Oktoberfest in Need for Speed World

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Oktoberfest in Need for Speed World

Post by Bojan »

Oktoberfest is coming to Need for Speed World in form of a community event with prizes from Logitech! From Saturday, September 18th till Saturday, October 2nd, race on the new Welcome To Oktoberfest race event. Winners of tiers 1, 2 and 3 will receive a cool prize from Logitech. Also be sure to check out the boardwalk in Camden as it'll be turned into Oktoberfest with posters of the pretzel girls, pretzel wagon smackables, giant pretzel & beer stein inflatables and ambient Oktoberfest music.

For the list of rules and info on how to enter, check out the official site.

When the event starts, we will be tracking the top times on our World Leaderboards.
Rattie19
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Oktoberfest in Need for Speed World

Post by Rattie19 »

haha awesome!
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by acbx »

Sounds great.

Motivation to start playing some more, really loving the look of that keyboard. :)
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

:lol:
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

This seems a nice event. :D

So this means we will have a new game area to play on? On my map, I can see that part of Rockport is highlighted just like the rest of the map, but I can't access it yet (Level 9). I'm not sure if it will unlock at Level 10 or not. :|
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:This seems a nice event. :D

So this means we will have a new game area to play on? On my map, I can see that part of Rockport is highlighted just like the rest of the map, but I can't access it yet (Level 9). I'm not sure if it will unlock at Level 10 or not. :|
Probably at level 11 :lol:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Not really, that area was already unlocked, I was just too dumb to find the way there. :lol:

I thought all roads that lead to Rockport were closed, so I didn't bother going to Camden, as I thought that area was also closed. Today I decided to take another route (past the bus station in Most Wanted) and for my amusement, I found a road that lead there. I guess not using the map and relying on my knowledge of MW's map was a mistake. I felt really stupid when I arrived at Camden and saw lots of players there. And all that time I thought the access to that area was closed. #-o
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shinjeon9 »

Nice. New area. World is enjoyable right now.

Btw see this stuff in the net : http://www.aircraftcompare.com/news/Nee ... ar_list/40

What do you think?
I think the rumored Shift 2 car list on that site is intriguing.

360 cars? Ferraris? GT3 licences? F1 race cars? WTF is this? If that's true you can see myself whining on SHIFT 2 disks :D
Last edited by shinjeon9 on 18 Sep 2010, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hmm I don't think we will be seeing so many cars. SHIFT has still a long way to go if it wants to compete against Forza or GT5. It's not just adding a bunch of cars, it needs much more. Weather, day and night cycle, much more tracks, true simulation physics like a GTR game, and other stuff.

But hey, if that list do comes true, I will put a statue on my garden for Slightly Mad Studios. :mrgreen:
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Finally some new stuff up in this
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shinjeon9 »

Hydro_PT wrote:Hmm I don't think we will be seeing so many cars. SHIFT has still a long way to go if it wants to compete against Forza or GT5. It's not just adding a bunch of cars, it needs much more. Weather, day and night cycle, much more tracks, true simulation physics like a GTR game, and other stuff.
I think SMS wants something like GRID, looking to the first SHIFT, but since GRID 2 hasn't announced yet, they maybe come with something that really "shifting" and revolutionize NFS in simulation matter.
Hydro_PT wrote: But hey, if that list do comes true, I will put a statue on my garden for Slightly Mad Studios. :mrgreen:
If SHIFT 2 really comes in with 360 cars; Ferraris, concept cars, and even classic cars, my money in EA hands. And smashing someone's Forza into his head (doubting that) :D
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

GRID 2 was already announced, but nothing is known about it. :wink:

Probably it will have much more cars and tracks, dynamic weather like F1 2010 and DiRT 3 and even day and night cycle if they keep the Endurance races like LeMans. They will probably also tweak the handling so it looks a bit more realistic, but still arcade and super fun.
Levente
Stock
Stock

Post by Levente »

too bad the game sucks shiznit. the lag is unbearable, we are living in 2010 goddamnit wtf are the devs doin?

Return to “News”