game???

I know, I know... there is very little chances for this to happen due to licence and copyright stuff, but IMO it would be cool as hell!!!
DisabledTrucker
Ricer
Ricer

There is a F&F game out but it's old and I can't remember who makes it, but yea it would be cool if the NFS series has unlockable vehicles from the movies. No it's not CS but it would be nice to be able to build your own street and race maps.
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

hmmmmm playing NFS driving Elenore from Gone in 60 Seconds. 8)
dsephfx23
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dsephfx23 »

I think you a bit overzealous man. You have to realize just how much it takes to make your own maps and then you've got to realize the frame rate for these games is generally bigger then either FPS or a Strategy game which are the two common map-making styles. Secondly, about the music and the old cars, you have to remember that this game isn't an all around racer but a specfic exploration of import tuner. Sadly, not too many tuners stereotypically listen to country all that much so I would not get my hopes up on that one unless EA wants to really weewee off people. I am one of those guys who doesn't listen to country and it would wind up killing the game for me. Wait for the importer to come out in the "aftermarlet" for the game and just add it in if you want to.

I do however agree that the game could use a city facelift if they decide to keep the idea. Modeling it after a real city is cool, look at MC3 that's coming out...I heard its Detriot, Atlanta and San Diego for city models. That's sweet no matter how you look at it. As for modeling after not-so-major cities, I wouldn't get my hopes up there either because people might just discard the game because they don't know those streets moreso...in fact it would be all that far from the current I suppose. I do agree though that some cars should be added and some cars should be hidden unlockables but I read somewhere that EA hasn't done "hidden unlockables" that kinda thing really since NFS4. I do see some of your points as valid man but I don't think EA could pull some of those off. Maybe that's just my opinion, who knows.
DisabledTrucker
Ricer
Ricer

I'm not saying make all the songs country I like the fact it has a mix of music, but it sux that they leave out their country music fans as well, which btw not everyone in the scene listens to rock or (c)rap. As most of the people I hang with don't and we love our fast cars.

As far as adding the cars I mentioned there's no reason that they can't be added they have idiotic things like the hummer in the game as it is, though since I don't have to own one and drive one, it's not a deal breaker for me. It would be nice to be able to tune up an older car to begin with then work your way up to the better newer cars is what I was getting at, not everyone in the scene (IRL) can afford to go out and get the hottest, (yet unreleased publicly,) ride, most start off with older cars, (much like I did in the early days,) and work their way up to more expensive ones. Furthermore, this game isn't about import tuning specifically otherwise they wouldn't have the GTO, Hummer, Mustang, etc in the game. Import tuning is just that import cars which are tuned to give them the look, speed, etc that someone is looking for in a car. Mostly has to do with speed, though most are dressed to the nines with nice stereo systems, fancy paint jobs, etc. All this come about because people started driving Japanese vehicles instead of the detroit muscle due to costs and other factors. Then again the detroit muscle is still hard to beat, unless your talking about a Mitsubishi 3000GT or the like. Which I am surprised also isn't in the game. I started out with a 74 Stang and now I am driving a 05 STI which will smoke about all the cars I have seen so far that's in the game even off road. The top speed I have reached so far in it is 235 MPH with play in the pedal left. (Gotta love the Porsche boxer engines and AWD.) Obviously I didn't hit that on dirt, but none of my buddies will race me on dirt and gravel with their Eclipses, Stangs etc.

I realize that a map creater could be out of the question but it was a thought that I personally would like to see happen, for those of us who'd like a change of scenry after driving the same boring roads a billion times over. As far as modeling them after lesser known cities, the one they have now is even lesser known than what I am talking about as it doesn't actually exist. I was thinking it would be nice for a change to be able to fly off the off ramp and see the Worlds Fair ball to your right as you start cruising through downtown Knoxville, or try navigating the streets of Dallas, not that they would say they are from those cities, but actually use the road layouts of the cities, they can call them Mars or Venus for all I care. It would even be nice if they included working red lights and actual street signs like one-way, no thru traffic etc. Though it wouldn't make much difference as you can drive only one way at a time and your not traffic nor are you actually going to stop, but to see the signs/lights would be a nice implementation.

