NFSMW Players reviews

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

i plan to have my garage full of exotics..and no tuner cars..for ONCE. I tuned (countless) tuner cars, and now im very sick of it....im liking the exotics very much....looking forward to get my 911 Carrera S...cant wait =)

and since i dont put stupid bodykits on these exotics, i mean in real life would i? nope. They are designed to looke like this, so let them be. =) (imo of course)

tuning the import cars side, the boykits are nice,but some are still awful, I'm only dissapointed that u cant even change the colour of your brake callieprs( they are a MUST for me) and muffler tips. part from that..i got no more compliants.
since the absence of ferrari is understandable.
Peter Ferrell
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Peter Ferrell »

I haven't gotten the game yet, so I don't know the answer to the following question. I also asked it in the main thread, and received no reply. There's a lot of talk about there being only five to seven bodykits per car. Do they come in levels? (5 for level one, five for level two, etc) Or do they come all at once...

Whatever though, from the demo, I still think its a pretty good game, with all the variety of everything - it seems more balanced thaan the UG's.
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

I haven't gotten the game yet, so I don't know the answer to the following question. I also asked it in the main thread, and received no reply. There's a lot of talk about there being only five to seven bodykits per car. Do they come in levels? (5 for level one, five for level two, etc) Or do they come all at once...
ok, there's a max of 5 bodykits per car(some have only got 2), and as you go through the career, the bodykits will be unlocked, every car has got it's own bodykits, and they haven't got names anymore they're just called "Body 1" or "Body 5" for example. The bodykits include front and rear bumpers, side skirts and mufflers. You can't paint any of these parts.
Peter Ferrell
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Peter Ferrell »

Ohh all right thanks...
Dragstarrr
Ricer
Ricer

Attention!!!

Post by Dragstarrr »

Ahem! [/u] YOU CANT CUSTOMISE THE MAIN CAR OF THE GAME = BMW
You only get to play a stock bmw and the Hero car of the game now thats lousy... :lol:
Same with the camaro and many bonus cars example Porsche GT 2 (stock),Chevy Corvette C6R,Merc SL 65 .......
What Do you say now ?
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

they arent my fav cars...so...i say...oh wells =P
Dragstarrr
Ricer
Ricer

Help!!

Post by Dragstarrr »

Are'nt there any bmw fans out there .... like seriously where r u guys........... get ure a**s here and defend,for the customisation of bmw or the game is sh*t.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .................TO MY HOPES CAN ANYONE CREATE A MODIFICATION FOR NFSMW BY ADDING THE BMW TO ITS LIST OF CUSTOMISING PLZ........som 1 out there HELP!!! :roll: :roll: :evil:
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

I like the BMW shape but ive played with it and the handling sux... So i decided not to play with it...

But yess i would like to be able to customize the BMW... Too bad we caNT
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Help!!

Post by Andre_online »

Dragstarrr wrote:Are'nt there any bmw fans out there .... like seriously where r u guys........... get ure a**s here and defend,for the customisation of bmw or the game is sh*t.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .................TO MY HOPES CAN ANYONE CREATE A MODIFICATION FOR NFSMW BY ADDING THE BMW TO ITS LIST OF CUSTOMISING PLZ........som 1 out there HELP!!! :roll: :roll: :evil:
Too bad for you then... I really doubt anything can be done to this, not even hacking.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I'm really happy you can't customize the BMWs. They look nice the way they are. Plus I like laughing at those who get so pissed they can't rice the BMW. Well..ha!!! Can't touch this...
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

OK, here is my review of Need For Speed Underground 3 (sorry, Least Wanted). Yup, it's another PC review!

Graphics: Flipping Awesome, best in an NFS game IMHO. And now I've turned that motion bleugh off, it's even better! Should be an option in the menu for this, though. 9/10.

Sound: Cars, etc sound good, but the music is sh*te as always. I turned it off after about 20 minutes of playing. 8/10 SFX, 1/10 music.

Cars: Not enough European cars for my liking and too many heavy 4 door saloons: Audi A4, Lexus IS300, Cadillac CTS (might be a 2 door, haven't bothered looking too closely). And no 350Z, Integra Type R or Civics. At least they included the Vauxhall Monaro VXR (the best version of the Monaro/GTO IMHO). 7/10.

