garages and people disapearing....

The news visible on the main page
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

garages and people disapearing....

Post by TheStig »

you might have noticed that lately garages suddenly disapear...

it could be the big bad aliens took them... or it could be that they where wiped by staffmembers on this site..

guess what... it is the second option!

a while ago we often went hunting for upvoters and people with multiple accounts and after a while the showroom became peacefull again

but lately the amount of upvoting grew again!

so it is time for action again...

if we detect upvoting you will be warned and your votes will be deleted so you can start over again! we don't accept a 70% 10 votes!
we will follow your voting from that point on more closely if we still find you voting a majority of 10's (70% or more) you will be BANNED!

if we catch you having multiple accounts your garage(s) will be wiped out and all accounts will be deactivated without questions asked!

in the last 3 days we deactivated over 50 accounts and wiped more then 15 garages!

the Amnesty rule does aply this time if you report yourself, you will not be banned and keep your main account, but all others will be deactivated

TheStig

Edit by SuperRacer: many cars we found ranked in the top 10 overall have been deleted and their authors banned. Trust me, don't try to upvote your own car, we'll catch you.

Edit by Bojan: We have also implemented a new warning and banning system. You will be notified by email when you break any critical rules. You will receive the number ofwarning points you got and the total number of points you have. When the total number of warning points reaches 10, your account will be deactivated. Once again you will be notified by email.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Thank you... :P Take some action.. 8)
korge
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

this one pretty s*cks. just because this site has other way of voting

10- nice car or "I LOVE IT"
9- could have done better
8- it's ugly
7- well, looks like it's downvoting:)

i've been following this "standart", everybody did.

so now if i want to save my account i will have to search for ungly cars and make a "sneak vote".

not to waste my time for commenting, just to give a lower vote, having in mind that i want my account to be saved.

conclusion - coin always has two sides.
Last edited by RZN on 04 Jul 2005, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

RZN wrote: 10- nice car or "I LOVE IT"
9- could have done better
8- it's ugly
7- well, looks like it's downvoting:)
Up above ^ is the reason why garages get deleted. People dont know how to vote. :roll:
korge
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

I've seen that now some of my cars have dropped 100's of places :? , but it's all for a good reason, I know ... :) I was already suspecting a few users of upvoting. Reading their posts, always giving out 10's :roll.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

5 noobs give 8's (b/c the car Sucks) and then a reasonable person votes a 5 (b/c the car Sucks) and then it drops... :roll:

Not Downvoting.. Just stupidity of people who dont use the forum, just the showrooms... :evil:
korge
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

ok, one more point!

i never visit, comment or vote ugly cars, ugly garages. it just don't waste my time, and also there's no fun exploring "yuck" rides. so from now on, i'll have to? :?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

No. Just watch how you vote and compare rides. Dont just look at all the "best Rides" and hand out 10s and 9s. Mix your votes up. :wink:
korge
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

i find NO FUN commenting rides with spinners, ugly colour combination, or "star wars" bodykit:D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

but NOT ALL CARS CAN BE A 10!!

it is simply NOT possible that you can have rated 200 cars of wich 180 where PERFECT!!

there is almost always something not the way you personally would like it to be... if that is the case... then it CAN'T BE a 10!

if a car is really that you think WOW that one is better then all the others it is PERFECT!

then it is a 10!
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

ok, found a way, to improve my voting balance - exploring cars for "UGLY" subject.

found a hole:-)
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Post edited at the bottom..
Versace
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Versace »

I AGREE WTH RZN AND THESTIG!

so therefore i am..

I trully am going to watch my voting system because i feel sorry for the admins. Come on guys they just want 2 improve this site and make it back 2 peaceful..We aint giving them a chance 2 let them do as they want, now they are doing it the hard way. So all is i am saying is Best of Luck to the admins and i will watch my voting and i agree with them that the voting should be controlled! Im with the admins. Sorry if u guys think i wrong but thts just the way it is now.
Versace
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Versace »

this message will also be in my garage
Versace
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Versace »

1 person already called me a SUCK UP for sayin wat i wrote above^. i dnt care, they shud know wats right and wrong. i AGREE TOTALLY WITH THESTIG AND watever RAZ wrote was TRULLY wat i was gonna say but he sed it before me, thnks m8! :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

if everybody would vote from high to low.. there wouldn't be as much upvoting!
that is all

it all went well with the NFSU1 garage... but as soon as the new garage for U2 came.. the upvoting began!

it is not that we WANT to ban people but at this moment there is NO other alternative!
we do not hate our own members but if they challenge us and our rules by creating several names just to get their cars in the top.... and then telling us all kinds of excused why they have a extra name...(wich we often do accept like if they are brothers etc) but when you start spraying your garage with 10's... then our trust is at a minimum!

