Coolest cars you've seen

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Coolest cars you've seen

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Ford GT and Lamborghini Gallardo and two of the best-looking cars ever made, IMO. =P~
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

They are beautiful, yes, especially on the track. But I still prefer the Ferrari F40 that was there. :D

And some old cars are also nice to look at. I took a photo of one of the most beautiful cars I've seen, I think it is an AC Cobra modified for racing, but I'm not sure. A true rarity in my opinion, and unfortunately, the only car that crashed. I saw her being towed back to the pits, the front was pretty much destroyed, the left front wheel twisted and hanging and the painting on the drivers side was all scrapped. What a shame. :(

Here's a pic of her before the crash: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9726/dsc00736w.jpg
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:They are beautiful, yes, especially on the track. But I still prefer the Ferrari F40 that was there. :D

And some old cars are also nice to look at. I took a photo of one of the most beautiful cars I've seen, I think it is an AC Cobra modified for racing, but I'm not sure. A true rarity in my opinion, and unfortunately, the only car that crashed. I saw her being towed back to the pits, the front was pretty much destroyed, the left front wheel twisted and hanging and the painting on the drivers side was all scrapped. What a shame. :(

Here's a pic of her before the crash: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9726/dsc00736w.jpg
:(
not a good ending for such a car.
anyway, recently i saw a tuned Eclipse GSX, it was painted Orange, probably metallic, had some light, and i mean LIGHT changes to bodykit, wing was stock, didn't get to see or hear if it was performance tuned as well. looked quite good, not the usual rice i see here(big exhaust tip + some rims, or weird bodykit)
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

That Cobra isn't genuine, I don't think. To me it looks like a replica- especially seen as I don't know anyone who would butcher the ultra-rare detatchable hard-top in order to give themself some more head room. My bet its it's a replica, if not, the tweaks to that one have devalued it from £300k+ in mint condition to almost worthless.

-EDIT-

On closer inspection:

1) Mirrors are wrong- genuine Cobra mirrors are much more aerodynamic.
2) Indicators are wrong- on a genuine Cobra the indicators aren't "pulled out" of the bodywork, they sit flush with it
3) No lip on the rear arch, it curls in rather than around the wheel.
4) Bonnet is wrong/has been butchered badly.
5) Race-spec Cobras came without windscreen wipers to speak of, and the road-going cars are too rare to race convert (much easier to find racing Cobras than road-registered ones).
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well you obviously know much more about cars than me. :P To me it looks like a genuine Cobra and a really rare car, but it seems like it isn't. It's probably a replica, or who knows, maybe someone did modify an original Cobra for racing.

But now that I think of it, who would take a such a rare car for a race track and drive like that? The guy behind the wheel of that Cobra was one of the "bravest", he would go really fast on the main straight and brake really late. He was risking a crash, and in the end he got one. I don't think anybody would be so stupid to take chances of wrecking that. #-o
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Even if it was a replica one like that would probably still go for a hell of a lot of dosh. In Australia the really good replicas go for anywhere between AU$60,000-AU$100,000 which are DRB Sportscars ones. Really, just be thankful it wasn't a genuine one.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:Well you obviously know much more about cars than me. :P To me it looks like a genuine Cobra and a really rare car, but it seems like it isn't. It's probably a replica, or who knows, maybe someone did modify an original Cobra for racing.

But now that I think of it, who would take a such a rare car for a race track and drive like that? The guy behind the wheel of that Cobra was one of the "bravest", he would go really fast on the main straight and brake really late. He was risking a crash, and in the end he got one. I don't think anybody would be so stupid to take chances of wrecking that. #-o
i would not risk that with any car, im not taking chances that either ill make it or crash, possibly hurt myself badly, AND ruin a car that was damn expensive.

anyway, lately i've been seeing lots of Dodge Neons in my city, thats quite weird. also saw a red RX-8, and a BMW Z3 :D
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

True, but whats the point in owning a high performance car if you drive it at 3/10ths on the road all the time? Kinda defeats the object of having a fast car if you ask me.

