NFSMW Players reviews

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

When ur goin up against razor rog also mentions Bayview in one of his messages

Any way i like the game its just that y dosnt EA build on wat the already heve instaed of stripin it down and PLZ bring back drag racin!!! im diein over here!!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Do you mean Drift races? :P
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

no i mean Drag racees as i said before the drag races in MW can be called mini sprints that realy sucks!!
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Really? They weren't that bad for me. I actually thought they were pretty fun. But the traffic got annoying.
And at the, uhh...kid that quoted my review: The cheeziest moment in my opinion would have to be in one of the beginning cutscenes when Mia says "sumthin' or not, that car is HAWT!" and she's leaning on her RX-8 and then she does that skanky walk of hers...ugh, terrible.
Oh, and I edited my opinion of the sound in my review.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hey! I thought that scene was great! She deserves an Oscar nominee for that, and I'm being serious. :D
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Yeah I guess thats just your opinion of it, but I can't stand cheezy acting...especially in a video game.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I really don't mind that they striped away alot of the tuning stuff, IMO it sucked anyway!

I only used subtle bodykits and a new set of rims and a spoilers in U2 the rest I really didn't care for... I hated it that I had to make my car a ricer. I sometimes I hardly touched the original car, and I did the same in MW, some got a smallbodykit or a spoiler, and some where left bonestock. I kept all my exotics stock (or maybe with a viper spoiler)
In that way I am happy they skipped the spinners and hydrolics etc. I would cry if I seen a DB9 or a Murciélago with spinners and hydrolics.

IMO EA made alot of improvements but hardly anyone noticed them..

I'll tell in my full review wich will come ASAP.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

sigsegv wrote:
GINIX_2007 wrote:... but Drag races in MW i hate because those r not drag tracks!!!! just call them mini sprints! AND U CANT TURN OFF THE TRAFFIC!!! :cry:
Well, that's (probably) because some moron program manager @ EA thought it would be better if drag race = speed + avoiding traffic. Having perfect shifts doesn't even matter much now. He/She thought that simple drag race is too easy or it's not "adrenaline" enough.

IMHO, that moron should be found and crucified. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bear in mind a CANADIAN moron programmed this. since they dont have their own cars they have no real appreciation for fair play. Their idea of fun is to give the goddamn AI an unfair advantage.
CaVaLeRa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CaVaLeRa »

@stig I agree partially with your opinion! i hate the goddamn hydraulics and neons and those BIG wide body kits, but i'll tell you i really liked the underground series cause you can make cars on your style and unique!

In MW i can't see that!! I see a visualy great game, the cars have realistic sounds but thats it!! About the rest i simply despise the game, Except those cop chases, that i'll tell you i just loved them!! At least in that i find some adrenaline!!
sigsegv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by sigsegv »

James31278 wrote:Their idea of fun is to give the goddamn AI an unfair advantage.
I belive that their huge mistake was to try too hard to make it "fun". They removed all "motivation" from the game. I mean, in UG1/2 you had a reason to advance in the game, to get the best ride. In this one, the only reason is to beat #1 on the BL (like I care :) and to unlock some rides (can get a savegame for that). You cannot have the best ride in the game, because there is no such thing: the AI can kick your a** anyway.

I still play the game though, for the nice graphics, the challenge mode and speed records on tracks. I try to beat some guy that made a 1:19 per loop on the City Perimeter with a Carrera GT :D.
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

My reiveiw:

Gameplay- totally Awsome, but the AI is a little unfair IMO and the drags SUCK.
Graphics- the greatest grephics in a NFS game.
customization- fairly solid, it was ok, but I would love to have more customization like NFSU2 (eccept those ugly spinners EWWWWWW :evil: ). The body kits were a little dissapointing.
Story- kinda chesey, esspecally when sargent Cross says EVERYONE!!!! :lol:, but i think it is still fair.
Cop chases- the best around, I love it.
sound- awsome and realalistic.
damage- better, but still it is not good enough.

Overal, it is a solid title 8.5/10 :)
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

sigsegv wrote:You cannot have the best ride in the game, because there is no such thing: the AI can kick your a** anyway.
AI can't kick my ass...
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Then try loosing few kph when being followed by AI :)

they fly past you like you slowed down by 1/2.

Also what annoy me is toolbooth at last few challenge series....its impossible....i mean you have exactly time to get from one point to another....one scratch or little slow-down and you loose. Especially hard with x5 heat level on your tail. And if only theyd give you a good car.....
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

OH yeah, the tollbooths near the end of the blacklist races get exremely challanging too. Especially if there are cops.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I remember there was one tollbooth race, for Blacklist #5, which was extremely difficult. The time given to reach from one tollbooth to another was very infsuffucient. It took me more than 6 attempts to complete that challenge, and the Cayman made my day. :P
A-Spec wrote:Gameplay- totally Awsome, but the AI is a little unfair IMO and the drags SUCK.
Yeah, I know it is... Mostly because there're lots of turns, which is not what Drag racing is all about. But could it be also because you can't go to the sidewalks while the AI's can do so?

