Need For Speed Undercover

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Need For Speed Undercover

Post by Porsche-AG »

Has anyone else thought that splitting the NFS team into 2 is actually one of the most pointless things EA has done? Sure, they get twice as much time to finish each game, but they only have half the brains for each team now. It might actually be worse because you get fewer perspectives, meaning that each group will not have as many considerations for ideas; and having fewer pespectives means a smaller chance of a decent idea popping up.

EA ForThePhail. They either hype us up and give us crap or give us too much of something we asked for (MW in this case), which turns into a nice pile of old, mouldy, steaming feces.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

vZv wrote:2 Andre_online
So, I'm not that good at english so sorry for question you have already answered, does graphics look any better than PoorStreet's ??
From what I've played, it's very similar to ProStreet, although I can't really compare it hands on. But, I can tell you that the ProStreet's Xbox demo I played last year has MUCH better graphics as compared to Undercover. It doesn't lag as much, and there weren't missing elements on the road.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

so pretty much ea screwed up again?

why do i ever waste my money on nfs anymore?
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Fishwhiz wrote:so pretty much ea screwed up again?

why do i ever waste my money on nfs anymore?
No dude. we played maybe the earliest version of playables. so its still under development.. they didnt screw up believe me.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well it comes out in 2 months. how much can they make it better in less than 2 months?
kevie
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kevie »

now saturday(27-09) i am going to play undercover on firstlook game event :D i don't have any expectations of it so i wont be dissapointed :wink:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Fishwhiz wrote:well it comes out in 2 months. how much can they make it better in less than 2 months?
That demo may be a 3 months old, so you wont know how much it has improved untill you play the final game.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I don't know man.. But as far as I know, the reason why a demo was released in the first place was to let people get a feel of what the actual game would be like. Sorta like a teaser of what's to come..

Demos which have been released - especially Xbox - are usually finalised and will no longer be tweaked.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Yes, but that's on things like Xbox Live, not a semi-restricted demo at an EA convention.

Well granted it wasn't their convention, but you catch my point. :wink:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I'm impressed. Carcrazy is right (for the most part) about something. :P
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

What cars do you expect to see making a comeback in NFS UC.

This is NOT a wishlist, but something I expect to see again in the latest NFS, judging by how many times it been in a prev NFS and how popular it was: (confirmed or seen in pics not shown)

Asia:
- Honda Civic SI '07
- Mazda RX7
- Mazda RX8
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX
- Nissan 240 SX (S13) (might have been seen in pics)
- Nissan 350Z
- Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
- Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86)
- Toyota Supra

USA:
- Chevrolet Camaro SS '67
- Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06
- Dodge Charger R/T
- Dodge Charger SRT8 '06
- Dodge Viper SRT10
- Ford Mustang GT500 (new and old)
- Ford GT
- Pontiac GTO
- Pontiac Solstice GXP

Europe:
- Aston Martin DB9
- Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '08
- Bugatti Veyron (I think EA paid alot of money for the license and I doubt it was just for 1 game)
- BMW M3 E46 (GTR)
- BMW M3 E92 coupe
- Koenigsegg CCX
- Mercedes SL65 AMG
- Lamborghini Murciélago LP640
- Lotus Elise (still the non existing hardtop version.... wich should have been a Exige all along)
- Pagani Zonda F
- Porsche Carrera GT
- Porsche Cayman S
- Volkswagen Golf (R32 or GTI or both)

Just a guess of couse but knowing EA they will recycle alot of cars (as they did in previous nfs games)

I would love to see some of the cars that haven't been back or only been back once like:

- BMW M5 E39 (NFS HS and HP2)
- Fiat Grande Punto (NFS MW)
- Honda Civic SI coupe '00 (NFS U and U2)
- Hyundai Tiburon GT '03 (NFS U and U2)
- Lamborghini Diablo SV (NFS HS )
- Mazda MX5 (NFS U and U2)
- Mercedes CLK GTR (NFS HS and HP2)
- Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (NFS U and U2)
- Peugeot 206 ( NFS U and U2)
- Toyota Celica GTS (NFS U and U2)
- Toyota MR2 (only been in Carbon as bonus car)
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Speedhunters, which I found by visiting needforspeed.com, has quickly become one of my favorite daily visits due to their great automotive photography. Anyway, they have an exclusive on Porsche GT2 concept art featuring body kits. There's also a few pictures of what a kit looks like in game. Pretty sure they're new (pictures of the GT2 possible hero car).

