Savegame Troubles

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground.
DIAZdesignz
Stock
Stock

Savegame Troubles

Post by DIAZdesignz »

i´ve looked everywhere in this forum but didn´t find any help for my problem.

i got all the savegame files from a friend and copied them into my savegame-folder. then i started NFSU but it dindn´t sho his name...
so i tried to change the profiles.usr.

i opened it and copied his profilename into it so it looked like all the other names in this file. with all the symbols and stuff...

but now NFSU crashes when it comes to the profile-selecting screen...

is there a chance to deal with it by using a savegame-editor?
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

try to remove all files from your savegame folder and start game then. delete all profiles and then make new profile with the same name as your friends and only then copy save game files into your savegame folder. hope this will help.

p.s. welcome to the forum ;)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Welcome to the forum DIAZdesignz, ok this happened to me before, just reinstall ur game and then put the saved games in the saved game directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NFS Underground , start the game and ull find ur saved games without any trouble.
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

Just follow Exon's advice. I once had the same problem with my savegames backup after a format c/ and thats the most easiest way!! and afterwards: it saves you an unnecesairy reinstall
ZellTKCro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZellTKCro »

or, you can create the same profile username and use the savegame editor to "pass" the game.Then you can use the Vis.Upgrades unlocker to get all the uniqes.

Return to “Editing”