Though not really related, I would also like to see a movie based on the game as it's progressed so far, but that's probably unlikely, since it has somewhat of a story line to it that's not following the 2F2F movies.
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

i just add cops in the 3 and allready the game will have another dimension.

maybe the possibility to steel cars in car lots ( ie airport parkings , hidden cars lol )

and a few more classic cars , vette stingray, bmw M3 E30 ; and the dawn possibility to put other engine inside! i mean , i only 2 or 3 orignal M3 , but i know at least 6 , with engines as , 3L M3 , 3L6 M5 ; 3L5T alpina ....and that only M3....so i think that EA should look round street racer car lots and see what the most cars are, i mean the 106 i race a lot friday nights but it lacks german cars , and other euros , i think the only prob is that video games allways use the same cars , and are mainly japs.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

omg you crazy? its not a GTA man
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

These are what i'd want in nfsu3 if they make one, i think most of u would want most of these too

Well better sound track(songs that actually relate to racing or add to the speed rush effect. Country songs would kill me, that'd be worse than what they have now, lets do teh hilly billy while we smash the car, not fun)

A daynight and night time option or atleast sum daylight races.

More cars and not just jap tuning cars(this is a need not a want).

I want back the cut scene style they used in nfsu1.(Ohh Max Payne 2 got away with it, maybe we can too, Yeah right those comic style cut-scenes are worse than cut scenes using the actual game graphics)

More realistic handling(the fakeness has gone on long enough) or atleast a option so u can choose between arcade or simulation driving technique.

More popular body kits(Not airlpane parts)

Better storyline if it still is gonna have one(Sumthin thats links together and a nice ending.)

Option to have cops, this could play in with the storyline nicely(Just don't make cops have jet engine cars like nfs:hp2)

Better AI(the racing opponents really need a revamp, they drive like its sum car wars in nfsu2)

A whole new city(This is definite for a new game, the modeling of cities based off real cities sound kinda kewl)

The fine tuning from nfsu2 is a must if they make a part3

Better designed tracks with more space in sum cases. (We drive cars not hover crafts)

Damage effect to your car, which should affect performace and should require repair with money from ur bank, this should work nicely with the difficulty you select.(Cuz I'm tired of falling asleep cuz i can smash against walls and still win, damage would add to the challenge and make u a better game driver)

Races that when u lose u actually lose a lil money if u want to restart otherwise u have to load the game from ur last save point if u don't wanna lose money.(this aint Price of Persia, u can't rewind time and get another race like nuttin happened)

Unlimited Outruns(For extra cash)

Revamp on the menu look(Sum brighter)

Prolly better graphics, like gt or juiced(After all cars are metal not plastic)

Different sound for different brand parts(Unless they were ripping us off at those Bayview shops and lettin us buy sumthin that really isn't what it says it is)

Then thats it for now, i think with these in mind EA can make a next great racing game, not that nfsu2 wasn't just didn't like up totally to the hype in my opinion.
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

heres what I want in the next game.

I want all race types with different types of cars. I also want lots more parts. and NO carbon fiber. Of corse Get under the hood more. Racing for pink slips would be cool too but dangerious(may loss your ride). If you do you could walk to the nearest car shop and buy anoter one :lol: . That means you could create your oun guys. :D

thats all for now .
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

This is wat I want in NFSU3:

I want damage(because racing simulators with damage look more real)

I want cutscenes like in NFSU1.

I want a better game-play(Street Legal Racing is almost like NFSU2 but the came-play is better)

I want cops man!!! If the races are ILEGAL were are the cops???

And ,like A-spec, racing for pink slips.

Sorry for my English(I am Romanian).
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

That sounds kewl a-spec, the pink slips thing, but walking around, thats not gonna work, this aint gta, but losing ur car would be kewl, meaning u could get game over, which is sumthin i forgot when n64 became out dated, but maybe u could get a car to borrow,and eventually get a re-match with the opponent who got ur car, and get it back, kewl
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

um. come down where i live cuz its racer heaven right here.

Sample Road and Coral springs is where racers go on the street everynight. the streak hasnt broken yet.
dsephfx23
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dsephfx23 »

