25 to life

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

25 to life

Post by jemc »

<center>Image</center>

The general theme of 25 to Life is Cops and Robbers. Each team is either made of officers or thugs and both sides try to take each other out or complete an objective first. There's the basic deathmatch mode, but what sets this game apart from the others are the other options. In the Raid mode, the criminals are in a house and are defending a piece of evidence that the cops are trying to get. In a variation on this theme, there's also the Robbery mode where the thugs try to get into an area, steal an object and get out a different way.

The final version is slated to have 8x8 multiplayer modes and over 40 real-world weapons, not to mention over 50 exclusive tracks you can choose dynamically during play. There will be 15 maps altogther, and the locations we saw were pretty varied, including downtown environments, subways, and a prison, mall, penthouse, and suburban cul de sac.

The last mode is a Tag mode where each side tries to claim territory on the map by tagging the area with some graffiti. Whichever team has the most territory dominates the round. But just having some bland tag would be a crime so 25 to Life is including a system for customizing the tags. Every player can then have his own tag to spray anywhere. And besides the Tag mode where it's encouraged, this can be done in any mode just for the hell of it. One of the best uses is to tag the ground beneath the corpse of a fallen enemy. Nothing says, "I owned you," like a little bit of spray paint as the other player waits out the round or is stalled there until he is respawned.

The customization doesn't stop there, and one of the key attributes is that every character can create a unique looking character with all of the different clothes and accessories. In this way, clans can coordinate to get a certain clan look so that when they play online they can be easily distinguished from the others. That way, when groups roll in eight deep, others can know right away who they are. Other bells and whistles include partial environmental destructibility, bullet trails and casings, bloody footprints, burning bodies, and full-screen effects including one that indicates you're low on health. It can get pretty brutal.

While we were only able to play on one of the maps so far, the action is pretty quick. Swapping weapons is just a matter of tapping a shoulder button, and the action doesn't slow down. In fact, the goal of the game is to provide some quick and fast action and keep people playing the game over slowly and cautiously moving around the map. In many ways, the twitch skills are very important in the build that we played. Our old skills in other first-person shooters translated easily to this third-person title, and we were able to quickly get adjusted to the setup.

With just a couple more months to go before 25 to Life hits the streets, we'll be sure to have some more updates as it approaches the release date. Be sure to check back to see how the multiplayer turns out and for some more details about the single-player action.

copy/paste from IGN

official site with trailers and all the info: http://www.25tolife.com/
=|Gigiani|=
Drift King
Drift King

Post by =|Gigiani|= »

man i don't think dat the gfx is like dat is the screens....but seems to be a good game
1995-eclipse
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 1995-eclipse »

what is this on... PC, XBOX, PS2 ECT. it looks like something on PC and it probably is... but i just want to know
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

=|Gigiani|= wrote:man i don't think dat the gfx is like dat is the screens....but seems to be a good game
nope, it's not. here are some in games:

1995-eclipse wrote:what is this on... PC, XBOX, PS2 ECT. it looks like something on PC and it probably is... but i just want to know
it will be on PS, PS2, PC and XBOX

GameSpot says it comes 16th August
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

The perfect combination
NFSMW + 25to life

Furthermore it will be released around my birthday. YAY :D
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

hmmm.. should i get it? im still thinking about it.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Sounds too much like GTA. Perfect combination = NFS + GTA. :D
-hidden-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by -hidden- »

the graphix in this game really suck

Return to “The Games”