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/09 ... r-car.aspx
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Updated system requirements:

OS: Windows XP and VISTA with latest service pack installed
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at 2.8GHz or higher (3.0GHz if running Windows Vista)
RAM: 1GB RAM
Graphics: Geforce 6500, Radeon 9500 or better DirectX compliant video card with Pixel shader 2.0 or above (AGP and PCIe only)
DirectX: DirectX Nov 2007 edition (included)
HDD: est. 5.5 GB free disk space or more
DVD-Drive: 8x
Multiplayer: To play online a network card is required for broadband connectivity
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

What the, 3 freaking GHz? This is the exact reason why I'd be getting it on PS3....
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

3GHz on a P4 is slow..
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

2furio wrote:Updated system requirements:

OS: Windows XP and VISTA with latest service pack installed
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at 2.8GHz or higher (3.0GHz if running Windows Vista)
RAM: 1GB RAM
Graphics: Geforce 6500, Radeon 9500 or better DirectX compliant video card with Pixel shader 2.0 or above (AGP and PCIe only)
DirectX: DirectX Nov 2007 edition (included)
HDD: est. 5.5 GB free disk space or more
DVD-Drive: 8x
Multiplayer: To play online a network card is required for broadband connectivity
W00t I can make it in! I'm worried about "DirectX Nov 2007" but other than that, w00t!
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

I'm no good with computers, so if you've got a Intell Centrino 2 proccesor, do you still need to have a 3ghz processor? Or is it a lower spec?

Because I've got everything else (4g RAM rocks!)besides the graphics card, I'm wondering which graphic card would be the best. I've got this piece of crap Asus card, which can't handle anything around COD4 (it won't load up).
oh snap
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Striker94 wrote:I'm no good with computers, so if you've got a Intell Centrino 2 proccesor, do you still need to have a 3ghz processor? Or is it a lower spec?

Because I've got everything else (4g RAM rocks!)besides the graphics card, I'm wondering which graphic card would be the best. I've got this piece of crap Asus card, which can't handle anything around COD4 (it won't load up).
"Centrino" isn't specific enough. There are many processors under the "Centrino" name. If it's a Pentium M or Intel Core (two processors Wikipedia commonly says people mistakenly call "Centrinos") then you don't have enough power, guaranteed (unless you've got Core 2, then you might have a chance). Any other processor in the "Centrino" processor/motherboard family is probably not enough either, but I'm not sure how powerful they go up to. Try the ProStreet demo, that should be a good indicator.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Police Chase Gameplay Video:
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21501
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

No damage model please! They can leave it for the traffic and police cars, but I don't want to drive around in a scrap!
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

fasttasf wrote:No damage model please! They can leave it for the traffic and police cars, but I don't want to drive around in a scrap!
What rock have you been living under? A damage model was one of the first things revealed about Undercover. Besides, you can always turn it off like you did in ProStreet.
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

prince1142003 wrote:
fasttasf wrote:No damage model please! They can leave it for the traffic and police cars, but I don't want to drive around in a scrap!
What rock have you been living under? A damage model was one of the first things revealed about Undercover. Besides, you can always turn it off like you did in ProStreet.
Can it be turned off in prostreet? I didn't even know that, tells you how much I played the game. You know what would be the perfect nfs game for me? TDU 2 with Undercover cars, sound effects (engine note) and storyline embedded. There's room for improvement in online play for Undercover too.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

RedCarDriver wrote:
Striker94 wrote:I'm no good with computers, so if you've got a Intell Centrino 2 proccesor, do you still need to have a 3ghz processor? Or is it a lower spec?

"Centrino" isn't specific enough. There are many processors under the "Centrino" name. If it's a Pentium M or Intel Core (two processors Wikipedia commonly says people mistakenly call "Centrinos") then you don't have enough power, guaranteed (unless you've got Core 2, then you might have a chance). Any other processor in the "Centrino" processor/motherboard family is probably not enough either, but I'm not sure how powerful they go up to. Try the ProStreet demo, that should be a good indicator.
Okay, I've got a Core 2 Duo on my desktop computer (2.2ghz, 4gb RAM), is that enough? Because I've only ever seen 2 computers (unmodified) that have a Core 2 Duo with more than 2.8 ghz.

My laptop has the new Centrino 2 processor (Core 2 Duo also)

Anyway, moving on, I'd like to see more crumple areas than was used in Prostreet, like the actual chassis completely disentegrating into a massive fireball :D
oh snap
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

3 GHz single core or better. Any dual core that runs at more than 1.8 GHz will be comparable.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Ah, OK. Now that's a relief. :)

Return to “Undercover”