Car Sale prices are a joke !

2010 Need for Speed World
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Car Sale prices are a joke !

Post by Wolfseye »

And thats to put it nicely. I mean, especially in the beginnings you need to make a lot of races to get a nicer car, to get upgrades etc. and even more time to raise your LvL to get better cars. And then when you sell a car you put quite some money in it, you get 5000. Thats a bad joke or what ?

In real life you would kill your car dealer for that if he offers you 5.000 for a 35.000 car. This ain't real life now, its a game, but still, one shouldn't be punished when making room for a better car after reaching a more advanced Level, just to get ripped off by selling the older car for a fraction of what you have put into it.

If someone sees this as I do, I would appreciate some Pro-Comments in this thread. Not that I think that EA care, and I sure know that there will be enough people probably replying that this ain't a problem, but you know, every effort counts.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2517478.page

Thanks.

Wolfseye
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Car Sale prices are a joke !

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Wolfseye wrote:And thats to put it nicely. I mean, especially in the beginnings you need to make a lot of races to get a nicer car, to get upgrades etc. and even more time to raise your LvL to get better cars. And then when you sell a car you put quite some money in it, you get 5000. Thats a bad joke or what ?

In real life you would kill your car dealer for that if he offers you 5.000 for a 35.000 car. This ain't real life now, its a game, but still, one shouldn't be punished when making room for a better car after reaching a more advanced Level, just to get ripped off by selling the older car for a fraction of what you have put into it.

If someone sees this as I do, I would appreciate some Pro-Comments in this thread. Not that I think that EA care, and I sure know that there will be enough people probably replying that this ain't a problem, but you know, every effort counts.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2517478.page

Thanks.

Wolfseye
I agree, prices are a goddamn joke. Seriously, vinyl tuning and paint is dirt cheap, and cars are so expensive....you pay like 200-400 thousands for some slightly better T2 car, and then M3 GTR for 2 million.... i suppose Supra is going to cost 500.000$ when its released.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Well, from what I know of RL, if you buy a car and invest 40 grand in, you will only be able to sell it to the current rated price, even if you invested in. For exemple, let say you buy a 5000$ VW Beetle (A REAL Beetle, not what they sold as the "New Beetle"). So you mod your Beetle, get rid of the engine and get a Subaru engine in (seems to be a common VW fan mod/engine swap). The engine cost let say 4000$. Then you put rims that are wort together 5000$. New paint (Let say 2000$) and other unnamed mods that we won't even count. Well, you took a car that is worth 5000$ and you put on it 11000$

You think you can sell it for 'round 16000$ right?

WRONG!

VW Beetles sells around 5000$ to 12000$ So at max you'll be able to sell it for 12000$ losing a good 4000$ in the process. Thing is, the market doesn't care what you put on the car. People will only buy a car at the "normal" price, no matter what you put in. Also, if for example you crash your modded Beetle, insurances will only give you back your basic 5000$.

I know it suck, but you can't do much. There's way to make insurances companies to pay full price, but it cost sometimes much and even sometimes modify your insurance policy's cost.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

RBA wrote: VW Beetles sells around 5000$ to 12000$ So at max you'll be able to sell it for 12000$ losing a good 4000$ in the process.
Yes, but first of all, you took really the oldest car for example. No wonder you don't get that much money for this old thing. ;)
That car came from my country, so I am familiar with it. ;) It was kinda cool, but too old to get real money out of it.

In NFSW i have much more higher value cars which would still be worth more than the Beetle.
And even if, like you say, I loose around 4000,- in a sale, that would still be acceptable.
But i buy any beginners Level car in NFSW, not under 20.000,- and what I get is 5.000,- when I sell it. Not even in real life you would agree to that sale.

