Very Strange Problem Please Help

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
Nightmare33
Stock
Stock

Very Strange Problem Please Help

Post by Nightmare33 »

I installed NFSMW and have played for a couple of days. So, I wanted to install my other NFS games: NFSPU, NFSU, & NFSU2. NFSPU & NFSU2 installed just fine. However, when I try to install NFSU I get a splash screen that reads NFSMW across the top and Need For Speed Underground in the main body of the splash screen. There is the play option but no option to install. When I click play it wants my NFSMW Disc.

Here's the really strang part; after inserting the NFSU CD and having this strange slash screen appear a registry entry for NFSU appears at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\Need For Speed Underground. I delete the key, restart my machine, reinsert the NFSU CD and the registry entry appears again.

Can NFSU and NFSMW be on the same machine? In this reg entry Display Name has value of Need for speed most wanted.

Nightmare33
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

This is most certainly a bug that needs to be fixed. This happened to me as well, but in the reverse situation. I already had NFSU and NFSU2 installed when I tried to install MW. I put in the first MW disc and theres no install option. I press Play and it launches NFSU asking for the NFSU disc.

Something is buggered up, I had to uninstall NFSU to get MW to install. Sad, I had some good cars :(
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hmmm, the same thing happened to me too... I had to uninstall NFS Ungerground to install NFS Most Wanted.

Return to “Help & Support”