NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

Post by gearhead450 »

You just wait. :wink: If history serves me well, there should be a lot more info around late August to early September... At least, I hope so. [-o<
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Ceano wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:Sorry Ceano, no Free Roam, and no cops. Just pure racing (hey, one can hope, right?)
i stick to TDU and TDU2 i think.
Why do people always say stuff like this? Give birth to a title that hasnt even been mentioned by developers yet?

Anyway, I am looking forward to this game, and will definatly buy it.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

I think everybody is buying it,cuz it”s NFS.But,I”m still waiting for juiced 2.Let”s see how much damage it will make to ProStreet.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

true. i buy any game because its nfs and i know that im going to enjoy it for a while then im also waiting for burnout paradise which looks so much more fun. then Im going to get gt5 because it is realistic w/ lots of cars and incredible graphics.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

GT5 will pwn every game made.I like even GT4 for his huge number of cars,600+.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I've had GT4 for 2-3 years (i think) ... I'm still only 35% through! :lol:
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Do u have a PS2,GT4 and a steering wheel?Or u play with the controller??

Btw,ProStreet was beaten by burnout paradise in the competition for the best E3 game.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

yes. burnout is going to pwn.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Fishwhiz wrote:true. i buy any game because its nfs and i know that im going to enjoy it for a while then im also waiting for burnout paradise which looks so much more fun. then Im going to get gt5 because it is realistic w/ lots of cars and incredible graphics.
I think you are wrong... Before buying a game you check the screenshots, videos, board discussions, etc. don't you??

What if they released a new NFS, 1990's graphics, 2 tracks (5km long and some sections belong to both of them) 3 cars (Mercedes A180, Opel Corsa and Toyota Yaris, same sounds for them all, no improvements available), then that piece of crap is called "Need for Speed 12: Simplicity edition"

Would you really buy it? Because of the "NFS" letters on its name? :shock:
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

I won't, but if you do then you are an idiot.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

SP4RCO wrote:
Fishwhiz wrote:true. i buy any game because its nfs and i know that im going to enjoy it for a while then im also waiting for burnout paradise which looks so much more fun. then Im going to get gt5 because it is realistic w/ lots of cars and incredible graphics.
I think you are wrong... Before buying a game you check the screenshots, videos, board discussions, etc. don't you??

What if they released a new NFS, 1990's graphics, 2 tracks (5km long and some sections belong to both of them) 3 cars (Mercedes A180, Opel Corsa and Toyota Yaris, same sounds for them all, no improvements available), then that piece of crap is called "Need for Speed 12: Simplicity edition"

Would you really buy it? Because of the "NFS" letters on its name? :shock:
ea is stupid, but there is a point where they don't get that retarded. the nfs series always gets more cars, improved graphics, and more tracks. that just wouldn't happen.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

@ Need for Speed 12: Simplicity edition

[sarcasm]ROFL, that would be the most awesomest nfs evar!1!111
Yaris... droooool =P~ [/sarcasm]
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

does anyone know how to access ea licencing for the cars? i remember that at the end of the autosculpt trailer for carbon there was a licencing thing shown to give us hints about the carlist.

maybe if anyone knows how to find one of those then it will give us hints about the carlist.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Well, so far the licencing doesn't say about any new cars, only cars that are shown in the trailers.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

EA promised lots of licensed cars. They'll deliver.

I hope. Autosculpt blew ass. :(
IliaRene
Ricer
Ricer

Post by IliaRene »

SP4RCO wrote: What does "arcadish" mean for you? The term arcade implies: unrealistic, easy, ridiculous.
No free roaming --> This reduces the arcade. Open, racing cities are everything except realistic. In fact racing and real streets are kind of incompatible. But separate, racing, believable tracks can be made easily. look at nfsu2 nfsmw or nfsc cities. Are them realistic? lolololololol... NO. its like a mix of curved long and wide huge avenues. You can race at 250kph. For several minutes. At every street. In a city. Oh yeah, a real life simulator!!!
No cops --> Traditionally cops are an arcade element. They are funny, but unrealistic. So this is another arcade part removed ;)
How is this too arcadish? :?
I totally agree with you except one thing...illegal street racing implies cops. I don;t think that's unrealistic except NFS PS where's legal racing :)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

True but lets face it, the whole cops thing in games is totally arcade and unrealistic. If you wanted a simulation racing game with cops, you would not be able to get away from the cops. You'd be busted within minutes.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

2furio wrote:True but lets face it, the whole cops thing in games is totally arcade and unrealistic. If you wanted a simulation racing game with cops, you would not be able to get away from the cops. You'd be busted within minutes.
Not always true, but it would be very hard. Few can escape from cops... and only at first when there is little pressure on them. If you can escape within usually a 3 minute period (before units call in backup) you could escape. But after awhile the police would put more and more heat on you and improve their response times. It is pointless and near impossible to run from police in real life. If a simulator imitates real life, the same rules apply there.

Almost any car can outrun a typical US cop, those crown victoria's can not keep up. Police still have the upper advantage, and always will. They can take you down because they have mass numbers, items like spike-strips, and often know roads better than you do.

Off-topic: Do not run from cops in real life! :roll:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Carcrazy wrote:
2furio wrote:True but lets face it, the whole cops thing in games is totally arcade and unrealistic. If you wanted a simulation racing game with cops, you would not be able to get away from the cops. You'd be busted within minutes.
Not always true, but it would be very hard. Few can escape from cops... and only at first when there is little pressure on them. If you can escape within usually a 3 minute period (before units call in backup) you could escape. But after awhile the police would put more and more heat on you and improve their response times. It is pointless and near impossible to run from police in real life. If a simulator imitates real life, the same rules apply there.

