OMG, this is rare- A PS2 bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

OMG, this is rare- A PS2 bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one

Post by Fishwhiz »

ok, ive been having a problem on my ps2, where i start a race and nothing shows up but the cars and the world around you. there is no 3,2,1 go thing, so i cant go until it happens, but it doesnt, so i wait and wait, and then the game freezes.
well, there are 2 possible solutions, except i dont know if its happening to anyone else or not.
1. the disk is kind of scratched up, and the disk holder on the consle is dusty
2. i am not placing the consel the right way, i am laying it horizontally instead of vertically, except it worked until now, now i am placing it vertically and see if it makes a difference, and i will take the disk over to my friens house who has a scratch remover, so if it doesnt work after that, then i will edit here again.

BTW, i got a brand new memory card.

EDIT: NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! the disk is screwed, im getting the pc version.
Last edited by Fishwhiz on 03 Apr 2006, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

PS2s get really dirty. I bet it runs much better if you get it cleaned. Changing the orientation after a long time will dislodge a bunch of dirt and crap too.

There are tutorials around the net on how to clean it yourself, if you're out of warranty, too cheap to fork out the readies and are prepared to deal with a fuxxored console if you mess it up.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, i dusted it out and i put in a position so it wont get as dirty, the disk isnt scratched, its just smuged. ill see if it works now.

EDIT: the bug is still there, but the rest of my games work. its definetly the disk scratches. :evil:

Return to “Help & Support”