Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Re: The New/Prototype/Concept Car Topic

Post by Striker94 »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Be edumacated! :O
:lol:

This is a car that was "officially out of production", but then they introduced a roadster...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2009/ ... -722-S.htm
oh snap
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The roadster is sold for a while now...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

It's actually the Roadster 722 S, which has been eagerly anticipated. I think it looks ugly with the soft-top though.
oh snap
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Striker94 wrote:, which has been eagerly anticipated.
By how many? 5?

Just like the coupe version of the 722 it's nothing more then a slightly changed normal version.
Same applied here.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Pointless car. Lazy chassis. Bland engine.

Sorry but McMerc have lost the plot. No AWD, poor styling...what a mess.

Extortionately expensive supercar considerably slower than sub-100k Porsche?
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

It's no wonder McLaren have shifted away and started designing their own car...
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

*bump*

Did you see the new Ferrari California?

I've recently been watching some video footage of the car. It actually has that Ferrari thing in it, but the back is just *cough* fugly *cough*. They've ruined the whole car by making it a convertible and with this, reducing the boot space.
My 2 cents.

Could be somebody out there who actually likes the rear end.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:It's no wonder McLaren have shifted away and started designing their own car...
rly? Yes! Sweet, awesome, etc. I have never really liked the SLR and I'm glad McLaren is moving away from that. Hmm, they've made a car with a BMW engine (McF1), a car with a Mercedes-Benz engine (SLR)... now they need one with an Audi engine :lol:
taz947 wrote:*bump*

Did you see the new Ferrari California?

I've recently been watching some video footage of the car. It actually has that Ferrari thing in it, but the back is just *cough* fugly *cough*. They've ruined the whole car by making it a convertible and with this, reducing the boot space.
My 2 cents.

Could be somebody out there who actually likes the rear end.
Meh, I don't like the looks of many new Ferraris. The most recent Ferrari that I like the looks on is the 599 GTB; the Scagletti is pretty ugly and the California is "eh".
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

The new Mclaren is going to be a V8, and is about $500,000-$600,000. I'm dissapointed, because it looks like that new "luxury" Lotus, and will be no way near as fast as the original Mclaren F1. I really hoped that there would be another world-record challenger from Mclaren...

And what's with the new (mildly facelifted) RX-8? It has less power, uses more fuel and is more expensive. Doesn't even look as good. And on the ad it says a faster, more efficient RX-8. In other words, marketing shiznit.
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Motor Magazine wrote:This is the first unofficial look at McLaren's next-generation supercar - the follow-up to it's radical three-seater F1.
The British based Formula One team is busy preparing its own mid-engined machine to be introduced in 2010 after its deal to build the [Mercedes-Benz] SLR wraps up late next year.

But McLaren's successor to the all-conquering F1 - which is being developed under the codename 'P11', but will most likely be called the 'F2' when launched - won't follow in its footsteps and chase the Bugatti Veyron as a 400km/h plus top-speed contender. Instead, it will be a smaller, lightweight coupe aimed at challenging the likes of Ferrari's F430 Scuderia. These exclusive computer-generated illustrations (see below) were created using information sources within McLaren after a series of images of a clay model were leaked to the British publication CAR. It shows that the F2 will be a dedicated two-seater - rather than carry over the F1's radical centered-driving position, three-seat configuration - with a mid-engined layout and proportions similar to its Italian targets. Only it's sweeping roofline is reminiscent of the F1's ground-breaking styling, the rest of the F2 taking on a more generic appearance. Its face is far from striking, with cues that already look borrowed; the rake of the bonnet and lower section of the front bumper from the F430, elfish headlights that look like they're from a Noble, and Gallardo-like detail. The smooth side profile is dominated by the massive split air-intakes down its flanks, but its rising belt line flows neatly into the rear which features an integrated spoiler and massive centre-mounted exhaust pipes.

Technical details of the F2 are still a little scarce at this stage, but the first prototypes have been spotted undergoing initial evaluation around McLaren's UK headquarters. It is expected to be powered by a Mercedes powerplant. The most obvious option is a higher-spec version of the range-topping 6.2-litre AMG-developed V8 ([X]63 ranges) that currently produces 386kW and 630Nm (518hp and 465lb-ft), but could be stretched beyond 400kW (536hp) for use in the McLaren. However, our sources also indicate the next generation AMG V8 will be a twin-turbo 4.6-litre that should deliver as much power, if not more torque, and could be better suited to the F2 than the big-bore bent eight.

With that sort of grunt, the F2 will line up almost head-to-head with the 380kW (510hp) F430 Scuderia and 412kW (553hp) Gallardo LP560-4 and should be good for mid three-second sprints to 100km/h - especially considering it will make considerable use in McLaren's expertise in composite body construction from its involvement in Formula One as it has done with the SLR. It is expected the F2 will be built around a carbon fibre monocoque for maximum stiffness as well as a target weight less than 1200kg (2646lb). To keep its weight in check, the McLaren is believed to have a conventional rear-wheel-drive transaxle with a rapid-fire F1-style semi-auto transmission rather than heading down the all-wheel-drive route of the Gallardo.

McLaren is aiming to broaden both the appeal and accessibility of the F2 with a potential price tag rumoured to be around the AU$500,000 mark, and with a producion capacity of 1000 units per annum.
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/upload/732 ... 1000px.jpg
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/upload/732 ... 1000px.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1001/p7xk2.jpg

These pics are from the UK's CAR: The Definitive View Magazine.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

thats fuggin smexy =P~
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

agreed. That car looks very economical. :P
korge
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

Anyone have pics of either the new GT-R V-SPEC or the 2010 AE86
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

viper16 wrote:2010 AE86
Are you trying to say that you want pics of a 2010 Corolla? AE86s were made from 1983 to 1987.

Or perhaps you are thinking of the new RWD small car being developed as a joint project between Toyota and Subaru?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Because Toyota forgot how to make sports cars? :P
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Has anybody seen the new RUF? It's completely electric, and based on the 997. Has RUF lost the plot?
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

boganbusman wrote:
viper16 wrote:2010 AE86
Are you trying to say that you want pics of a 2010 Corolla? AE86s were made from 1983 to 1987.
No there are plans of a rebirth of the AE86/Sprinter Trueno.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:No there are plans of a rebirth of the AE86/Sprinter Trueno.
boganbusman wrote:. . . perhaps you are thinking of the new RWD small car being developed as a joint project between Toyota and Subaru?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/01/rumo ... e-details/
AutoBlog wrote:What has been unknown until this time is where Toyota would source a cheap RWD drivetrain, but Best Car has learned that it will come from new partner Fuji Heavy Industries - better known to you and me as Subaru.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

And the best news of all? The committee's final directive is to keep the new car's sticker price below 1.5million Yen. That's about $12,300 USD in today's money.
NOWAAI!!...i wish i could pre-order it :cry:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Holy smokes, I never thought they'd do that.

I want one :P
korge
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Meh i bet if drifting wasn't so popular, they would'nt make it.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

boganbusman wrote:
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:No there are plans of a rebirth of the AE86/Sprinter Trueno.
boganbusman wrote:. . . perhaps you are thinking of the new RWD small car being developed as a joint project between Toyota and Subaru?
No that has nothing to do with the joint project. The joint project doesn't look anything like the one in Haz's post anyway...
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

#-o

Did you even read the article, or even the little snippet I quoted from it?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

donaldgladden wrote:Meh i bet if drifting wasn't so popular, they would'nt make it.
That thing looks more like a Toyota Matrix than a drift vehicle. :?
korge

Return to “The Cars”