Interview with Steve Anthony at 1UP

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Interview with Steve Anthony at 1UP

Post by Skyline_man »

Over at 1UP, you can find a new interview (preview) on Need For Speed Carbon, the interview doesnt add any new info, however, you can find some small amount of info about the cops:
What about the cop stuff then? If you played Most Wanted through to the end, you'll no doubt be groaning about the prospect of having to endure more of its crazy pursuit mode. Early on in the game it was perfectly reasonable, but as you worked your way up to the top rank challenges, the expectations the game made were just insane. Anthony assures us that it's been toned down considerably for Carbon, but "it's the same basic structure, with the same way of tracking your 'heat' as in Most Wanted." Although not in the demo we saw, he told us that you'll be pursued by the same types of cop cars this time (basic squad cars, through GTO's and SUVs, all the way up to Corvette pursuit vehicles) but that the challenges "aren't as crazy." Let's hope he's serious.
You can also find the video interview with Steve Anthony, and a new gameplay video at the videos section.

Full Preview.
Videos section..
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

interesting videos...also i think this time cops are going to get more intelligent and catch u at all cost...
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

So let's review:
1. They're too lazy to change the cop cars, and re-model new cars.
2. They "toned down" pursuit challenges - which were the most fun

The pursuits were the most fun in Most Wanted and while I do admit some of the later Challenges were hard, that is the point of a challenge...to challenge you. Man, why does EA have to listen to those noobs who can't drive a car properly and glide on the sidewalls...

At least it sort of confirms we will get Pontiac GTOs and Chevrolet Corvettes... :roll:

(yes, I'll bash and give this game a hard time as much as I want)

EDIT: Oh, woop-dee-doo...they brought back the Speedbreaker...the answer to the question nobody asked...(my bad, it was kind of obvious from before but only recently I have seen it being used in Carbon)

EDIT2: The description for the 2nd video reads: "A look at the 48th installment in the series"
Did I forget how to count...I thought Carbon was the 10th game in the series...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

2furio wrote:So let's review:
1. They're too lazy to change the cop cars, and re-model new cars.
2. They "toned down" pursuit challenges - which were the most fun

The pursuits were the most fun in Most Wanted and while I do admit some of the later Challenges were hard, that is the point of a challenge...to challenge you. Man, why does EA have to listen to those noobs who can't drive a car properly and glide on the sidewalls...

At least it sort of confirms we will get Pontiac GTOs and Chevrolet Corvettes... :roll:

(yes, I'll bash and give this game a hard time as much as I want)

EDIT: Oh, woop-dee-doo...they brought back the Speedbreaker...the answer to the question nobody asked...(my bad, it was kind of obvious from before but only recently I have seen it being used in Carbon)

EDIT2: The description for the 2nd video reads: "A look at the 48th installment in the series"
Did I forget how to count...I thought Carbon was the 10th game in the series...
i hate when i see that catch up again m8.....just i hope it isn't the SAME system as MW, just a "balanced" one at least.... :roll: :roll:
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I got no idea how to feel about this game; whether to anticipate a better game than Most Wanted or anticipate a random mish-mash or game modes.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

xturbo wrote: i hate when i see that catch up again m8.....just i hope it isn't the SAME system as MW, just a "balanced" one at least.... :roll: :roll:
Ah, yes thanks for reminding me... :P I don't know how they think this catch-up is that good of an idea. I know UG had it but it seemed toned down. My point is, in real life, if you make a mistake, your opponent won't wait for you. Yes, I know you'll all say this is not real life but hell, then don't even bother putting in real cars. There are some elements that must be realistic.

I do agree the AI should adjust to your skill level but not during a race and it cannot be so noticeable...
dawnpatrolrjl1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by dawnpatrolrjl1 »

I'm kinda bored of pursuit corvettes! :x why don't they change it to some other car? I don't know just to change a bit! :?
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

dawnpatrolrjl1 wrote:I'm kinda bored of pursuit corvettes! :x why don't they change it to some other car? I don't know just to change a bit! :?
A pursuit Charger would be nice.
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

A pursuit challenger for sargent cross would be sweet! & instead of GTO cops (as they wernt confirmed to be ingame just the vuaxhall monaro) lets have Pursuit Chrysler 300C's!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

a Pursuit 350z, Pursuit Skyline GTR or a Pursuit Mazda RX-8....COOOOOL!
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

nooo xturbo leave these cars for customization... i would hate to see 350Z cops... they are such small cars... as said, a charger cop would be nice...
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

The Lambo police in HP2 was the coolest. i hope Cross doesn't have the same car now in Carbon City. I wonder if the new porsche Targa 4 will be in the game...that's one of the coolest Porsches.

yes, I AM a porsche fan...
:D
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

did anyone notice that the charger has the " super bee vynyl on it?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

good eye there fishwhiz.. tbh i thought it was a mustang GT in the vid XD

Return to “News”