- Your Idea of an Ideal Need For Speed Game? -

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: - Your Idea of an Ideal Need For Speed Game? -

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

First off, if you're going to have exotics in the next game, take the time like Polyphony Digital and the like and license ACTUAL TUNERS for your bodykits rather than absolute pieces of crap. I want to see IMSA, Edo Performance, Hamann, etc.

Also, there should be actual licensed road-ready tuner cars even as extras or as "boss levels". Eg. Blitz Dunlop ER34, Mine's BNR34 and Evo VI, Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, Top Secret 1000hp Skyline and the like.

DO NOT base it on street racing again. I feel they should take a leaf out of Race Driver: GRID and keep it legal, but with PROPER race-ready machines...

TUNING (IMPORTANT), I want to see something actually occur when I stiffen the springs, correct info is a MUST (ProStreet got the brake bias completely wrong/mixed up, along with apparently, the tyre pressure).

Implement the Variable Centre Differential. That'll make the 4WDs kick-@$$ drifters, and make the drifting scene a whole lot more interesting. How do you think the aforementioned Blitz Skyline manages to drift? Just because it's 4WD doesn't mean it won't drift.

Endurance should be a MUCH larger part of circuit racing, what with most races nowadays doing at least 10-20 laps.

Eliminate the wheelie competition, or have the option of a functional wheelie bar on 1/4 mile drag cars. And the tyres on drag cars should be proper tyre standards, in other words, high profile and wide as anything, along with more grip.

If you're going to have different performance brands, make it so that different brands makes some sort of difference, or have differing parts from the same manufacturer that deliver differing performance.

END RANT.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Imo NFS MW and PS are fun. And carbon was a failure. U2 is fun.
What I'd like would be something like PS, just more realistic, less stupid (wheelie challenge). It should still be fast. And it should be more polished, no bugs (can't expect it after C and PS)
Tuning: tuners (imports from Asia excluding supercars like Nissan GT-R) should be more tunable, while supercars less.
All I want to tune in a supercar is:
-rims
-body kits (just allow autosculpting the stock one and the body kit of the race version of the car I'm tuning, no other body kits)
-roll cage
-colors
-sometimes spoiler
-AND ADD ALL THE REAL PARTS OF THE RACE VERSION OF THE CAR
scorchex
Ricer
Ricer

Post by scorchex »

my idea of the perfect need for speed game is:
-freeroam/cruzin'
-betting/gambling
- Realistic Traffic! (Realtime Updates on bumper to bumper traffic, through a SMS) I mean come on, im driving through Bayview (Underground 2) and this place is like a ghost town? Anyways.
- Radio, with channels. (Such as that in the GTA series)
- Neons glow through mesh.
- NO Flames exiting when NOS is executed. (Unrealistic. A cars exhaust will only spit flames when the engine is running very rich, and like i said it only spits, not like a flamethrower
-flamethrower kits =D>
-the three damage things in Prostreet
-at least 4 cities (sorta like midnightclub3 remix [except the maps are 2 as big]
-bosses[track and road]
-you can race on the street or go to a track to race {street is lawless, but track has rules}
-front skirt, spoilers, ect. and body kits (not just body kits) [autosculpt!]
-at least 30 different parts in each body catagory!
-perfomance parts dont come in stages you just buy them and some are better for the drivers style [so the driver actually has to sit down and see the stats the engine has for their style instead of going straight to best one]
-damage[to add the realism]
-photorealism
-lots of bootylicious babes to look at =D>
-30hr gameplay
-at least 300 cars[tuners, street legal ,non street legal{for track races only, eh}, muscle cars, exotics, bikes?, SUV's? and hatchbacks and normal cars{e.g. toyota camry)?.
-cops
-you can go up curbs instead of crashing into them!
-jumps/ramps
-teams{including your own}
racing types:
-speed challenge
-drag [yes inc. wheelie comp]
-sprint
-circuit
-drift
-showcase?

spam can:
-demolition derby
-stunt comps
In life go as fast as you can, cut corners and cheat, if you crash and burn too bad!
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Honestly, IMO, if they combined the better aspects (eg. customization, parts etc.) with the cars, tracks, physics tec. of GT5, the world of GTA San Andreas, realistic traffic (again San Andreas) and added customization, a drift engine plus a few more tuning options, that would be the most awesome game ever.
oh snap
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

my idea

much cars
exotics
muscle
ver much tuners

Free roam Big map
Better AI
Day and night time shift
Street racing,Meetings on the streets
and legal track racing like in pro street

as for tuning
just like koenigsegg says when i stiffen suspension something need to change
Dyno i want to dicide what pressure my turbo is running or something like that, just more options
Body tuning mm more realistic body kits(quit the crappy bodykits EA)
Tuning like in underground where u can change rear lights and some stuff like that

Damage is not needed in my opinion but it is fun when u acctualy pay for ur bumper u just wrecked
Police yes if u dont like police then u go more to legal event if u like it then combine both legal and illegal races

