Hate!

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Hate!

Post by Dagon »

On my "as close to perfect as possible" game, I've decided to purposefully get every single opponent car's pinkslip as I go to end up with 15 'unique' vinyled cars. But the problem is, Big Lou seems to be really intent on holding onto his damn pinkslip!

I've raced him 10 times now (no small feat considering how damn long his crappy circuits are) and every time I've missed the pinkslip. HateHateHate. Does anyone have a trainer that forces one of the 3 'bonus' tags to automatically cough up a pinkslip instead of a crappy 10,000 bonus prize or useless get out of jail free key which I'll never use anyway?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Dude, it's all about luck. No luck, no Pink Slip. I've managed to snag up 11 out of the 14 Blacklist members' cars, including Lou's Eclipse GT. I sold half of them due to financial problems... Here's what I won: Supra, RX-8, Eclipse, Cayman, EVO VIII, Mustang, CLK500, Gallardo, Corvette C6, DB9 and SLR McLaren.

Here's a tip that you might wanna try: Always open the middle one first; their Pink Slips mostly are hidden in there. It's an 80% chance. If there isn't, move on to either the left or right, it's up to you. But always, always open the middle marker first. :)
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

l got Lou's ugly Eclipse, but l sold it. Most pink slips l got was from the Right marker.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It is completely random, I got all cars but think I only kept like 4 orso. (did restart some races, but have to say that Big Lou's races are easy they are not super long and not really hard he keeps his distance if you drive well. other BL racers are a bigger problem, to be honest I had most of the troubles with Izzy and Kaze (sprint 1)
the Pinks are all about good luck. but in general they are not the best option to choose. :wink:
Last edited by TheStig on 24 Dec 2005, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Andre_online wrote:Here's a tip that you might wanna try: Always open the middle one first; their Pink Slips mostly are hidden in there. It's an 80% chance. If there isn't, move on to either the left or right, it's up to you. But always, always open the middle marker first. :)
You said it was all about luck. :roll:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Yea, it really is all about luck. My luck seems to happen simultaneously after beating every Blacklist members, one at a time. I won 11 cars... The most that I've gotten. :P
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Wow dagon that totaly sucks... Keep trying... :) Eventually you will get it later...
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

I got Big Lou's Eclipse first time :lol:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i used to not go for pink slips. but now i know the value of them. i only won barons cayman and mings gallardo.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

It's nice to get pinkslips of the really expensive cars, it save's alot of money. I got my gallardo and viper this way. And some others offcourse, i think i have 9 of the blacklistcars.
MrRoboto
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrRoboto »

First I want to say that I haven't confirmed this. I only read it somewhere.

I read somewhere that it isn't exactly at random, that the pinkslip marker is never in the same place as the one before. Knowing that and having the ability to select two markers, you can always pick the pinkslip.

Example just an example:
You beat #15 and have a choice of two markers. You select the first two unknowns and didn't get the pinkslip, which means that the pinkslip is in the third unknown marker:
(X-X-P)

Then you beat #14 and have a choice of two markers. Since the pinkslip was in the third marker the last time, that would mean that the pinkslip would be in one of the first two unknown markers this time. Select both 1 and 2, and one of them will contain the pinkslip.
(X-P-X) or (P-X-X)

So long as you remember which unknown marker from the previous selection contained the pinkslip, you will know which two to choose.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

^^ There was a solution already about the pattern of the unknown markers. It's still not working for most of us. The markers are always a random position.

I've haad 2 Pink Slip Markers hidden in the second marker for 3 straight Blacklist racers.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I tested the marker system for all member and restarted races just to see what changes... and it changes all the time.

the only things that do not change are the things you get when you choose a performance marker or a bodystyling marker. they are always the same parts so if BL 14 gives you a free hood next time it will be the same.
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

Yey - now got all 14 blacklist cars and unique performance parts (razors' don't count since you have no option to choose tokens) and due to the wonders of "finishing the game", I have all unique-option visuals and appearances and so on without having to get a token at all.

Return to “Most Wanted”