Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Wasn't the PC demo always different from its console counterparts?

Also, I'll mention this here too...don't you think the men in the Carbon universe wear communist-styled clothing? Is this a new fashion trend I'm not aware about?
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Haha! I don't need a PC demo coz im surely gonna be playing it on my xbox instead of my laptop.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:Wasn't the PC demo always different from its console counterparts?
It was, but it seems it will be the same this year.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Skyline_man wrote:I will still download it to test it on my new pc, and practice for a while before the game comes out.
sounds fair enough
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Skyline_man wrote:It was, but it seems it will be the same this year.
If it is, then there is absolutely no excuse for it being this late. If it's exactly the same, then it should have been released along the other demos. I hope you got this information from a reliable source because that's not what I heard around. Oh well, the game comes out in less than 2 weeks...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Less than a week at my point, next week is the real countdown to carbon, and like last year, i think the demo will be available friday, exactly like mw....

Oh and yes, to other countries like mines, the game has to arrive 3 or 4 days before launch...I'll try to get one ASAP ;)
Bulletboy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bulletboy »

yeah,less than 2 weeks. its payday next week then i'm off to get my xbox360 pack. about the clothes, they realy look communist-ish. has anybody seen the concept art on the new website,looks sick to me.:)
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

The soundtrack really blows this year. MW was sooooo much better with Avenged Sevenfold, Mastodon, and Bullet for my Valentine. Hard rock fits in way better than rap. Rap is just a poser making rymes about the same thing over and over and over. It is so anoying. The only track from carbon I really like is Joker and The Theif by Wolfmother.

I am, however, glad we get the LP60, that is awsome. I wonder when they will add the other cars and make it official. The cars are a lot better this year IMO. 8)
Andredew
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andredew »

i completly agree
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

well, if u have some stiff relationships @ the gaming store, you'll probably get the game faster. cuz on 1st nov it's the official release, it's that tam tam things with guests and lots of b..s..ts, afterall, there won't be an EA repr. to our each home to make the official release, or to each gaming store that sells the game ... around the ending of this month, the game must be ready for sales.

EDIT: is there a nfsunlimited repr, invited to the release?
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

A-spec wrote:The soundtrack really blows this year. MW was sooooo much better with Avenged Sevenfold, Mastodon, and Bullet for my Valentine. Hard rock fits in way better than rap. Rap is just a poser making rymes about the same thing over and over and over. It is so anoying. The only track from carbon I really like is Joker and The Theif by Wolfmother.

I am, however, glad we get the LP60, that is awsome. I wonder when they will add the other cars and make it official. The cars are a lot better this year IMO. 8)
That song is also the only one I even know rofl.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i like the bronx one....
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

TheStig wrote:Did anyone notice that on the official site the Mitsubishi Eclipse (old model) is a GSX and not a GS-T.
Could be a mistake or it really is a GSX, would be alot more logical cause the eclipse in U1 and U2 was a GSX also.
GSX FTW!!!

its odd how they added 2 murcielagos o_O
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

not odd, they just wanted more cars .. so they stretched where they could
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:I hope you got this information from a reliable source because that's not what I heard around.
I hope you are right, cause i dont want to play the same demo again, but thats what i've been told.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/theater ... creenshots
if the ps2 graphics are any worse than x-box i shall kill ea, because they looked bloody dang good in the ps2 demo.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Fishwhiz wrote:http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/theater ... creenshots
if the ps2 graphics are any worse than x-box i shall kill ea, because they looked bloody dang good in the ps2 demo.
Not good my friend. I played also the demo and there's a lot of jaggies (classic...) and the road textures are poor....also the level of resolution makes the game looks worse those jaggies on the edges of cars and the whole world detail...
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

The PS2 is outdated hardware. End of story. That's already known, and not only apparent in the NFS series. I remember the great experience GTA:SA provided on my buddy's PS2. It... moved... some...times...
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

A-spec wrote:The soundtrack really blows this year. MW was sooooo much better with Avenged Sevenfold, Mastodon, and Bullet for my Valentine. Hard rock fits in way better than rap. Rap is just a poser making rymes about the same thing over and over and over. It is so anoying. The only track from carbon I really like is Joker and The Theif by Wolfmother.
dont start me on the rap thing now :P i think rock fits racing... so its ok with me if they have all rock songs for racing... but i would like them to have rap songs when you are customizing and browsing the menus...
but yea as u said the tracks in this game suck big time... even the rap that they put sucked... i only liked one track...
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Rock and Rap suck in a racing game. We need more trance and fast-paced electronic music, like in High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed. In those games, the music theme was perfect...
HIACE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HIACE »

How can anyone compare an Xbox graphics with a playstations one. The Xbox comes with either a 256 or 512mb card-not really sure- and the PS2 with a 64mb one
Mitsubishi Rocks!!!
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

2furio wrote:need more trance and fast-paced electronic music, like in High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed. In those games, the music theme was perfect...
QFT. I'm getting tired of that rap and rock. Time for some modern electronic music.
HIACE wrote:How can anyone compare an Xbox graphics with a playstations one. The Xbox comes with either a 256 or 512mb card-not really sure- and the PS2 with a 64mb one
Memory doesn't say JACK SH*T.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Please don't make this into another console wars discussion.

I like rock. I don't mind rock music in any game. But I agree, the music in Porsche Unleashed and High Stakes was perfect for those games. Carbon would need some faster paced electronic music for races and cop chases, and then it'd be set.

Anyways, there have been some minor changes to the NFS Carbon Car List wiki.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

u noticed that now there's no video interview with lapierre? last year dozens of videos with his face, this year....nothing....
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

2furio wrote:No it's not an exotic, I made a mistake. Like previously stated, the Ford GT is an exotic...
now that doesn't make sence either, i think the Ford GT is more towards muscle
Driv2Slow

Return to “Carbon”