Bit fnf style im not saying the movie is great but it did combine illegal street racing and legal track and drag racing love that

It needs track racing,
maby speed(redo the speed),
drift for sure,
Drag like prostreet and lose the wheelie shiznit i mean does an rx-7 do wheelies? nah don't think so, maby the muscle cars pulls some wheelies but no longer than 20 meter,
Illegal drag races

phote mode and being able to look something back jsut like in GTA
and the idea radio channels is good i like that but only radio in free roam

i probaly forgot something but i will add it later :wink:
(english aint that good btw)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:How do you think the aforementioned Blitz Skyline manages to drift?
It's RWD.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yes but HOW is it RWD? it's converted. Simple as that.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

@koenigsegg-about the endurance thing, may I ask how many people want to spend 10-20 minutes for every single race they do? Sure, it's a lot more realistic, but remember, the whole point of a game is to entertain, not always to pretend that everything is real.

Besides, I have a sneaking suspicion that EA didn't want to make the game pure sim because a) it isn't as FUN (for me anyway) b) It's really hard to get it right the first time, and NFS has never ventured into fully legal, realistic racing and c) if they did, they would get their ass kicked by GT5 and Forza 2.
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Perhaps ask Gran Turismo and you'll find your answer...
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Lets try maintain the topic at hand people. :P
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Yeah, true, not a lot of people really wanna sit there for a good 10 minutes and just race one track...

and not a lot of you guys must be PC gamers, cause whoo, man those things you guys want would require a powerful PC lol, unless it's a super optimized game lol
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Yep, in my opinion, an average race on a game should go for about 5 minutes. This way, you have an everchanging environment, not just one track 20 times over, and then another one 20 times over. It gets a tad boring.

As I said before, yes, long races are more realistic, but not as entertaining (for most people). Prostreet failed in both aspects because a) most races went for about 2 minutes with the exception of speed challenges, which were another failure b) they had nowhere near enough tracks to justify the number of races, c) they claimed they had a lot of tracks, but in reality they only had a few, and just changed or addded a corner or two.

An ideal thing to do is to actaully visit several (as in about 20)real-life race curcuits, plus a couple of drift curcuits and drag strips, take a LOT of photos, and render it all in the Corel graphics software. BUT no, they have a lot better software than that, which means they can produes stunning 3d graphics from hi-res photos. BUT THEY DON'T. WHY???
oh snap
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

EA just needs to stop introducing bad ideas like they're revolutionary. (Autosculpt, WOW!) I'll say I agree with the first post.And they need to finish their games properly instead of putting an incomplete game on the market that runs like shiznit. Strange graphic glitches like floating cars, wheels going through the fenders, shiznit lights, etc.. Really needs to be fixed so it won't look like a darn budget game anymore.
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Yes but HOW is it RWD? it's converted. Simple as that.
If the D1 Blitz Skyline is a modified ER34, then no. They are RWD from factory.
Orangelistic
Stock
Stock

Post by Orangelistic »

I think the ideal NFS game would be:

Free roam similar to GTA, although there wouldn't be killing.
There would be pedestrians you could talk to, and then racing gang members you could compete with and plan a race.
Day/Night sequences
Weather (sunny, raining, cloudy, snowing)
Weather would affect your handling (raining and snowing would be slipperier)
There would be seasons (Years go by fast, though)
Manufacturer auto parts (Not the fake crap from the older NFS games)
Real world locations. You can fly to a big city in the world (Tokyo, NYC, Las Vegas, Paris, etc...) and bring your car with you.
A wide selection of cars.
Motorbikes.
Missions would have you beat a certain guy every 5 or 6 general races. There would be many bosses. The crews are all over the world.
Races could be street races or track races.
I'm all out of ideas
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

I like all your ideas, i agree to all of them. My idea would be real life time i know that sounds stupid but yeah, if its 6:00 pm in real life like sun is going down, it should be the same in the game, the game time should sync the time like in windows. For console, the same sync with the 360 or ps3 systems time for that. I think it would make it more realistic for example night racing.

Some more:
100+ or more vinyl on car
more decals, there missing some companies or some people like the full verson of the decal like toyo tires instad of toyo
more cars
more wheels
no graphical problems
better steering wheel support
interior view would be nice
drifting should be a bit more realistic, you contol the car while steering, still prostreet still helps you get around the corner
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

honestly, it will take decades for EA to include some of the changes you've suggested;

time sync? I don't think any game has that... Most games don't even have weather!

Why do you need 100 vinyls on each car? 99% of people's cars will have less that 20.

About the decal thing, Toyo is the official logo of the company.

Interior view is just beginning to be realistically implemented in games.

Prostreet doesn't reeeaaallly help, it just makes the steering a bit more arcade.

Seasons? I don't think so...

Real world locations world be nice-Tokyo!

Why would you free roam when you can be driven by truck to every motor racing event in the game?