Entertainment: Bl**dy frustrating. No diffculty level selection, and I suck at Drag Races! I mean, I get off from the line first, perfect gear changes, get a good lead and then the f***ing stupid traffic gets in the way round a blind corner and I lose. FFS EA, surely street racers would cordon off the racing area? They did in 2F2F anyway. Drag races are even more frustrating than in the previous games, as the traffic is always in the same place, and is set very hard IMHO. Have you noticed how the crossing traffic adjusts its speed if you slow down or speed up so you can't avoid it? Hence I can't get past Blacklist member #4. And no drift racing (my personal favourite). If it wasn't for the saving factors below, I'd be giving just 2/10.

However, I love the cop chases and the challenges. Brings the score up to 7/10.

Overall, I think 70% is a generous score, which only comes because running from the pigs is so much fun. Career mode makes up just 20% of my total.
integi0
Ricer
Ricer

hmmm

Post by integi0 »

Hey guys i posted a review earlier when I was half way through this game and I would like to post some final comments since I have completed the game.

I have no idea if I am the only person who feels botherd about this but the DRAG racing sucks so badly. I mean like the gameplay for the drag racing is great but has EA forgot something about drag racing ?

Where I am from a DRAG race is a drag strip which is normally a straight line. In that straight line you normall test a few others acceleration and there top speed.
After completing the game I have not found 1 straight drag track. Actually not even one track you could consider a drag track.

In the real world if you raced drag style on any of these tracks at max speed you would be dead. No if's or buts you would fly into a wall with the extreme bends each drag track holds.

this may not be a biggie for some I guess but after playing the whole game thinking it was quite good this pitfall just destroyed the whole game sadly :S .

The lack of tuning and customization is also pretty crap to and say what you say about the game being the next hot persuit yabber yabber yabber. You don't just cut out features that made the underground series so good just like that. Anyone who is happy with the tuning needs to wake up because it gets as fake as could possibly be where underground 2 had that edge of realness thanks to the dyno.

Sadly the online mode in underground 2 was so great since the dyno was so important but since that has been so faked down I don't think I shall be participating in the online mode this year.

Overall the game is great to play but after a few weeks the game has these small glitches which makes you wonder why you thought the game had any sort of race appeal to it. After being a fan for so long I am so disappointed even though the exotic cars where fun. My rx7 can munch any of them racing round corners etc so the novelty in them just died straight away.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

well i used the dyno for a bit...and then it got annoying.

I hate drag racing....wait till ur on #8 but i made her totalled her car...mwhahaa.Pretty easy for me.

Im happy with the tuning..and i am waken up ;)...i acutaly prefer the engine mods here, because you notice a huge diff, whereas U2...not that great...

Im avoiding buyin tuner cars in this game, i tuned up too much RX7s in any game now lol
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Actually tuner cars can have very nice engine sounds here :)
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

but Abrams....since i was 14, i tuned evrey single rx7 in any racing game....5 years of rx7...wether its blue,or white, carbon bonnet, its all the same....the sounds best in GT series, dont u just get bored of hearing japanese cars? Im exicted to hear the exotic cars, they have that....unique revving sound that no tuner can can ever produce.

I'm not sayin tuners engine sounds crap(sinc ei love tuenrs myself..in real life) in in video game..too much now...from GT1, GT2,GT3,GT4, midnight club 3, juiced, SRS, U1,U2,MW, as for aracdes, Inital D stage 2, inital D stage 3, Maxitume Tune 1, Maxium Tune 2, Battle Gear 3, Battle Gear 4...just all rx7s..and more rx7s....can u see how i feel? =/
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Hehe :) Now i see :P
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

ok, i beated the game from a while and i am kinda dissapointed that EA didnt put enough videos in the game, they were very nice, but i thought that there will be more than this.

anyways, my overall rating is 8.5/10
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

- graphics-Good, although they do get annoyingly blurry at times.
- sounds-Amazing, but police sirens are oddly quiet.
- storyline-Good, but acting is cheezy at times.
- cars, vinyls, tracks-Not as many cars as I thought there'd be, didn't use any vinyls(ricey imo) and the tracks were exellently done.
- online playing-Only have it for ps2, so I can't go online.
- entertaining factor-Pursuit chases when they exceed X3 heat.
- I am slightly dissapointed with the customization, however, but the gameplay is solid.
- I got the Black Edition, but it really is no different from the regular one. Well, at least not that I could tell...

