NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

The news visible on the main page
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

Post by Skyline_man »

After reports that NFS series were coming to an end, it appears that EA decided to make a strong comeback by releasing 4 different NFS games in 2009.

* Need for Speed Shift (PSP/PS3/X360/PC).

* Need for Speed Nitro (NDS/Wii).

* Need for Speed World (PC).

More details & first screenshots here.

A fourth title is also said to be in development, but there are no details about it yet.

Source: Worthplaying.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

Post by XCROSSX »

It sounds nice... But I'm not too sure.
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
CJ_FALCON
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CJ_FALCON »

Screenshot looks amazing but... I hope that will be not a crap like NFS:UC.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

That ain't good. It sounds like a repeat of what happened to the Sonic series.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Shift looks like a GRID clone but more buggy so that's a "no" from me there.
Nitro... come one... sounds like a Crash game...
World sound like lag and by the screenshot I already can say it looks like crap.
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

NFSUC sucked.

What's to stop this lot from sucking?

And besides, four new titles? Ain't that a wee bit much?
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

All I need is japanese cars and great visual customization.
And Shift doesnt sound like so... and because im PC gamer NFS World sounds the best.

And why are you all saying that it would be a crap? lol, either im too optimistic or you guys are too pessimistic :roll:
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Rizur wrote:All I need is japanese cars and great visual customization.
And Shift doesnt sound like so... and because im PC gamer NFS World sounds the best.

And why are you all saying that it would be a crap? lol, either im too optimistic or you guys are too pessimistic :roll:
We tell us every year "next NFS won't suck" but it sucks more and more. #-o
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

4 new NFS? :shock:

I wasn't really prepared for this. Really. :lol:

Well... I can't really say something before testing. I think we all learned time ago that we can't trust any info, images or trailers that EA shows up. #-o

But Need For Speed: Shift looks A LOT like Race Driver GRID. If I didn't know that was a NFS game, I would definitely say it was GRID. That is a complete change, I see. They're really shifting the series... once again... :roll:

That game looks to follow ProStreet's concept, without free roam and that kind of stuff. It's more into a type of game with real world circuits, licensed racing cars, real world events, that stuff. Well, I won't say no to it IF the handling is good, the graphics are optimized (a new game engine btw, thank god!) and overall a good gameplay. Something like GRID would be good for me.

As for the Need For Speed: Nitro, I honestly think it will be a poor game. I don't know, just the title makes me think that. Plus, it's going out on Nintendo DS and Wii... I don't expect much from there. I don't care either, I don't have any Nintendo console, so... :P

I'm more interested on Need For Speed: World Online. Will this be something like TDU, but only the online part? Will you be able to tune your cars again with everything you want? It seems that way, because "this Play 4 Free action racing game will give Need for Speed fans the most licensed cars, parts and game modes ever in Need for Speed's history". I hope this is true. Btw, is the game going to be free? I don't get that "Play 4 Free" thing.

Anyway, waiting for more info on this. Oh and don't forget about the 4th game. I hope that, among all these games, at least one of them is going to be good. If all of them are like Undercover... man, I think EA should really sell the NFS franchise to other team or give up. #-o
kovu1123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kovu1123 »

OK hold up 4 new titles wtf #-o and that pic looks good but nod good enough to bring my hops up pro street was crap undercover don't know yet i still haven't bought it yet i am not getting my hops up for a game that is crap i already wasted money on pro street not aging sorry :twisted: :twisted:
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

Interesting indeed.

Shift looks like it could turn out alright, sort of like a Pro Street 2 but with all the things Pro Street did not have. "Shift" is also a horrible name, if "Pro Street 2" wasn't such a bad maketing choice I would have suggested it.

Nitro looks childish, probably the intended market. I don't like the exagerated look. Glad I don't have a Wii. Also the name is horrible (unless you're 8), reminds me of the horrible excuse for a car that is the Dodge Nitro.

World looks alright, however that screenshot looks like it's from an upgraded version of Carbon. We'll see how it turns out.

As for the fourth game, i hope it's Underground 3.
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

Wow in 2009 EA is going to suck four times :), I guess it's their record till the date !!! But seriously NFS just can be good anymore, it's now a myth about great old NFS :(....
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I can definitely see a strategy here. The last few NFS haven't made much revenue. The last NFS was so ridiculously buggy that it felt like it had literally been pushed out the door without an afterthought. So, instead of one extremely buggy game, 4 just as buggy (if not worse) games are sure to make more money.

This is just painful. Need for Speed used to mean something completely separate from other racing titles such as GRID, Burnout, GTA, etc. Faced with low revenue streams of the recent NFS games, EA is trying to produce clones of other games instead of attempting to take their time to produce a single good NFS game.

