Your parents' ride

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Your parents' ride

Post by Zero260 »

No, we don't have any C-Maxes here in the US. I do like the style of the Focus' that Pabl0z posted better than the ones over here. My good friend just bought a Focus and I hated him for it at first but it's actually a pretty fun car to drive. The handling seemed way worse than my Prelude though... No grip at all. I told him to get strut bars, coilovers, and tires asap.

And @ PSZeTa, I don't think that looks too good.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

PSZeTa wrote:Didn't make any sense.
No, the way you interpreted it didn't make sense. The MX-5 is RWD, I know that, and it's quite good for a sub-$50k roadster, but then you get the things like Mazda Demios, any model of Daihatsu, Honda Beat, etc. etc., they're FWD, and they all have 100hp or less in a 1 tonne or more body. Crap. There are exceptions to this rule, such as Mazda 3 MPS, CR-X del sol, but for the most part it's Japan that have the crappiest FWD cars.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:they all have 100hp or less in a 1 tonne or more body.
Are you sure about that? I think you'll find that a lot of those cars are quite light.
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Crap. There are exceptions to this rule, such as Mazda 3 MPS, CR-X del sol, but for the most part it's Japan that have the crappiest FWD cars.
I wonder how many Japanese FWD cars you have driven. In my opinion, they are mostly good fun to drive, and you get the added bonuses of low cost, easy maintenance, practicality and economy.

What's so crap about that? I could name many other FWD cars that are actually crap, and that list would mostly consist of European and American cars.

There's a reason why the Japs crank out so many little FWD cars: because they're good at it.

Return to “The Cars”