Online Gaming

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Online Gaming

Post by korge »

This has to be one of the most important features to any game if you want it to last. Most games that ive seen die off were one with no online support. Yea, some have LAN and stuff, but even if you have 5 comps in the same house, that doesnt mean you have five people in the house. And STILL, even if you do have a big family of 5, that doesnt mean all of them are willing to play. Thats where Online play comes in. Right now i play Counter Strike and Americas Army online. I use Xfire sometimes for the chatting, but i mostly stick to the killing and 'lol'ing in between games...
korge
Twinturbo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Twinturbo »

LoL. I often play online CS, Star Wars Jedi Academy and Mobil Forces
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

I've never played any game online (Pc nor Xbox). I'd like to do it, but my PC is too slow :)
And Xbox Live isn't for free, soo ... :roll:
Twinturbo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Twinturbo »

master m wrote:I've never played any game online (Pc nor Xbox). I'd like to do it, but my PC is too slow :)
How much does it cost?
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

I was playing Ultima Online and RYL Online and now i am going to play World of Warcraft, even i dont like it a much :) I am not a big fan of classic MP games, I like more MMORPGs ;)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

master m wrote:I've never played any game online (Pc nor Xbox). I'd like to do it, but my PC is too slow :)
Is your pc slow, or just your ISP? I know one thing to do is stay away from high ping servers.. i mean really, that should be your only problem if its your comp.

Oh yea, i almost forgot Starcraft! :P

Btw, why would you pay to use the internet you are already using jsut for Xbox live? :?
korge
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

A lot of games on the PS2 and Xbox require you to pay an online subscription fee, some are free. Which is a bit of a pain. I do like to playing UT2004 online, but very rarely. And I guess the UT series was made for online play more than anything else. But i prefer to play the game on LAN. Once in a while at Uni I usually play UT2003 on LAN with my class, that way you can have a good banter with everyone, its a lot more fun.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

There are lots of stuff to discuss when it comes to online gaming.
Before, I used to play games in single player only, and then I got 56k internet connection.
A friend of mine mentioned me that he plays Worms Armageddon online so I gave it a shot, and I was doing really well.
Next game I played online was Wolfenstein: ET, we had a clan of 5 players (Ri_killahz) and we were doing quite well also, and then one team from Sweden showed up, they swept the floor with us in 10 minutes. After, while we were chatting, I asked one guy: "How long do you play it online?" The dude answered: "Play? wtf... Wolfenstein is our job!"
Then I just went laughing, but he was SERIOUS . . .
And then I asked myself... what's the point. I become good in a game, and I can't stop playing it because I rock at it, so it becomes my job? Where's the fun in that? I was shocked when I realized that there are people who play games for money, the big computer companies finance them etc.
But is a normal man capable of becoming the best player of every game that shows up?
What is a man like that going to tell his children? The meaning of computer gaming has changed a lot.
So, no I don't play online games. :)
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

Dragster - i know some ppl who wont play with you any other game than CS coz thats the only game where they are sure they are better than you, very sad :-(
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Yeah, or that. I mean, after coming home dead tired of school, why would I log in on a server to be pwned :?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Dragster wrote:Yeah, or that. I mean, after coming home dead tired of school, why would I log in on a server to be pwned :?
Most ppl arent that good really. Its only the pros that like to run around tossing out free head shots with their sniper rifle. Just stay away from the servers with over ten ppl and the chance of you coming across a guy like this is most likely not gonna happen..

Btw, I loved!!! Worms... That game was SOOOO Funn!!! :lol:
korge

Return to “The Games”