Overall, a great game. It was my most anticipated game of this year and I just beat it a few days ago and the ending is amazing. Very few dissapointments. 8.7 fer me.
Last edited by Racin_Penguin on 07 Dec 2005, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I am fed up of EA making unfinished games!!
NFS Most Wanted is a complete disapointment.Every time EA takes 5 steps forward they take a 100 steps back. When was the last time EA made a complete NFS title? NFS3,High stake and NFSPU are examples of a complete game.Since Hot Pursuit 2 game out the NFS series has become a empty shell. A nice selection of cars, nicely rendered tracks to race them on but the problem was the most of the tracks did not allow for top speed. The last time i checked the name of the game was need for speed. When i first saw the underground series and saw all those flashy graphics and and the incredible sence off speed that the game offered i was simply amazed.But EA had to spoil it. When u compare NFS U to previous games it was only a shell coming from NFS3 that allows u to customize every aspect of the game to suit u not to mention u could save ur replays and view wen ever u like.U2 was great because of the tunig and now MW wich is a strip down version of U2. EA dont get me wrong i like u people and NFS is one of my favorite series but PLZ stop stripin the game down just build on wat u already have PLZZZZ.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

^^ Um, you never mentioned a thing about NFS Most Wanted... :roll:
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

L0L but he's got a point. You can look at it from 2 angle's:
Angle 1: EA advanced in customization from Underground and Underground 2 but then downgraded and got lazy on Most Wanted.
OR, angle 2:They went a step out of the Underground series and kept with the exotics and took out most of the customizations and left in the ones you really need. Maybe they only wanted limited customization just so you can have enough to lower your heat?
Well, I am on angle 2, it really doesn't bother me that you can't put useless ugly spinners and monitors on your car...
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

How come i was managin to get top speeds on circuit and drag races in NFSU1/2?

Something to do with skills and knowledge maybe? The NFSU2 track named 'Outer Ring' is basicly huge highway where you go at almost top speed all the way.

Same goes for NFSMW....as it got alot more highways.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

U r correct i love the outer ring but thats just one track. Only a few tracks allow top speed in U2. Drags in underground and underground2 are fun because they realy push ur ride to the limit but Drag races in MW i hate because those r not drag tracks!!!! just call them mini sprints! AND U CANT TURN OFF THE TRAFFIC!!! :cry:
sigsegv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by sigsegv »

GINIX_2007 wrote:... but Drag races in MW i hate because those r not drag tracks!!!! just call them mini sprints! AND U CANT TURN OFF THE TRAFFIC!!! :cry:
Well, that's (probably) because some moron program manager @ EA thought it would be better if drag race = speed + avoiding traffic. Having perfect shifts doesn't even matter much now. He/She thought that simple drag race is too easy or it's not "adrenaline" enough.

IMHO, that moron should be found and crucified. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
@$T0/\/--)v(@RT1N
Ricer
Ricer

Post by @$T0/\/--)v(@RT1N »

Racin_Penguin wrote:- graphics-Good, although they do get annoyingly blurry at times.
- sounds-Fantastic
- storyline-Good, but acting is cheezy at times.
- cars, vinyls, tracks-Not as many cars as I thought there'd be, didn't use any vinyls(ricey imo) and the tracks were exellently done.
- online playing-Only have it for ps2, so I can't go online.
- entertaining factor-Pursuit chases when they exceed X3 heat.
- I am slightly dissapointed with the customization, however, but the gameplay is solid.
- I got the Black Edition, but it really is no different from the regular one. Well, at least not that I could tell...

Overall, a great game. It was my most anticipated game of this year and I just beat it a few days ago and the ending is amazing. Very few dissapointments. 8.7 fer me.
Storyline-Good, but acting is cheezy at times. LOL I noticed that alot lol. I think the cheeziest part was when Mia gives you a ride after your outta jail....

^GINIX U1 and U2 are not that unfinished I like to think that MW was kind of continued from U2 except no BMW in U2. What gave me that hint is when Rog calls you and says "Look what the underground let loose, let's see how you do in the daylight." but hey i see what you mean.

Return to “Most Wanted”