Having tracked a pretty large number of cars ranging from race prepared 106 Rallye through my CSL, 400bhp S2 and 964 Turbo to Formula Ford cars at varying times in my life I've had some near misses and some offs (mainly into gravel traps, which have never caused too much damage) but never had a smash on the track. Generally, like on the road, crashes are caused by not paying attention, or pushing too hard for the weather conditions/your own skill/the car. It's all about knowing where the limits of the three above are- for instance, I know that my CSL got very light at the back end when you were really close to the limit, whilst in contrast the S2 would understeer. I never took the Porsche to the limt- those things are called widowmakers for good reason!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

No pictures, but I sorta just found out about a guy in Singapore who owns a Bentley Continental GTC, Lambo Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder, Rolls Royce Phantom and Maserati GTS - and he's only 22. I just shocked myself..

You can take a look at his Facebook photo albums to check them out. That's where I found out (inderectly) that he has all these cars.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Andre_online wrote:No pictures, but I sorta just found out about a guy in Singapore who owns a Bentley Continental GTC, Lambo Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder, Rolls Royce Phantom and Maserati GTS - and he's only 22. I just shocked myself..

You can take a look at his Facebook photo albums to check them out. That's where I found out (inderectly) that he has all these cars.
seriously why some people get such stuff at 22 and some work their whole life and never achieve that... :(
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Tell me about it.. And I just found out he also possesses a CLS and a 330i Cabrio. He just went to Italy for a trip to Ferrari's HQ to test drive the 458. :?
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Dang... If you own pretty much everything you want at 22, what more is there to look forward to?
If I were a Billionaire right now, I’d probably fix the cars I already own, and buy a Fiesta in ‘squeeze’ green. :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

if i were that rich i would probably just get one car that i always dreamed of, get it fixed if necessary, and then live happily with rest of the money being there for taxes and all that stuff.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Saw a perfectly white Porsche 911 Turbo 997 today, even got to hear its sound :evil:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

It sounds pretty rough eh? Last week the same thing happened to me, except that the Turbo was a Targa. Porshce 911's has the weirdest sounding engines, ever.. Heh!
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Andre_online wrote:It sounds pretty rough eh? Last week the same thing happened to me, except that the Turbo was a Targa. Porshce 911's has the weirdest sounding engines, ever.. Heh!
Boxer motors always sound odd. It's why Imprezas sound so terrible regardless of how heavily they're tweaked. Clattery and almost diesely.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

So you're saying that even exhaust mods don't change it? SIC EM had an almost V8-like bellow after the MRT Rally exhaust was put on.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

To me they just sound like diesels with boomy exhausts, regardless what's done to them. Even the Subaru WRC cars of yesteryear sound terrible. IMHO of course.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Have you guys seen this? The fastest road-legal taxi in the world: Porsche Panamera Turbo

http://www.youtube.com/v/iYbKFBrmWPY&hl=en&fs=1[/embed]
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i wanna get in that taxi

i just recently saw a nissan GTR at the grocery store
Instagram @SupraHKS
reDFlag
Ricer
Ricer

Post by reDFlag »

Wow, I haven't been to NFSUnlimited in quite a while! I feel almost honored that a thread I started in 2005 is still bouncing around the front page of the forum!
Anyway, on topic, I recently moved and a neighbor a few houses down owns a yellow Dodge Viper SRT/10 similar to this one:

I can't even begin to tell you all how badly I want to test drive that beauty!
Last edited by reDFlag on 09 Jun 2010, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
AKA -hidden-
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

A few days ago, and today aswell, i saw a white 3000GT VR-4 with, what i believe were some Lexani rims. That car was sticking out as much as possible near all those European cars.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i dont know if u guys are into tuners but someguy who lives nxt to the skatepark i go to has an evo IX runnin around 700 hp with soem balck volk te37"s it was so beast
Instagram @SupraHKS
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Zotic+ wrote:i dont know if u guys are into tuners but someguy who lives nxt to the skatepark i go to has an evo IX runnin around 700 hp with soem balck volk te37"s it was so beast
How do you know the power output of it, yet haven't got any pictures? ;)

Seriously though, tweaked Evos are common as dirt around here. There's nothing in the world I enjoy more than destroying them on the bike. Almost exclusively owned by egotistical late-twenty-early-thirties who like to big up their power outputs and quarter mile times like there's no tomorrow. I remember when I ran the S2 utterly killing an FQ-400-badged Evo VIII at Santa Pod- I asked the owner why he was so slow, and his answer was that "it wasn't a real FQ-400 but its been tuned up to that power level". I think he was pretty embarrassed having just been beaten by a 15-year-old Audi.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

seen a pearlescent BMW today, it was one of those big BMW's, cant remember now. Black and turning to red..quite nice.

Return to “The Cars”