Made saves 4 starting career mode with ANY CAR at LEVEL 3

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
meaculpa
Stock
Stock

Made saves 4 starting career mode with ANY CAR at LEVEL 3

Post by meaculpa »

Okay, seeing that I couldn't find what I was looking for, I had to sit with Hex Workshop and glared at my screen until my eyes bleed. Well, okay maybe not that long :)

Anyhow, I have succesfully compiled savegames (one for each car, excluding the 3 vans though) pack that allows you to start the career mode with ANY CAR at LEVEL 3 performance and visual with 999,999,999 bank.

This is like the 3 availible Haruyuki posts, but this is all in one for all cars.

http://www.digitalmotion.co.za/meaculpa ... deluxe.rar

Enjoy!
And please PM or Reply if you find any bugs.

NEW!!!

I have made the non-deluxe carpack, it's like the above, except the following
1. 0 Bank
2. No Performance enhancements
3. No Visual Enhancements
4. Nothing is unlocked or modified
5. Un-Modified Car (Stock)

So what this does is start you off with any car of your choice, stock standard. To get better parts you must start completing the career mode to unlock everything.

http://www.digitalmotion.co.za/meaculpanfsu2carpack.rar
Attachments
meaculpanfsu2carpack.rar
Start the career mode with any stock car of your choice.
(16.35 KiB) Downloaded 676 times
meaculpanfsu2carpackdeluxe.rar
Mea Culpa NFSU2 Deluxe Car Pack for Career mode
(18.26 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
Last edited by meaculpa on 18 Dec 2004, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

nice job man. did you do it by your self?
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

hey can u make a game where u start with a normal car STOCK with nothign unlocked... cause i dont wanna start with a fully tuned skyline, for instance make a car that has no upgrades, etc.
meaculpa
Stock
Stock

Post by meaculpa »

ta exonn

Did I do it by myself? Yes and No.

I took Haruyuki's 3 postings and started comparing the savegame's differences line by line with help from hexx workshop's compare tool... Once I got all the blocks listed that differs from the other which makes them different, I then took my own completed Career save and started transfering blocks of hex accross by simple copy and paste.

With about 20 restarts of nfsu2, I could now see what the different blocks did inside the game and all I did then, was took my Original Career save, went to the Car Shop, and started buying (trading in) each car. I would buy a car, alt-tab and copy the savegame file to another name, like civic and then alt-tab, get a different car, repeat process. After which I took Haruyuki's skyline save duplicated it as a template, and replaced the skyline hex blocks with each of the different cars from my career saves for each car... so basically I did went and figured out how Haruyuki did it, but completed the job with the rest of the cars :)

EmptyWords
I'll see what I can do, I think that's not a bad idea, maybe make a pack that has all the cars but nothing else, no visual or performance, so that you must unlock like you would have, and no 999,999,999 bank

cauz the one thing these saves do, is kind of ruin the games progressive play...

Check back in a day or two, will see what I can do.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

yeah, cause theres no real point of starting a game with lvl 3 everything, defeats the whole purpose of playing career
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

though it may make the storyline a bit more credible. i might play through it once more with a fully modded car.
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

finished the game and feel bored ?
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

ooppss sorry, mistakenly pressing the ALT + S as in icq to send message, instead of that i submit reply in this forum.

finish the game and feel bored ?

get yourself a Hex Editor and edit your savegame to get all unique performance parts. Car 1 data started at offset 22625

refer to the picture......

*the green box is all the car1 data, this does not includes the unlocked items or owned items throughout the race. Here is where car's colour, body parts, body parts colour and all the cosmetics for your car you can think of.

*the red box(all the 0,1,0,0,1,...) is the perfromance parts data. this includes unique perfromance.( the example picture is a full unique perfromance + all level 3) the code below (edited for more easy copy) :

*remember all in 1 string everything connected together when paste into your save file.

i believe that the data below the green box and the all the 64 is the unlocked and owned items in the garage. then you will see a patern of the storage for car 2, car 3...similiar to this format.

i hope that someone can correct me and tell us the secret behind all these wierd codes in more detail.
Attachments
HexEditGuide.jpg
(152.78 KiB) Downloaded 11968 times
Last edited by MarlboroMan on 18 Dec 2004, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.
Bofa_X
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bofa_X »

Good job, we've been working on these over at gamefaqs as well.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=17919253

Check out the last few pages of that post.

Which version (US or EU) are you using? You're hex doesn't look the same as mine. I'm using the US version BTW.
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

Bofa_X.....
i think i am using the american version. option of civic chassis code EM01 at the start. it is Mr. Sean Ballensky that teach me that the code started at offset 22625 and some little basic guides, special thanks to him so that i can manipulate my own editing. :P

PM me if you need Sean's e-mail add, and if you are free please share the way of cracking the save file. I hope that we can share and discuss the way of editing with other NFSU2 players.

* I am sorry that if anyone of you hated me for cracking the game for the imposibble to get all uniques. But there are someone the willing to have full uniques as a perfect ride.
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

Bofa_X
That link dosn´t work...

MarlboroMan
I think this is for career only...
what about quick race?
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

you still be able to use career car during quick race, when choosing the cars for quick race, noticed that there is a small button on the top right hand corner that allows you switch from "all cars", "career" and so on...

i think that it can be done with the same method that i mentioned, because when i scroll down the Hex code i still can see hell alot empty spaces for storing cars, just the car data is located somewhere in similar format in the samegame.

i pay no responsible if you spoiled your savegame during/after cracking the savegame. :roll:

and i dun encourage playing all uniques cars online with other honest players. For the sake of them, imagine that someone on PC or other platform (Gamecube, PS, etc.) finished the game happily and heartbroken when get smoked by all uniques cars ......

