BUG or it's just me? NFS MW

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

BUG or it's just me? NFS MW

Post by fasttasf »

I don't know whether it is supposed to be like that or a bug, but I found out that when you go to the garage and select different cars in career mode, no matter which car you are browsing, the performance cap indicators (small vertical yellow bar) on the blue performance bars for each car do not change, they stays as that for the car you entered the feature with. i.e. you enter selection with a Lexus, the indicators always point to that for the lexus no matter what car you are currently browsing. This is also true when you go to a car lot to buy new cars, the performance bars (blue) change, but not the performance cap indicators. WHY?????

I've even re-installed my operating system (proper format) with no luck. Plus, when I started a new career and got to blacklist 6, just happend to swtich alias (100% completed including the 68 challenges, no hack at all), and then switched back, you know what happened? the rival I was supposed to challenge is now defeated, i kept on playing until all required races, mile stones and bounty are completed, the game wouldn't let me challenge the rival, of course, it's "defeated" already, now I'm stuck with a half finished game. What the hell is going on?????? Have you any idea??????
Last edited by fasttasf on 19 Apr 2006, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Please be patient. Someone will answer. Also, don't post a question more than once. This is considered spamming and only confuses the matter. I have locked your duplicated posts in the General Discussion and Editing forums. Any answers to your query will appear here.
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

Thanks, and have you any idea about my problems? Do you see the same thing in your game?
Last edited by fasttasf on 19 Apr 2006, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

No, I haven't seen this problem before, sorry.
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

do you know where NFS saves its user preference info? (apart from the save file) I tried regedit but can't find anything related to the NFS game.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

The registry key for Most Wanted is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted

But there's nothing there that could cause the problem you've described. Never heard of such bug before.
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

I don't consider this to be a bug. I have the exact same thing on atleast more than 2 different pc's on mw. You might aswell just leave it. I think its to compare your current car to the one you have selected.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

99_k wrote:I think its to compare your current car to the one you have selected.
That's right. They are there so you can compare the performance of your selected car to any other you may select.
Blaster14
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Blaster14 »

I was just going to say that. It's so you know what it's like compared to your current one. It's not bug.
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

Thanks a lot guys, i guess you guys are right about the comparison thing. Any thoughts about my second question?
Last edited by fasttasf on 19 Apr 2006, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Your second one hmm... Are you sure you didnt download anything for nfsmw. I downloaded a save editor and changed just one save. It edieted them all and i had to start over. Tho it could be a damn bug tho.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

The sencond is a bug when you have multiple careers. There are a couple of solutins to this in the forum somewhere. Use the search option to find them.

Return to “Help & Support”