"Blank" control spots in options

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
bizzaro
Ricer
Ricer

"Blank" control spots in options

Post by bizzaro »

Yes i admit, ive downloaded a savegame since my old completed one firetruck up when i formatted my computer..

But the thing is, in the new savegame, all controls are "blank", i cannot see what the current action is set to. ex. Acceleration, (spot is black, cannot see what button is set to accelerate). And when i try to edit it, to my own setup, i cannot push a new key to be the acceleration button, i can only press escape to get out of it again..

Anyone have any suggestions on what i can do? or anyone who had the same kind of problems when importing a savegame? Please help me:)

Bizzaro
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

uninstall and reinstall
Driv2Slow
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

why don't u use NFS Carbon Save Editor
bizzaro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bizzaro »

The thing is, when i reload my first created savegame (just started a new career and saved it) it shows the control options perfect, and i can adjust the controls fine and set it up.. but i guess i will try to reinstall it instead.. hope it will work..

Could you tell me where i can find that save editor MrPalmont?:)
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

ok, im not MrPalmont but.... http://www.nfsunlimited.net/carbon/utils
Driv2Slow
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I would say reinstall. A saveeditor won't help here.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

i also noticed that before i formatted my system, the controller was perfect. etc. R2 is for showcase mode, button 1 is deleting vinyl layer, button 4 is adding new layer, button 2 is for accept, button 3 is for back, nad button 10 for pause during game play( i use a Logitech dual action gamepad, looks very similier to a ps2 controller). but after restailled system, all the buttons were messed up... button 10 became the "space bar" on keyboard( it was used for going directly to shopping cart when you mod your cars), and i can't even pause during game play... i don't know what had happened...

Return to “Help & Support”