I'm not sure if most of you know the trick, but you can actually race on the sidewalks. IT'S POSSIBLE! :)
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

You can go on sidewalks, but it is not by choice. If you're in the far lane and theres a corner coming, your car will automatically cut the corner and go on the sidewalk. Which isn't always the best because you hit street poles and signs n' shiznit that slows you down...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Oh, it is by choice actually... I can even run the whole Drag race at the sidewalks if there is such track. You have to use the Speed Breaker if you want to go to the sidwalks by choice. Trust me, it worked perfectly.
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Well duh, but I'm talking about just turning onto the sidewalk regularly and including it as a lane. Yeah, I know you can go on there with speedbreaker...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yep with speedbreaker you can, and like andre said it works perfectly :D

BTW I love Tollboothraces, I never really lost one, only when I really crashed and flipped or something but not because I could not reach it in time.
in the careermode that is, haven't done much from the challenge series.

In most Tollboothraces I got a 20+ up to 40 second on the clock.
I love to do tollboothraces, I always do them first in the races that are given to me, simple reason is: there is no opponent so it is you against the clock, you can't blame AI for not winning cause there is no cheating and if you use a car that has a low enough heatlevel you don't have much worries about cops. :wink:
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Well I ain't quite finished the game yet, still got to do the ridiculously hard persuit at the end, but here's my impression of MW anyway.

The game itself is just a big ball of crazy fun! Especially the persuits, cars falling from the sky, the cops ramming into your backside. The racing itself is also fun, not as challenging as other racing titles, but when you driving your very fast car down a narrow street with cars coming in all directions, it does kinda get tricky :lol:

I've never actually tried using the speedbreaker at all, except for fun during free roaming. And I'll tell you what - the drive carefully warning by josie maran is the best I've ever seen... aaahhh

Unfortunatly there is a downside to this game - and that's the narrative. There's only one word for it, and that's simply awful!

Razor is pillock who thinks he hard, and doesn't really seem like a "bad guy". The only motivation for the player (you) is to get your M3 back, Razor didn't seem to pose to much of a threat, especially during the end when your told that Razor is scared of losing.

The guy who plays Cross can't act for shiznit. There are no words to describe how lame Cross is especially at the end when he gets all twictchy because you gotta away in your M3 before the last persuit. And who the hell is the girl with him? Frankly, I don't care!

And do we ever get to see Rog? It'd would've been nice.

Mia is absolutly gorgreous - aaahh - erm, I mean that's not the point. Mia is a lifeless character with nice boo... erm, hair cut. But really the plot twist at the end was crap, when you find out Mia is the undercover cop.... PLEASE!!! I knew that already, we all did! EA, please stop insulting our intelligence, we ain't that stupid! The story was preditable and lame, the cutscenes were crap! EA can't do narrative to save their lives, at least hire an outsource professional writer!

Enough said about the narrative, but my point is this - A game like NFS doesn't really need a narrative - it could've been as simple as you are a driver who wants to win his way to the top of the blacklist, and Mia could have just been a simple mentor thru the game, thats it. But NO! EA have to ruin with a half assed narrative instead. Oh well.

The game is great, but some parts of the game didn't feel quite polished, if you get my drift. Some of it was rushed, like the AI for the cops (sometimes the cops would just drive away in the opposite direction, for some reason). It also seemed like they re-cycled a lot of the exisiting materials from NFSU and NFSU2, but the again the game was released in about a year from the last NFS game.

That's about it! Apolgies if I kinda went on a bit of a wild rant. :D
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

u spoiled the ending for some people like me...but then i dont mind..i don't care less..i like to get spoiled (sometimes)lol....its only a game...well a racing game with a storyline that isn't so good.

I'd like to see the ending of how Mia is a undercover cop..maybe thats a goal that i should aim for, becuase right now..im bored of the game and i got what i waned (carrera S) and..i dont feel like playin the game as its too repetitive..Mind you I do love the game and everything, but I hate games that repeats too much..
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Well things got pretty cool for me at the end. The cop chases got really fun and with the exremely fast cars you unlock, its worth beating if for them alone. Yes, storyline was your typical "race after race, cheezy cutscene here and there" mentality, but overall, I really liked it.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

you know what would've been a better ending? If Mia was the one who was chasing after you in the last persuit, and the Rog told you how to escape..
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Stig i suggest you try the challenges :)

Awesome evasion practise :)
@$T0/\/--)v(@RT1N
Ricer
Ricer

Post by @$T0/\/--)v(@RT1N »

Sir Ibi wrote:you know what would've been a better ending? If Mia was the one who was chasing after you in the last persuit, and the Rog told you how to escape..
That would be good if Mia hadn't given you da keys to the BMW. Or she could betray the cops and jump the bridge with you :D

I just beat da game last night and heres my review

Gameplay-Good
Graphices-Awsome
Storyline-Kicks butt but could use more movies.Actors kinda could do better.
Difficulty-Ok easy at times hard at times
Customization-I loved it
Pursuits-Hard when X5...(i loved immobilizing cross at final part of game)
Damage-Good for cops..I wish our cars had it.
Music-Awsome songs.

Total-Ill give it a 9/10 or a 9.5/10 depends if they make a NFS:MW2 :D :D :D :D

Return to “Most Wanted”