I mean, if it took two years to get what Undercover was, how can we expect anything better (heck, even anything the same) for 4 games that most likely went through the same development cycle?
kovu1123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kovu1123 »

supervolvo240 wrote:Interesting indeed.

Shift looks like it could turn out alright, sort of like a Pro Street 2 but with all the things Pro Street did not have. "Shift" is also a horrible name, if "Pro Street 2" wasn't such a bad maketing choice I would have suggested it.

Nitro looks childish, probably the intended market. I don't like the exagerated look. Glad I don't have a Wii. Also the name is horrible (unless you're 8), reminds me of the horrible excuse for a car that is the Dodge Nitro.

World looks alright, however that screenshot looks like it's from an upgraded version of Carbon. We'll see how it turns out.

As for the fourth game, i hope it's Underground 3.
well cont blame you the the dodge nitro is ugly hear is a pic of it :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Dodge_Nitro_135.jpg
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I'm trying really hard to comprehend the conversation the EA heads had when they approved this.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Hate or Love it !! EA Rocksssssssssssss :D !! looking forward to find out more =P~ :wink: !! I can't say anything now !! i'm so pumped up already =D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

4 new titles? It's 3 new titles.
Anyways, it shouldn't suck as much since it's different studios.
gabster25
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gabster25 »

if "Need For Speed Underground 3" title coming ,theres a hope that we could get a great game.all the newest nfs's after most wanted are uselesss jerking off anyways..underground 3 would get to that "BANG" u know what im saying..and fu*ck those new producers anyways..stupid wankers..old good electronic arts or whatever was the best
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

3 new titles?!!!! The screenshot of shift looks straight out of GRID...hmm back to track based racing? I can live with that. Well its going to have the people who made GTR2 and GT legends so its gotta be good :D .
Need for Speed: Nitro I can care less
Need for Speed: World Online hmm maybe I'll put my money on that one, hopefully not using UC engine but combining UG2, MW, Pro street and some more cars.
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

If anyone is interested, i thinke i've found the car the player is driving in the Shift shot.

Pagani Zonda (based on interior and how far up the mirrors are).

Also i must also once again say how bad these names are.
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
ozzy89
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ozzy89 »

i want come back old good NFS'... :roll: something like mix the best ideas from NFS 3-6 :roll:
but Underground style shouldn't die :wink:

anyway, i love GRID and TDU, but EA can't copy that games :P
gfc_george
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gfc_george »

Need For Speed Shift(better called need for speed s*i*),its gonna be a fu*k*n* s***, no tuning on cars!!!??are you crazy,I only buy nfs because you can tune cars..this is te reason NFS will gonna die,they dont have any ideas,they do games and hope the people like it,an image from NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT:Image

Need For Speed Nitro(they want that us play this game when we go whit the metro or something like that)this game is only for nintendo DS (the worse graffics in the whole world),but for the wii...i dont now...could be something..but im not sure,an image:Image

Need For Speed World:i think this could be the best(but we dont now what EA Blackbox will gonna take out,hope is not undercover2:)):)),if they read this,please EA stop doing S**t NFS"s,an image from NFS WORLD:Image
Bo_NFSPS
Stock
Stock

Post by Bo_NFSPS »

That first NFS: Shift screenie is a nice shot, the Vettes look great.

But I hope EA is smart enough to allow us to turn OFF that obnoxious speed Blur effect (and turn OFF the orangish 'high dynamic range' (HDR) effect) that they built into NFS:MW, NFS:PS, and NFS:UnderCover. CodeMaster's great game GRID had them too, but fortunately players figured out & posted how to modify some xml configuration files to kill blur and restore natural color depth, which makes GRID look even more awesome.

Hopefully the ex-SimBin developers will infuse Shift with the more realistic physics that set GTR2 apart from the arcadish NFS handling. I am finally hopeful a really good simulation will emerge in NFS:Shift.

Edit: Whoa! EA Need for Speed: Shift (& those 2 other 2009 NFS games) are OFFICIALLY announced here today!
http://www.needforspeed.com/portal/site ... 0d2c0aRCRD
Asus P5N32-E SLI, 1xAsus EN8800GT, 4x1GB DDR2, G25, dual-boot Win7 Pro x64 & PCLinuxOS
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

gfc_george wrote:Need For Speed Shift(better called need for speed s*i*),its gonna be a fu*k*n* s***, no tuning on cars!!!??are you crazy,I only buy nfs because you can tune cars..
I didn't read anything in there that specifically said no car tuning....
but from the sounds of it, if there is car tuning, it'll probably be pretty minimal compared to past editions
240sxlover
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 240sxlover »

What?4 new titles or 3 new titles?

Return to “News”