Crazy news

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Crazy news

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Lye detector

<> The US Department of Defense has given Dr Jennifer Vendemia a $5m grant to work on her theory that by monitoring brainwaves she can detect whether someone is lying.

She claims the system has an accuracy of between 94% and 100% and is an improvement on the existing polygraph tests, which rely on heart rate and blood pressure, respiratory rate and sweatiness.

Her system involves placing 128 electrodes on the face and scalp, which translate brainwaves in under a second. Subjects only have to hear interrogators' questions to give a response. <>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4169313.stm
Last edited by ^Sparco^ on 19 Jan 2005, 18:15, edited 3 times in total.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

shiznit!!!!!!! Well, there goes my parole....
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Homosexuality among enemy troops

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. military rejected a 1994 proposal to develop an "aphrodisiac" to spur homosexual activity among enemy troops but is hard at work on other less-than-lethal weapons, defense officials said Sunday.

The idea of fostering homosexuality among the enemy figured in a declassified six-year, $7.5 million request from a laboratory at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio for funding of non-lethal chemical weapon research.

The proposal, disclosed in response to a Freedom of Information request, called for developing chemicals affecting human behavior "so that discipline and morale in enemy units is adversely affected."

"One distasteful but completely non-lethal example would be strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior," said the document, obtained by the Sunshine Project.

The watchdog group posted the partly blacked-out, three-page document on its Web site.

Lt. Col. Barry Venable of the Army, a Defense Department spokesman, said: "This suggestion arose essentially from a brainstorming session, and it was rejected out of hand."

The Air Force Research Laboratory also suggested using chemicals that could be sprayed on enemy positions to attract stinging and biting bugs, rodents and larger animals.

Another idea involved creating "severe and lasting halitosis" to help sniff out fighters trying to blend with civilians.

The U.S. military remains committed to developing less-than-lethal weapons that pass stringent legal reviews and are consistent with international treaties, said Captain Dan McSweeny of the Marine Corps, a spokesman for the Pentagon unit spearheading their introduction.

"We feel it's very important to offer our deployed service members and their commanders a greater range of options in dealing with increasingly complex operational environments," said McSweeny, of the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate.
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

From what I can figure out, if I was the enemy of the US, I would be faced with the following problems
  • Sudden ugre to change my sexuality leading to a low morale and severe undiscipline.

Be under consant attack from "stinging and biting bugs, rodents and larger animals"

Suffer from extreme "bad breath" !!!

LMAO!!! :lol:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Autotrophs: new kind of humans appears who neither drink nor eat
01/13/2005 18:20

People all around the world were storming supermarkets and grocery stores on Christmas and New Year's Eve. There was a small group of people, though, who did not even think about eating anything for Christmas. In fact, they do not think about food at all. Such people call themselves autothrophs - they do not eat at all. The term designates an organism that makes its own food. Autotrophs can go on hunger strikes for years and even decades.

Irina Novozhilova, the president of the center for protection of animals' rights, expressed her opinion about phenomenal individuals, who can live without food and water.

"The idea to turn down food as it is appeared long ago. Russian philosophers, particularly Vernadsky, were thinking about a possibility for a human being to live on something non-material. Vernadsky was certain that man is an energetic creature that can nourish himself from the energy of space. Some people can prove it today that it is possible to live a normal life without physical food.

"All living beings on our planet can be divided into two categories - autotrophs and heterotrophs. The majority of plants constitute the first category - they receive energy from non-organic substances - sunshine or air - and process it during the photosynthesis. Humans and animals make the second category: they nourish themselves with other living beings. Therefore, the people, who can live on the solar and space power, are closer to plants than to other humans. There is a group of autotrophs in Moscow. They gather in the Konstantin Vasiliev Museum, where they share experience with others. If a woman breastfeeds her child until it turns seven years old, for example, a child will be able to become an autotroph already by eight - simply and painlessly. A mother neither drinks nor eats, but she has enough milk to feed the baby. There are such women in Moscow. I often interact with people, who reject food completely. At first they become vegans - they exclude all products of animalistic origin from their menu in other words. After that they gradually turn down the vegetal food too. When people stop eating physical food, they also stop consuming any kind of liquid. They drink nothing.

"I would not say that scanty nourishment exerts a negative influence on their state of health. They are rather vigorous and cheerful people. However, I would like to warn everyone that it is impossible to quit drinking water and eating food in a moment. It should be done slowly, step by step, with short-term temporary starvation. A lethal outcome would be inevitable otherwise. A person will be killed either with starvation or their own wastes. The 70-year-old Indian yogi Pralad Djani is one of the most renowned contemporary autotrophs. This man has not been eating or drinking anything for 62 years, since the age of six. Indian doctors examined and tested him: they placed the man in a special room, outfitted the room with surveillance cameras and sealed the bathroom. As it turned out, Pralad Djani's body was functioning absolutely normally. The body was producing urine, although it was being absorbed into the urinary bladder. The yogi said that he was receiving water from air. He also said that there was a tiny hole in the palate, from which drops of "heavenly" water penetrated into his mouth.