IMO, I think NFSU2 does have plenty of improvements that could be made. Indeed, please EA add cops. I mean, if you known the tuner culture at all, you have to know that cops play a role in it. As well, with the soundtrack issue; I agree there is plenty of room for improvment. I think NFSU1's soundtrack was awesome and totally made me play the game more. Now that I finished the story and found online racing to be boring (per-say) and well, for lack of anything else, nearly playerless, I don't know how much I'll want to play this game. Like GTA in a way, once you beat the game its gets old cruising a city with near nothing to do, especially if a soundtrack doesn't emerse you into the game (VICE CITY was great at that imo). In reference to the damage issue, I believe bring model damage into the game would be a brillant idea. After all, if you smash a wall, show it on the car. However, I think linking it to your bank may be a bit too much. For that reason (amongst others) I don't really want to try SRS. I mean come on, it's a video game after all...they could do something similar to GTA's or SF Rush's explosion thing which would set you back in the race and cause issues there perhaps. Other ideas...pink slip racing is fine, jsut don't overdue it, and better AI would challenge the racer more. Please don't make it perfect, but fine tune it to make a realistic racing style, and please please please, fix the handling on these cars. I've had the luxary of driving two or three of the cars in NFSU2 and am totally disappointed to see how bad they all handle. The issue was there in NFSU1 too and I read an article on gamespy or something like that that for 2 they hired some driver how "knew" how these cars handled. I think that's a load of crock. Carbon Fiber should stay, its part of the community, sorry man. Otherwise, the number of performance upgrades the game features is due to licensing. You have to remember that video games is a business just like anything and it cost money to make and legalize the contracts for licensing. They chose the big names and that's it really for that reason. I wouldn't get hopes up on that one. Real city modelling should be a definite must but I caution the rationale of people who think it wont be after major cities. It just wont realyl happen because of marketing. CUTSCENES & STORY need major revamp. Why in the hell would you pay for Brooke Burke to be in a game and not show her in the cutscenes? STUPID EA! lol...Day/Night is a good idea IMO and getting parts people actually buy into this game is a true must. Finally on the issue of car choice. It agian comes into licensing in my view. As well though you ahve to remember that the idea of Underground racing relies heavily upon the "import-craze," and consquently its going to be more Japanese cars in there. You just have to live with it really. I think getting a PS2 and going with the Gran-T series will give you a better racer if that is what you are primarily focused on. EA tried, but came up short with this game. Maybe they could make an expansion or something to test some of their ideas before a new game is fully made.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Country music and racing do not go together unless it's ...

Dukes of Hazard
NASCAR
Pickup trucks
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I definetly want NO FREE ROAM! The free roam mode sux! I play NFSUG1 more than NFSUG2. Free roam = stupid
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

Stereo wrote:I definetly want NO FREE ROAM! The free roam mode sux! I play NFSUG1 more than NFSUG2. Free roam = stupid
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

SHAME ON YOU!!!!

J/K

Who dosen't like free roam? :roll:
the_butcher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by the_butcher »

another cool idea to add to the game is when you win an outrun and get a unique, maybe you should follow him through some corners until you reach a garage or warehouse where there is some type of parts smugling, maybe at the airport, a kind of GTA Vice City plot
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

Need for speed underground is not a car driving sim to me, i bet thats for most of the people out there too. its a game where customizing your car is the main attraction. *yes i cannot afford an IS-300* :?

I like free roam too..... i want to drive my ride around city at night time.
thats not too much right ? :roll:

racing-I dunno why but those racing tracks in underground 1 seems more fun for me.......please EA, bring that feel back.

I want more more more more cars. *at least 50 cars* :mrgreen:
more realistic performance tuning (most of the time, musle car is supercharged-blower, instead of turbocharge-turbine) maybe should change the 'turbo' into 'force induction'

please be more more more realistic body parts, those body mod parts are like going-to-space design and derived from submarines in NFSU2. please no more visual rating !!! i have to put on air scoop, wierd vinyl, crazy body parts to get my ride to the next level....what was that ?!

If only i can buy myself a garage in the game, choices of any one of the shop/houses/warehouse/factory/etc... in the game to be the player's own garage.

i dun mind if the game is in 1 full DVD that takes 5~6GB to install, if the game provides full variety of stuff....
Zodiac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zodiac »

I dont know that much more could be added to NFSU without getting carried away, Its a racing game.. but if you start adding old muscle cars, car jacking and shoot outs ect it would start getting a bit trashy i think, If you want crime and shoot outs get yourself a GTA game.. ( i hear the new one kicks ass ) But you need to keep with theme.. Perhaps a version of NFS could be released that is set in the muscle car era.. Would be cool belting round in cobras, mustangs etc.. Heh who knows what EA will come up with eh?
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

You also have to keep in mind that EA is never going to go GTA style ... However, I would enjoy an actual storyline (even if it's only half-assed like TF&TF) ... Having the odd mission instead of just all races would be a nice change of course ... Get rid of hidden races ... Add police (always fun) ... In addition to contracts, also have actual jobs (i.e. Taxi, pizza delivery, limo driver, big-rig driver, ambulance driver, etc.) ...
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

what I want:

- Cops
- More Euro-Cars
- Real Bodykits (eg Veilside, rieger,Blitz, Brabus, Dimma, Ecosse, Top Secret, ...)
- Going of-track (Behind buildings, in buildings, over the fences, in the grass and on mountains)

Post by Guest »

-You should be able to customise your own character for the cutscene etc. That would be cool!!!
-There should be some more 'common' cars (ford escort, bmw's)
Last edited by Guest on 06 Dec 2004, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
the_butcher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by the_butcher »

maybe in customization, you should be able to choose fabric types(leather, suede) and maybe inside the car neon

Return to “Underground 2”