Doom, the movie

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Doom, the movie

Post by thunderbolt »

have you heard of the new movie based on doom?
karl urban, the rock and rosamund pike will play the lead characters. the film is directed by andrzej bartkowjak (cradle 2 the grave)

hopefully it will make a smoother transition from pc to cinema than tomb raider :P
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

haven't heard of it yet, but I would like to see that movie :)
Last edited by master m on 19 Dec 2004, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
SYFX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SYFX »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419706/

Plot Outline: In the year 2145, a group of Marines on Phobos, the moon of Mars, face off against monsters who infiltrate their base after an experiment goes seriously awry.

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:
Status Updated: 21 October 2004
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely.

doesnt sound too exciting. i dont even rate the games.
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

Sounds cool...
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

i hope its just not plain action like the game is. i dont know how theyre gonna make a story out of it.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

A plot summary I got from another forum -
* Spoilers *

The draft of the script I read was about the main character meeting up with his scientist sister on an "unnamed alien planet." Together, they fought against the monsters caused by a virus on the planet. The virus turns people into outward versions of their inner selves, so you get demonic forms, but they aren't quite demons. This leads to lines like "We've all got a monster inside" (groans all around). The main character doesn't get infected by the super-virus because he's "too good." So in the end the sister injects him with the virus and turns him into an angelic form to fight the monsters. I guess it's like a super-Jesus thing.

I don't get Hollywood's thing about having a super-virus in so many movies. This could have been the greatest horror movie ever made. I can't stop giggling over how stupid the above premise is.
Heheh, it's gonna suck.

it's so bad, infact-
petition to change the Doom movie
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I think the main reason I'll be going to watch the movie is because Dwayne aka "The Rock" is acting in it.. I never missed his movies.. :D

Return to “General Discussion”