Bofa_X link does works, why not ? it mentioned our mighty Haruyuki thats making a car editing tools that will launch in sometime soon, hooray !! Pray to Haru.
WraparoundWW
Ricer
Ricer

Post by WraparoundWW »

Great work meaculpa!!!! Just installed it and played the game. Works great!!!

Next I'm going to install just the car pack and not the deluxe mod. I like being able to start the game off with any car, just not with all the enhancement already installed on the car.

No bugs to report either.

PS: For users with Win98, the directory to install it on is X:>Windows\Local Settings\Application Data\Need for Speed Underground 2
edu17
Ricer
Ricer

Post by edu17 »

Hmmm.. It doesn't seem to work for me.

I have the European version, and run win2000. When I start the game, I get the profile list with all the savegames, but when I select one I get "Unable to load".

I downloaded and installed one of those savegames in the utils-section( Made by Hyku, Haku...something), and that worked fine..

Any ideas?
WraparoundWW
Ricer
Ricer

Post by WraparoundWW »

If all the cars come up in the load profile section it should work. Try selecting one that is both in the euro version and US version. (ie. Sklyline, Celica, Subura)
edu17
Ricer
Ricer

Post by edu17 »

Nope, none of them work.

What version do you have?
WraparoundWW
Ricer
Ricer

Post by WraparoundWW »

US version
meaculpa
Stock
Stock

Post by meaculpa »

Glad to see this is found usefull :)

edu17

Interesting, I use the 1.1 patch, my game is North American version... if you still use 1.0, download the patch from EA's ftp to see if it fixes anything?

The links to all the versions and languages...

United Kingdom (English)
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/U ... V1-1UK.exe
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/U ... V1-1UK.RTP

United States (English)
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/U ... V1-1US.EXE
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/U ... V1-1US.RTP

Spanish
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/S ... v1-1SP.exe
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/S ... V1-1SP.RTP

Italian
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/I ... v1-1IT.exe
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/I ... V1-1IT.RTP

German
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/G ... v1-1GE.exe
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/G ... V1-1GE.RTP

French
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/F ... v1-1FR.exe
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfsu2/F ... V1-1FR.RTP

Please report your findings, so I can find a possible remedy, thanks.

Otherwise if it still doesn't work, the US and European saves differ. If so can someone possibly help me find a way around this problem?
edu17
Ricer
Ricer

Post by edu17 »

I've patched my game already, so that's not the answer I'm afraid..
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

is there a way I can use it with my own name???

cause I Like to race with my own name... instead of yours...

btw nice work
RockPort-
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RockPort- »

Yea stig, i kind of agree all though its quite good anyway
Bofa_X
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bofa_X »

Not sure why the link didn't work, we'll try this again.

CLICK ME

The link is working for me but maybe it's because I'm logged into the site. If nothing else, go to the gamefaqs NFSU2 message board and you'll see it.

As for changing your name, there is a post on these boards about it.

CLICK ME for Profile name edit

BTW, for my edits I'm using the 1.1 patch US version. For those of you not getting them to work are you sure about the process you're using to put them into the game? What and How exactly are you trying to go about using these?

Profile names above 7 characters crap out (that includes the folder name as well such as "Evolution"). I noticed the profile name for these is "MeaCulpa". That may cause an issue as it was brought up in a previous post (the one above). Not sure if the "MeaCulpa" worked for you but I tried with an eight character name and mine died.

Dunno, if you're still having problems try changing the profile name and go from there.

Bofa
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

thats a nice tool you have Bofa_X, a profilename edit tool, cool.

Bofa_X, you did mentioned that my Hex is different, you crack from the memory ? I crack mine in the savegame.

The Stig, Hex editing the parts in the tips i given wont change the profile name too, but seems like Bofa_X give a better solution, the profile name edit tool.
Bofa_X
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bofa_X »

Not so much a tool as a work-around, it's just winhex. Yeah it looks like the hex at the end of the car description is different, I'll throw up a screenshot shortly. I'm also going straight out of the game save. If you're in a hex editor, just scroll down to the bottom... you'll see the name (just don't forget to backfill "." with "00". )

Anywhoo, just thought I'd link ya to the ones I threw together. Still need to work out the first 5 fully done but aside from that, they are all there. This way the people that could not get them to load may try these and see if the same problem comes up.

The good stuff:

Click me!!

Bofa

EDIT: About the hex, it's not different just looked funny at first glance.The output looks different... The screenshots explain it better. Ignore the hack paint graphics here... it was just something quick ;)

Guess our character sets are different or something, who knows as long as it works right? What editor are you using BTW?
Attachments
winhex2.PNG
(108.64 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
hexeditguide.jpg
(132.69 KiB) Downloaded 10306 times
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

is there no way you can get the cars in the carlot... or all parts for sale?? cause that would me the game alot more interesting.... IMO

same goes for the Corsa and the 106.... I would have like to see them as cars you could buy(trade/get) in the carlot... would be nice to choose from ALL cars in the LOT at start...

but he I'm not a codecracker... nor am I a wizkid at any of this...

I'm just a Admin

Return to “Underground 2”