Most Wanted, A let down for me.

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

We'll be the judges of that. You get on with your on topic posting.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

EVoLVeR_iNc. wrote:all in all i am satisfied with the game. but one thing that i realy hate is that when i step off the gas the car brakes automaticaly. i would like to have the car roll like in underground 2.

The cars do slow down to fast when you are braking on the gears (foot of gas or shifting back) but to roll a long time put it in neutral. :wink:
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

I only noticed the auto-brake thing when you are going really really slow cause then the brake lights come on, they don't come on when you let off the gas at high speeds...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Another thing also is, when I let go completely of the gas on a steep slope, surprisingly, the car just stops! No cars in real life would react this way... This has got to be the biggest mistake, ever. :roll:
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

No, not having online gameplay on the ps2 is the biggest mistake.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Well I have online mode on the PC... but never use it, will get the game for the PS2 also (when price drops) but know for sure I won't miss online play.
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Well I only want it now cause I'm done with the career and challange series and I'm really bored with the game. And I'm not too big for starting a new career cause it really wasn't that good :(
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

The game needs a Dodge Charger. Now THAT would be exotic.

(Yes, I know what "exotic" means. But c'mon, when's the last time you've seen a dodge charger done justice in any game whatsoever? I think the "2 Fast 2 Furious" charger in High Stakes is the only decent one.)
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

Speaking of which, that's something I'd like to see in an NFS game - a whole bunch of 'muscle' cars. And not the peices of shiznit they call 'muscle cars' that you see in games like Juiced - these ones should be properly modifiable, have the performance they actually do have, and not do a backflip every time you turn the cars' nose 1 degree southward. 'Acourse, I doubt anyone who works at EA has ever even heard of alumnium replacement bodypanels or tube-frame chassis, so they'd probably fudge it up like hell.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Dagon wrote: these ones should be properly modifiable, have the performance they actually do have.
ooh that would be fun, cars that go really fast in a streight line and as soon as they even see a corner they go backwards....

btw EDIT your posts instead of double posting!
4cefed
Stock
Stock

Tuner?

Post by 4cefed »

Hey guys,
Although I wont have played the game until tommorow (christmas present) I dont really care if its a tuner or not, just as long as its nothing like the first NFS games, no imagination needed, choose a car and drive, without free roam! I think complaining about NFS MW being lame is stupid, be happy with what you got! Yes, i would have loved to rice some cars, and get the neons glowing, but hey im 15 and thats what i love, but really, judging by what ive seen, the level of customisation and unique customisation might i add has been pretty high. Also 2 variants of the Holden Monaro in the same game is pretty cool (but would have preffered the real thing!). Also there are worse games, Juiced was the worst let down, the wait was not worth it!

Well thats my 2 cents (actually I think it cost more than that because ive been on the internet for a while now, surfing the site)

Nic
4cefed
Stock
Stock

fake foam rollbars?

Post by 4cefed »

baumaxx1 wrote:Not even a s2000 or Integra!
I'm dissapointed with them not including 350Z
Such a shame, and the customisation is extremely repeditive!
Anyway, customising is NOT RICE!
Rice is putting Ferrari badges on a Datsun or TRD (Toyota) racing stickers on a Honda (These are a few examples) Rice is often seen in real life, like FOAM ROLL CAGES JUST FOR LOOKS (Roll cages damn ugly, but offer great safety and performance gains. Why would anyone make a fake one if it doesn't do anything?) or a "Mazspeed" numberplate on a HOLDEN!
If you were smarter you would know that the foam rollbars you see are actually rollbars with foam on it, if you crash you dont wonna hit ur head on bare metal do ya??? its called padding, me think you already have enough of that on your brain anyway
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

From my experiences with them, most muscle cars aren't nearly as bad at turning as they're made out to be, especially ones with power steering like my '73 holden (though it's not a 'large' car like a charger, it's still bigger than most modern cars). Even my dad's '53 fairlane (which is roughly the length of your average third world country runway) is pretty maneuverable.
4cefed
Stock
Stock

Post by 4cefed »

Hey guys, just played a bit of MW Black Edition.....LOVE IT! I dont no why your complaining! The gameplay is awesome, i drove around for about 1/2 an hour just speeding and getting into pursuits, the game is better than i expected. Im not sure what you were expecting (maybe being able to get out of the car, shoot the police and steal another car to mod). So all in all great game!
orkin
Stock
Stock

indeed a letdown

Post by orkin »

sure, the gameplay was awesome, so improved from the underground series. but that is the only thing thisd game has to offer is gameplay, it's a terrible all round game. what is the harm in including all the customization options of UG2 and then some, it won't bother people because it wouldn't be made mandatory to customize your car, but those who do love to customize are satisfied as well, I just think a game in a series shouldn't digress in any of it's aspects. I'm just saying this game would have received much more of my playtime had it the capacity to make hundreds of unique cars, the way it is now you can only make a couple good looking unique cars, each car is quite visually limited..they deifnitely let me down. Why did I have to trad ein my customization for gameplay, why couldn't they just give me everything good about the game. I guess there is nothing I can do about it now but I think a most wanted: underground game is in need here, or at least MW2, which is an extension of the gameplay with all the customization features of UG2 (and plis some). If EA fails to recognize what it has and doesn't attempt to build on this, rthen yes, they do suck.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Because EA and their infinite glory can't get off their lazy asses to make all the body parts again for more cars with more polygons. :roll:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

And some people will be pleased (ALOT) that they ditched the SPINNERS and NEONS and other ricer crap that they filled Underground 2 with.

the costomizing in MW takes more imagination then in U2. i U2 you could make a car in loads of diffirent ways and keep it look nice or make a driving piece of SH*T of it (wich most U2 users did btw)

you can make nice cars in MW. but the style if the parts is slightly diffirent from U2 so you might not build all the cars the way you wanted it.

I personally can build cars the way I like mine in MW... ok not all some don't have ANY good bodykit, wich is a shame... but in general most cars I can do to them what I like. (wich is basicly a keep the original style of the car.
4cefed
Stock
Stock

Post by 4cefed »

Well i love the game, huge fan, i dont no why you guys are complaining, atleast it isnt NFS3 again! But it could have done with some aussie cars, pity they ditched those.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

I just dont get it, people still havent sunken this in. MOST WANTED IS NOT A CUSTOMIZATION TUNER GAME. IT'S A PURSUIT DRIVEN GAME WITH LIMITED CUSTOMIZATIONAL PARTS. Pretend it's like a 1/4 NFSU2 and 3/4 NFSHP
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

spartan.dk wrote:I just dont get it, people still havent sunken this in. MOST WANTED IS NOT A CUSTOMIZATION TUNER GAME. IT'S A PURSUIT DRIVEN GAME WITH LIMITED CUSTOMIZATIONAL PARTS. Pretend it's like a 1/4 NFSU2 and 3/4 NFSHP
Tell 'em dude! You're awesome!

THE OLD DAYS ARE BACK!!! NFS is turning exoticish again!
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
whizzo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by whizzo »

there is no perfect game. there will always be people who whine and complain and all that... you don't have to buy the game!

PS: a drive-by option would be cool, you could switch to a side view and when a rival is next to you, you can fire a shot out of your window, causing him to spin off in surprise and terror. (i've been playing to much gta vice city, don't you think?) :lol:

whizzo

Return to “Most Wanted”