Illegal drag races? None of the upgraded cars are street legal...

To create new bodykits for every single car would take a LOT of people a LOT of time.

Radio? WTF!!

Let's get realistic people. Although this might be a "ideal game" topic, most of the changes won't be implemented in ANY game. So, please keep it realistic.
oh snap
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Striker94 wrote:Most games don't even have weather!
I agree that time sync would be annoying because you'd have to wait till night for a night race. Weather is coming up quite often in games now, though. I saw it in a 1999 game....
Interior view is just beginning to be realistically implemented in games.
Not true... TDU, Gran Turismo 5, many many games like RACE and GTR2, etc.
Seasons? I don't think so...
Why not? I think Orange made a good point there. It would be cool to have a winter season where it would be harder to drive, thus making you try more and play more of the game.
Real world locations world be nice-Tokyo!
Yeah, it would be sweet.
Why would you free roam when you can be driven by truck to every motor racing event in the game?
I think you could have a choice. I dont know who you're replying to on that one, but I agree with Orange about the GTA-style free roam. No weapons, just taking missions/race events. I think it would be cool
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Striker94 wrote:Let's get realistic people. Although this might be a "ideal game" topic, most of the changes won't be implemented in ANY game. So, please keep it realistic.
Please keep it realistic? It actually is realistic, you're just writing off EA as a bunch of dumb*sses, which they ironically are.

Time sync would be incredibly easy to setup. (atleast, the way it would work) A vinyl system that allows you to put more than 20 is not ''useless''. Interior view is already getting mainstream, EA just needs to put some time in it. Free roam, just because it isn't always about racing, but also about using the city as your playground. New bodykits for every single car would mean that EA actually puts effort in their games. Radio (online streaming) is a great idea.

You're really wrong about the part that it won''t be implemented in any game.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

PSZeTa wrote:
Striker94 wrote:Let's get realistic people. Although this might be a "ideal game" topic, most of the changes won't be implemented in ANY game. So, please keep it realistic.
Please keep it realistic? It actually is realistic, you're just writing off EA as a bunch of dumb*sses, which they ironically are.

Time sync would be incredibly easy to setup. (atleast, the way it would work) A vinyl system that allows you to put more than 20 is not ''useless''. Interior view is already getting mainstream, EA just needs to put some time in it. Free roam, just because it isn't always about racing, but also about using the city as your playground. New bodykits for every single car would mean that EA actually puts effort in their games. Radio (online streaming) is a great idea.

You're really wrong about the part that it won''t be implemented in any game.
Agree with this statement

Striker you should put more thought into your comments :wink:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Also, PC music library playback (play list via media player? (can be done in flash)) and I say keep all cars, but give us more kits (real ones?), auto sculpt and a better vinyl system. Basically, Underground 3 with all the advances that have been made.

And about time sync... no, just do a sort of scale thing like most RPGs.
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

I think that it is too hard for EA to get licenses for real bodykits... and even harder to get then autosculptable.
But I would love to have that PC music library playback.

I think day and night and weather changing would be cool bbut snow would be too much to ask I think...
Big free roam area.
Street races and legal racers.
Damage and cops. But when you total your car it takes few seconds and then it spawns again with no scratches at all. Theres just one problem... cops can bust you when you respawn :?
More tuners! And keep all cars from PS.
Mixture of ProStreets and MW's steering responce.
And the most important: Lots more layers for vinyls and decals!
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Rizur wrote:I think that it is too hard for EA to get licenses for real bodykits... and even harder to get then autosculptable.
You can't be serious... THQ is a relatively smaller company than EA and yet 95% of the bodykits in Juiced 2 are licensed. They even have the VeilSide body featured on Han's RX7 in F&F: Tokyo Drift.

And if they aren't autosculptable, then screw the autosculpt! I think the general public would rather classy licensed bodykits over ricing already crappy home-made bodykits in even more crappy ones. I for one would definitely like to spice up an A3 with an Oettinger or ABT kit.

Oh, and for the Extender bundles, don't leave those awesome supercars as an after thought. And the most horrible thing of all: mistakes... Come on, you perfected the Dodge Challenger Concept and the SL65 AMG in Carbon, why mess up now? Those two cars in particular just look god awful, it's pointless putting two fine cars in there when you know they aren't finished.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Yea i'd rather have Lisenced bodykits than autoscuptable ones.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Autosculpt isn't too hard... it's just like the current system, why can't it be applied to a different design. And EA are a giant, I don't see why licenses are out of reach.
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

That licence for real bodykits was just supposition... Maybe they can get them but they dont want to pay for them or they are hard to get...? If you ask me I would love to have license body kits without autosculpt than those EA's done autosculptable kits. I think everyone would like it more.
I was just thinking is it hard to get licenses for Ferraris or why doesnt EA add them on newer NFS series? Not that they would be necessary for me... I like more tuners.

Return to “Undercover”