Almost any car can outrun a typical US cop, those crown victoria's can not keep up. Police still have the upper advantage, and always will. They can take you down because they have mass numbers, items like spike-strips, and often know roads better than you do.

Off-topic: Do not run from cops in real life! :roll:
Have you ever driven a police Crown Vic? They're different from the normal Crown Vics. Just tap the pedal, and all of a sudden, you're going at 80 mph.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

just seen the last 2 movies .. I don't like how the car moves, when turning, it's like the car stays in the same spot, turning like a box around the axis ... that's not the M3 engine sound, this one is waaay softer that a V8 engine. I like that there's a "time behind/in front" displayed on the HUD. Someone asked about that no. near the NOS ... those are the shots available, seems like we can't shot as much as we want, once shot it can't be stopped, like Midnight Club 2 .. The 2nd race seemed easy enough, the guy cached the pack, even with heavy damage on board ... it seems like the whole damage thing it's only visual, doesn't affect the physics too much.
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

I cant wait for the game. I think EA is going to win back some of the fans it lost in the more recent years. I will buy the game, regardless of how good it is cause I own all the titles so far, well nearly ;) It prolly won't work on my PC, but oh well, I'ma get it anyways.

I love the new smoke feature of the game, and the damage is also kewl. I am glad to see that they put in the effort to do things properly this time. The videos of EA recording the sound and getting data to revamp the physics of the cars is great, though I've seen some videos of the actual gameplay game and I have to say, the sound still sounds flat and boring (but let's hope thats just from crappy recordings ;)

Is there a video of actual drifting in the game? If the physics for drifting are anything like Carbon I'm going to cry. I understand that they cannot make it full sim like GT4 and Forza because the game needs to be "drivable" for people of all gaming levels, but I hope that I will be able to have a better feel for the car this time round. Love the inclusion of a propper drag strip too!!! WICKED! :D Dang, now I have to wait till early November, thats gonna suck :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

sound recordings?! jee .. that sux, check m3's engine sound, then listen the sound of the M3 in the game .. shnizit!
TheMasochisr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TheMasochisr »

danyutz wrote:sound recordings?! jee .. that sux, check m3's engine sound, then listen the sound of the M3 in the game .. shnizit!
What do you mean do you mean it's awesome or it's bad.
and have you considered it (the m3) being heavily tuned?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

BAD dood ... and I don't think it's heavily tuned .. even so .. the V8 sound barely changes the sound, even under heavy tune .. they cracked it with the Skyline .. they can crack it again
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Compete at the highest level of street racing with Need for Speedâ„¢ ProStreet. It's no longer good enough to simply rule your local neighbourhood you need to dominate on a global stage. Build the ultimate battle machine, take it to multi-disciplinary showdowns and pit your skills and reputation against the world's best street racers. This is your chance to prove that you have what it takes to be crowned the next street king.

Need for Speed ProStreet is your ultimate taste of the chaos and unbridled adrenaline of street racing. Pushing yourself and your car to the edge can lead to mistakes and this time those mistakes have consequences. Think swirling fields of debris, shredded fiberglass and heinously twisted metal. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle.

Compete on some of the world's most iconic racing locations - Tokyo's Shuto Expressway, the Autobahn and the Nevada desert. The atmosphere is electric - complete with energetic crowds, photo-realistic cars and billowing smoke - all designed to embody the pressure and intensity of the gladiatorial challenge known as Show Down. Need for Speed ProStreet is the realisation of the raw power, visceral aggression and intense rivalry that embodies street racing culture.

Key features
Real, Adrenaline-Fueled Racing

Experience the raw power of steet racing with a brand new physics engine and feel the fire of competition with an intuitively refined AI engine that smartly delivers on real driving behaviours.

Dominate Across All Racing Disciplines

Becoming the Street King isn't about winning one single event. You need to prove yourself in four distinct styles of racing. Unleash the power of the beast in a reinvented Drag mode. Master the art of control with Tandem drift, and experience the intensity and rivalry of elite competition with Grip Racing. Completely new to the game is Speed Challenge, an ultimate test of speed and control.

Ride the Edge of Disaster

Street racing is violent and mistakes have consequences. Cars can be torn apart using truly advanced and comprehensive damage capturing technology. Witness cars colliding, metal denting, and debris billowing. To further amplify the realism, crash repercussions such as smoke, dirt spray and dust clouds can affect all racers on the track.

Redefining Competitive Social Play

Packed with ingenious features that will amp the spirit of competition and create for the ultimate showdown between you and your friends. The rules have drastically changed making for a more intense and aggressive online arena.

Performance Drives Results

Your machine doesn't have to look like much - as long as there are secrets underneath that hood. For the first time ever, see the impact of the Autosculpt technology on performance - all in real time. Sculpt your cars inside a wind tunnel and choose from hundreds of real-world, aftermarket parts to build your ultimate battle machine.

Performance Drives Results

Your machine doesn't have to look like much - as long as there are secrets underneath that hood. For the first time ever, see the impact of the Autosculpt technology on performance - all in real time. Sculpt your cars inside a wind tunnel and choose from hundreds of real-world, aftermarket parts to build your ultimate battle machine.

Share your Tuning Capabilities with the World

Once you've designed it share it. The all new Blueprints feature allows you to upload your visual and performance customization settings online. Once downloaded, you'll be credited each time your design is used to dominates in a race.

Photo Real Cars and Worlds

Boasts cars that exude power, menace and raw energy with their look and sound along with the most realistic smoke ever seen in a racing game. Authentic and relevant real world track locations and the best street drives from around the globe combine to create the most stunning racing environments ever.
Not sure if this is new or old, just found it on EA's website. The nfsunlimited.net wiki have been updated with these infos and tracks.

Return to “ProStreet”