we like this to be a nice peacefull community where people who like cars and love this game can share Ideas and admire each others cars....
yeah it is nice if your car hits the top spot... but it is only a number... real repect and apriciation is not gained by cheating...

there is no honor in cheating

and helping your teammates sounds fair... but isn't it nicer to hear constuctive critism so next time you can build your car even better?? you don't learn from only hearing WOW great car 10+
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

All i can say is that im gonna waych my voting :lol:
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

ok, i'll also make my rating more strict. it's not a problem for me 8)
Versace
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Versace »

Its not a problem with me either im gonna watch my voting now!

trully wonderful wat u sed " THESTIG " :D bang on 100% lol
Prophet
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Prophet »

:shock: Strong move yet very helpful by the admins. Great job guys, I salute you. I agree with The Stig. And guys, be carefull! :)

***Still hoping you won't prohibit the use of photoshop in SR3***
User deactivated:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

TheStig wrote:if everybody would vote from high to low.. there wouldn't be as much upvoting!
that is all

it all went well with the NFSU1 garage... but as soon as the new garage for U2 came.. the upvoting began!

it is not that we WANT to ban people but at this moment there is NO other alternative!
we do not hate our own members but if they challenge us and our rules by creating several names just to get their cars in the top.... and then telling us all kinds of excused why they have a extra name...(wich we often do accept like if they are brothers etc) but when you start spraying your garage with 10's... then our trust is at a minimum!

we like this to be a nice peacefull community where people who like cars and love this game can share Ideas and admire each others cars....
yeah it is nice if your car hits the top spot... but it is only a number... real repect and apriciation is not gained by cheating...

there is no honor in cheating

and helping your teammates sounds fair... but isn't it nicer to hear constuctive critism so next time you can build your car even better?? you don't learn from only hearing WOW great car 10+
That post is THE TRUTH ^^

It's not that Im egocentric, but I think my way of voting is the correct. Can any moderator show here my votes?? I mean the number of votes, the %, etc.

My secret is rating a lot of cars when I have time. I just use the random picture feature in the right side of the page. It's there for a reason :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Some days or even during a whole month I don't rate any car, but then one day I take some minutes (20-30) and rate about 100rides. Using the random feature I find all kind of cars: Some of them are beautiful, others are ugly as hell or just average. I vote them all. I also check the best rated rides and the latest rides. I never use the "pick of the moment" it's useless IMO.

I've read comments like this too many times:
Dude... this car is ugly. Im not rating it, because it would be a low vote
WTF? A guy posted sometihing like that in my Peugeot 206. And I replied: "He, come back and gimme that low vote" :lol:
Proof [Seahawk, 18th of June]

And now think twice: If you only rate the good cars, we'll get this situation: All the awesome cars (1500) ranked. All the average (8000) and horrible (1500) cars unranked. Then, since only 1500 cars are ranked, the crowd thinks a 1500th ranked car is crappy. But not!!! A 1500th ranked car is actually very good!! 1500 out of 10,000 is very good, isnt it? Let alone a car ranked the 600th ;)

By rating average&ugly cars, you contribute to improve the showroom state. Thanks ;)

Remember: May any of you mods show here my votes?? Thx
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Ratings for ^Sparcsta^
Score Ratio
10 2.96% (52)
9 11.11% (195)
8 22.56% (396)
7 22.05% (387)
6 16.98% (298)
5 9.8% (172)
4 7.18% (126)
3 5.19% (91)
2 1.71% (30)
1 0.46% (8 )
Total votes: 1755

I have to agree, this is how the vote pattern should look like.
CruzinLow580
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CruzinLow580 »

Yeah, ^ Sparco^ has a pretty good voting pattern, thats an example of how you should vote. The admins were smart to delete and ban garages that weren't being fair, all I have to say is thanks! 8)
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

A so that's why so many votes from my garage dissapear.. :D

I think it's veeeery sad this must happen, why should you makne 3 accounts just to get a #1? Amazingly what people do for some fame on the internet. I have never upvoted a car, because I just rated 20 cars a 10.. And that's how it should be IMO, I can't be true that there are 400 perfect cars in this showroom, like most people make us believe.. When all the votes got wiped, I got hope this showroom would get great, but the showroom dies of it's own succes.. :(

(You would be shocked if the admin would post my voting % :D)
Imports Extreme
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Imports Extreme »

this is a very good idea!!
and i wanted to say i have another account.it's SPEEDFIRE.the reason i created this one is because my other account didn't work :(
and i only rate good cars... but i'll try rating better.

Return to “News”