no
70%

Total votes: 20

reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Is EA taking a big gamble?

Post by reputated »

as we know that there wont be any free roam, cops and traffic in the new nfs title prostreet, and as we als know that the game is being devoloped by ea sports AND NOT BY ea games (as read in a forum), do u think they are taking a big gamble here?having cops freeroam an traffic for 2 and 3 years respectively, it will be a bit of a change for gamers and as far as the developers are concerned, they have been away from nfs for quite some time so they have a big responsibility to not only make a good game but to also fill the space for improvement that carbon left(carbon was a big letdown after 3 good games in my opinion but still nice.)
WHAT DO U THINK? :wink:
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

1. ea black box is creating the game, which is ea games. there is no ea sports. that was a rumor.
2. i don't think that prostreet is a gamble. if anyone cant stand the change, its their loss. nfs was originally a closed circuit game, so they are going back to what they were known for when the games couldn't dissapoint.
Neoned
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Neoned »

My opinion matches with Fishwhiz's opinion.
So EA isnt taking a gamble in NFS:PS.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

1. EA is just moving away from the concept of those Fast and Furious type of gaming to a more real type of racing and a true racing culture and scenes.

2. EA has done a good job in changing the concepts from year to year. i.e from Exotics (old NFS), to tuners and muscles (MW, Carbon) , while still some exotics in it. From FnF type of customization focus to more performance customization focus, with still some visual customization in it (PS).

3. You build cars for racing in NFS, not for running wild on the street with no definite path.

4. Cops are so "not wanted" in legal track racing.

5. Conclusion : No big gamble from/for EA.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

No, because it's what everyone was bitching and moaning for. But then, humans are picky creatures. They're bound to booboo and moan when this one is released too.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

to me, the most that could go wrong is lots of glitches and lack of pontiac solstice.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

firetruck the Solstice. If I don't see an NSX or S2000 in the next game, I'm sending a bag of SARS to Canada.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

SARS... Y'know, that virus in China that scared the shiznit out of the world a few years back?
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

sars comes in liquid form... sarsaparilla that is yum =D
lol
my bad, bad joke that one =P

neways yes, i want the s2000 and nsx in the next game. dying to customise an nsx cos they look so hawt. also the worst that could happen with prostreet is that they release it with a stackload of bugs much like carbon did and still does i spose. as far as the direction nfs is heading it's more or less a tried and true formula and im quite happy they havent decided to make an underground 4.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

not a big gamble cause they just adding on the things that we wanted to our nfs games really just took out the cops cause they working on there new phsyics and what not and its legal racing now too.
SRStingray69
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SRStingray69 »

Seems like EA is going back to the roots of NFS. As for cars. There are a few I'd love back. The Integra (NFSU1). If ya ask me it would be nice if say EA through a poll and hmmm take the top 50 most voted or requested cars. Then that way everyone will get what they want in some way. IF you don't vote oh well too bad for you. And I 100% wish there was some old school tracks in the new one. Theres a few tracks I love from nfs3 and 4. But we all know EA and them letting the public (us racers) have a say in the game is slim to no chance at all. Theres probably a few other members here that would go for the vote on the cars/tracks. But as I said we know EA wont go for that.
Turbo King
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbo King »

Producing any game is a risk these days...
For me change is good.... :D

As long as they put some nice Japanese tuners in there with good graphics and responsive handling ill buy it!

Return to “Carbon”