Free classic games

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
jancleynen
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Free classic games

Post by jancleynen »

I just read on a site that the game "Benaeth a steel sky" available is for download..............
I know that here are some classic game fanatics here so I'll give you the site

http://www.gamershell.com/news_BBeneath ... eewa.shtml

JC
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Thanks jancleynen for the link. Haven't played the game before so will take a look.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Take a look here too.This site has MANY old games for free download...I have recently downloaded Street Rod2 which hasn't got good graphics(1990 release!!) but the whole idea of the game is very cool..You buy used cars and tune them using other parts, and finally race for money...Well the gameplay is not that good too but after all it's only 670Kb.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I disagree with you Nitro, I think SR2 is the best simulation game ever made. In fact I can't really belive it when I think of it, but I can't think of any other game like that one, with such an original idea! (BTW.. It is 1991 realease I think)

Another good link for old games is http://www.cuevadeclasicos.com.ar . It is in spanish, but you will find the games anyway.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Koffy wrote:I can't think of any other game like that one, with such an original idea! (BTW.. It is 1991 realease I think).
I don't really think there's sth to disagree on since we're saying almost the same things.I also said that "the whole idea of the game is very cool" and meant that it was a very original idea to let you tune the cars in the way it does and everything else(changing engines,and even adjusting the retard and advance...(!!!)). But When I said that the gameplay is not very good i meant that it's a very old game and the car's reactions are not THAT good..When trying to take a turn for example you can't understand very well where your car is actually.Many times when driving in Mulholland Drive i have stepped on rocks or whatever it is believing i had passed only close to it..
About the release date...Street Rod1 was released in 1989 and Street Rod2 in 1990 as stated in the site.
Pretty nice link although in Spanish....Very nice games :D
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

You are right about the car's reactins, they are not very good, specially racing in the mulholand race. Anyway, SR should be a drag racing game, more then a track game. The idea of making the mulholland drive was not very good.
About the years, I was shure about the release date of SR1, but I couldn't remember the other. I thought It had been two years after the other one.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Koffy wrote:The idea of making the mulholland drive was not very good.
I don't think it was a bad idea...Back in those years,almost all racing games were the same as SR in the way cars reacted...I remember Test Drive was my favourite and did not had much difference from SR when driving the cars..(It was only a bit better in reactions).The fact is that now we are used in games that have (many times) almost realistic reactions or very good ones.That's why we think SR is so bad designed,when it comes to car's reactions.But for the time it was made,it was a very good game..

Return to “General Discussion”