Or if its a level higher and I buy it for 30.000,- I still only get 7.500,-. Thats redicolous.
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

I think they should create a place where you can sell your cars to other players. Like an auction, highest bidder gets the car. This would be better for the seller and for the buyer, you could get more money from other users than selling it on car dealer and buyer could get the car cheaper via auction. And users in lower leves couldn't buy for example the BMW M3 GTR before they have reached the level when you can buy it from car dealer. Also well done vinyl designs can add the value of your car so that would encourage people to make even better looking rides. That means there should be option to lock the vinyls of your car when you sell it and some sort of watermark of who have done the original design.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Exactly what I was thinking, much like Test Drive Unlimited from my recollection. A place where racers can buy and sell their own rides would work for everyone.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Wolfseye wrote:
RBA wrote: VW Beetles sells around 5000$ to 12000$ So at max you'll be able to sell it for 12000$ losing a good 4000$ in the process.
Yes, but first of all, you took really the oldest car for example. No wonder you don't get that much money for this old thing. ;)
That car came from my country, so I am familiar with it. ;) It was kinda cool, but too old to get real money out of it.

In NFSW i have much more higher value cars which would still be worth more than the Beetle.
And even if, like you say, I loose around 4000,- in a sale, that would still be acceptable.
But i buy any beginners Level car in NFSW, not under 20.000,- and what I get is 5.000,- when I sell it. Not even in real life you would agree to that sale.

Or if its a level higher and I buy it for 30.000,- I still only get 7.500,-. Thats redicolous.
Yes, it is. But what has been said about an auction, that'd be nice.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well, paying 400K for a car and getting, say, 20k for selling it in return is just ridiculous. Not to mention about 50k for tuning(just a guess)
JokerGG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JokerGG »

I can not disagree with you, the price is killer ...
This is a very complicated everything, since in theory, EA kind of like attracts people in the game, but these prices are for cars .. they scare the players, some of it seems impossible to save 2 million for a BMW, or something else ..

This problem is stuck and the other, it is a reward because of the reputation and money.
Here, I understand everything, because this is the online game, it should be a long, long what-if ..
Therefore, the award made small, and the price high, so that everyone as long as possible playing the game =)
Imho)
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

I saw what you meant. Tiers1 car are affordable, but when you get in tiers2... WTF a Porsche Cayenne at 400,000$ ?!?!?!?!?
And a Charger SRT8 for 60,000$ ?!?!? Then why not a Chevrolet Chevette for a million?!?!? *Insert the slapping of the face here*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

RBA wrote:I saw what you meant. Tiers1 car are affordable, but when you get in tiers2... WTF a Porsche Cayenne at 400,000$ ?!?!?!?!?
And a Charger SRT8 for 60,000$ ?!?!? Then why not a Chevrolet Chevette for a million?!?!? *Insert the slapping of the face here*
Why so cheap? Corvette should be 30 million AND 50 level only!
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Why not just put the real retail price instead?!? --'
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I dunno, then the Corvette would be somewhere in the 100/200/300.000$ range and that means...cheap t3 car?

Also, tier 1 muscle cars would be probably either very cheap or very expensive.

But i'd still prefer that over 2 million $ for a BMW M3 GTR.
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

maybe they just dont want people who have just got the game and play it hard out to gt to that level and are already able to buy that high powered car, when they havent gone through each stages from t1 rising to t3 (even tho t2 cars are 400k aswell like the evo 10 etc.) but i do have to agree with the pricing i got a rx7 130k no big, turns out a street package is like 45k! i mean thats just ridiculas, and a pro package is like 80k!
MetalDeath
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MetalDeath »

waaah!!....uninstall then.
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

well why would i do that, when v5 was about to come out..
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

Hi all,

I say it would be great to buy and sell cars. The second handed cars would differ in prices according to customization and that in some percentage would be corrective of the price (dealer buying price?). Like the ones in royal purple edition. I just had a flash idea, I'll try and rip free mazda 3, maybe I can get some cash...
I'm happy the evo 9 is 60k now, so i bought it...Compared to my tuned s15 it drives like a barge, but has potential (stock for now).

Still miss the visual customization like in UG2 or Cabron, that could also be price changable for it could improve performance, not to mention autosculpt....
The rare and unique parts could also be sold and bought...

It would be gr8!!

P.s. I want street-x

Have a nice day!
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

yeah like a trade system similar to gay as games like Runescape thatd be gud OR EVEN PINK SLIP RACES ZOMGGGG thtd be cool
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

U runescape?
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

no, i use to tho wen i was a kid... most MMO have trading systems or gifting systems tho

Return to “World”