"Russia's most famous autotroph's name is Zinaida Baranova. The old lady from the city of Krasnodar is 67 years old. She was approaching her new existence very slowly. At first she gave up meat, then she turned vegetables down. She has been living without food and water for 4.5 years already. Scientists of the Bauman Institute examined her organism and were very surprised to find out that the woman's biological age corresponded to 20 years. Professor Spiridonov came to conclusion that the pensioner was a perfectly healthy lady; all her systems and organs, except for the stomach, were functioning normally. Indeed, she is a very energetic and bubbly person. She got rid of all diseases, even chronic ones. She said, however, that it was rather hard for her to get used to the new lifestyle. She was suffering from cramps, exhaustion, dry mouth, etc. There were moments, when she thought she was dying. The woman's health improved in 1.5 months.

"Doctors say that autotrophs make a fundamentally new type of self-sufficient human beings. It is not ruled out that they will replace us at a new evolution stage. Modern science has already confirmed the ability of a human being to maintain itself. Dietitians were recently saying that the B12 vitamin was naturally contained only in animal foods. Vegans, therefore, were supposed to die, since they could not receive the vitamin. However, doctors found out that the concentration of the B12 vitamin was fine with vegans. The situation became clear, when scientists discovered the synthesis process in the intestines. It became known that human beings could live on their own microflora. Medics have already discovered that the human intestines produce microorganisms that can synthesize amino acids."

:shock:
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

lol, i did this one 4 a social studies proj. lol, its a summary. totally wrong and untrue!!

"Conservatives Pick Soft Target: A Cartoon Sponge"

Some influential Christian groups are focusing their attention on the cartoon character Spongebob SquarePants. At a black-tie dinner for members of Congress and political allies, Dr. James C. Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family, asked guests if they knew SpongeBob SquarePants.
SpongeBob is known to all children who watch his cartoon. He is also a well-known camp figure among gay men, probably because SpngeBob holds hands with his friend Patrick and likes to watch the imaginary TV show “The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.”
Dr. Dobson accuses SpongeBob’s creators of enlisting SpongeBob in a “pro-homosexual video” in which he appears alongside other television figures. Mr. Dobson says the makers of the video are planning to mail the video to thousands of elementary schools to encourage a tolerance pledge for differences of sexual identity.
Nile Rodgers, the video creator, says there is a misunderstanding He says that the We Are Family Foundation was founded after the September 11th attacks in order to create a music video teaching children about multiculturalism.
Mr. Rodgers says Dr. Dobson might have confused his organization with another “We Are Family” which supports gay youth. The foundation’s lawyer, Mark Barondess, said the criticizers “need medication.”

lol, my opinion:

Mark Barondess said that the critics “need medication” and that’s exactly what I think. SpongeBob is just a cartoon that is greatly focused on stupidity, not a person’s sexual preference. Also, the idea of a music video seems really cool. Just because a homosexual watches a TV show doesn’t mean that TV show promotes gayness.
However, if Bush was watching SpongeBob, you can bet that he’s watching it because for the first time in his life, he has some one he can relate to!
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

AngelSiN wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
Ditto!
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

lol, same reaction i got wen i read that article. i mean, spongebob? that cannt be true. i woulda neva thunk that.
206p
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 206p »

man :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ahhhhahh :shock: :shock: :shock:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

^Sparco^ wrote:Autotrophs: new kind of humans appears who neither drink nor eat
What a load of BS. Plants gain energy from the sun because of the clorophyll in their leaves. Humans don't have any clorophyll !!! :x
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Some autotrophic bacteria oxidize iron to get energy. The problem is still that we require more than stuff we can get from iron.
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

boganbusman wrote:
^Sparco^ wrote:Autotrophs: new kind of humans appears who neither drink nor eat
What a load of BS. Plants gain energy from the sun because of the clorophyll in their leaves. Humans don't have any clorophyll !!! :x
Which means we can't perform photosynthesis. That headline is BS, definetely.
:shock: This stuff is nutty.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Since when are plants autotrophs?
Pull a plant from the soil and it will die.

Put algae in a dry environment and they'll die.
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

EA's Profits Up, Workers Get Layoffs

Read it on Slashdot
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

excluding the ea news... geez where do you find such stange news?

meaning meaning... post a link ;-)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Bojan wrote:This goes along with that:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/274.html
  • Very interesting tale Bojan. EA's definitely dropped to the bottom of my employment wishlist after that.
^StephaNOS^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^StephaNOS^ »

that's impossible.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

wat's impossible? the autotrophs? well, if u ask me....yea thaz impossible. humans cant go without food and water...iz jus not possible. lol, jus cant happen. :D
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

some so called autothrops are in Slovenia. i don't belive this cr*p. i mean... living just of sun and other kinds of energy

Short messages ruined a thumb
Some teenager from NW Italy can't move her thumb normal anymore. The girl sent over houndred shor messages a day.

As the doctors said, the girl has a bad sinew irritation that's a consequence of her SMS obsession.

The doctors also said that this problem is more and more common.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Arrested because of using a non-common web browser

For donating 200$ to a Tsunami appeal using Lynx on Solaris 10. BT [British Telecom] who run the donation management system misread an access log and saw hmm thats a non standard browser not identifying it’s type and it’s doing strange things. Trace that IP. Arrest that hacker.

:lol:

Source: BBC (read it all)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

DAMM we should KILL that hacker or run a tsunami over his house
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

i heard that some girl got an expensive penalty because she legaly downloaded her favourite cartoon melody (probably from the official site of that cartoon). the gouverment, of course, said it was ilegal.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

wow...cant be true? :?

Return to “General Discussion”