Coolest cars you've seen

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Re: Coolest cars you've seen

Post by steelsnake00 »

You've never seen an RX-7? Madness, round here they're ten a penny and no exactly showy.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It really depends on where you live.

Over here Japanse sportscars are rare, mainly because they where very expensive compared to european sportscars.
In the UK they get flooded with JDM imports so they are very cheap over there.
Stuff like Skylines, Supras and RX7's are rare here, but I do see them once in a while.
Skylines are becoming more regular, mostly R34 GTT and R33's etc. they R34 GTR is still very rare, seen a few but only at car shows.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I've seen, I think, 3 FD RX-7s on the road in my life time. FBs and FCs are far more common and aren't anything special to see - about as much 'oooh'-factor as a Boxter. :P

I did, however, see just this weekend, while heading down to L.A., a C2 Corvette and a Porsche Carrera GT~ :3
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

steelsnake00 wrote:You've never seen an RX-7? Madness, round here they're ten a penny and no exactly showy.
yes i never did, here in Poland its a god damn weird place...each and every "cool" car(say, a lambo) i've ever seen, was first and LAST time seeing that car there. :(
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Local hillclimb was on this weekend, pretty good assortment of cars. Mustangs, an old Merc 500SLC which sounded t*ts, loads of Toranas, loads of Rexes, a few Evos, Fiat 600 Abarth, couple of XY GT Falcons...the list goes on.

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=fVo ... h4l5k2TGxc
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=fVo ... h4l5k2TGxc

This was the pick of the moment for picture-posting, an absolute mint Holden Torana A9X. This wasn't far behind either, the Mercedes-Benz 500SLC. The outright winner ran an Evolution IX in grey, and second was a Datsun 280Z converted to all-wheel-drive and a 350 Chev motor whacked under the bonnet. Don't have pics of the Evo, but I'll upload some snaps of the 280Z soon.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I absolutely adore hillclimb and sprint racing, particularly sports libre. Mmmm, space-frame, 700bhp, carbon bodies home-built racers.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Italian, was so excited seeing it I almost crashed a bus, and I forgot to see was it LHD or RHD... it looks so nice in real...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Some guy around the corner has an R35 GTR... I see it driving near my place a lot but I haven't been able to stalk it enough to find out who it belongs to and take a pic.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Yeah, already saw a couple of those... Nice car, but looks too big, this one is compact, more sporty...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

This is probably my best encounter.

Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

If you like that, you would mess your pants over a DBS. The differences may seem minute in photos, but the DBS is one of the sexiest cars I've seen in person, while I won't bother turning my head for a passing DB9.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

No one owns the DBS in Singapore, yet. Or rather, no one has ever driven it out, if someone is already owning it.. The most expensive cars I've seen rolling down the streets here are the Pagani Zonda F and the Pagani Zonda C12 S. They cost about US$2.3m and $1.7m respectively, after tax and insurance crap.

I've seen videos of the DBS before... and yes, is that car one sexy piece of machine. It looks more masculine than the DB9, that's for sure, with the more visible diffuser and the air vents on the hood.

The DB9, however, is pretty rare in this place, where it's mostly crowded with Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Bentley's and Porsche's.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I personally like the V12 Vanquish the most in terms of looks, to bad the performance was not as good as that of a DB9, and it didn't have a very good gearbox.

But I would love to own one.

Seen a Black DB9 a few days ago also btw.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Gosh! What are the chances?! I just saw the DBS today - the first ever!! *flails*
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Saw a fresh, brand new Audi R8 5.2 FSI out on the streets today. Gotta love those intimidating LEDs.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Where I live in the UAE, supercars are something usual for half the people but it still is an amazing feeling when one is enarby or just zooms past you. A couple of months ago, I saw 2 (that's right two!) Dodge Challenger R/T's is the same area within the gap of less than an hour. Amazing thing is, back then, the Challenger wasn't even out in the UAE yet!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I've seem some nice cars in my city, which is something pretty amazing, considering the state of economy in my country. Some of those cars are from another country, but most are Portuguese. The last one I saw really surprised me. It was the Porsche Panamera, and boy, that thing is beautiful. I never thought I would see that car so soon...

Other nice sights include a Lamborghini Murciélago, a Lamborghini Diablo, a Ford Mustang GT, a Shelby GT500 (the new one), a Dodge Viper SRT-10, a Ferrari Testarossa and the F430, a Hummer H2, a Mercedes SLR McLaren, a 350Z and... I think that's it. I still need to see a R8 and the Carrera GT. Although I don't think I'll ever see the last one... :\

Porsches are pretty common around here, especially the 911, the Cayenne and the Boxter. Today I saw a Cayman S parked while on the bus. I thought it was smaller than it really was. Pretty beautiful IMO. :D
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

That's pretty sweet. I've seen Lambos and Ferraris a lot over here. I've seen Porsches as well although I've not seen the Panamera. Has anybody seen the Panamera out on their local streets?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yeah seen it already, looks like a big 911....
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

There's a place called Chellingworth Porsche in Perth which has a Panamera displayed near the front window. It's the only one I've seen so far... none on the road. I quite like the look of it, too (Mainly for its front headlights).

Edit: Also spotted an R35 today, and a 1st generation Viper. 8) Everyone's out for a summer holiday drive.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

TheStig wrote:Yeah seen it already, looks like a big 911....
That's because it is a big 911.... with 4 doors.

A few weeks back, I saw an R35 in Matte Orange with a Matte Black hood, roof and trunk. Looked stunning to say the least.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

except it doesn't have the engine in the back and it doesn't have a flat 6.

Other then that it's a 4 door 911 :P
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

TheStig wrote:except it doesn't have the engine in the back and it doesn't have a flat 6.

Other then that it's a 4 door 911 :P
With a lot more leather as well :)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Sucks to be a German cow.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Dragster wrote:Image

Italian, was so excited seeing it I almost crashed a bus, and I forgot to see was it LHD or RHD... it looks so nice in real...
me want. :o
i got a question, do you guys see any NICELY tuned cars? that actually are not ruined? because all i see is ....well i wont comment. :evil: everyone in this damned country just goes like:
big fat exhaust for 1337 sound.
eye-sore red/yellow rims.
/repeat 50 times

Return to “The Cars”