PC Bloopers

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

PC Bloopers

Post by PSZeTa »

I present, the official PC Bloopers thread.

From viruses to fingercutting casefans, it all belongs here!

My last month list. :roll: :

1. Installing my motherboard, I discovered that the backplate (Where all connectors go through) isn't fitted properly. I try to bend it, making a deep cut in my finger (Those things are sharp..). Blood dripping down my whole arm.

2. After sleeving my power supply cables, I put the power supply back in the case. Connected everything, and started my PC. More in the direction of ''I WANT to start my PC''. PC didn't go on, I pressed the power button for like 10 times. I heard the CPU fan spinning and dying again. So after wondering what is happened, I opened up my case. Jeez, smoke coming out of my case. I got scared as hell, being afraid that I burned my mobo and CPU. So I took a smell on the mobo and CPU, but no burned smell.. I connected everything again, and now it does start up. However, the PC says that it doesn't recognize any HD. So I took off the power, and looked at the HD. Holy smokes, the chips on my HD got fried. -_-

So I bought the same HD again, changed the ''green plate with all chips and whatever on it that kinda looks like a mobo'' to the old one if the data is damaged. Nope, everything still going. So I put all the data on the new HD and sent the old one back to Maxtor. (Damnit Maxtor, I don't like fried HDs. >_>)

3. After connecting some CCFLs, I started the PC. Booted Windows, and BAM, a crazy flash out of my PC (I have a sidewindow so I can see what happens in there) and PC went out. After checking, my JUST SLEEVED POWER SUPPLY DIED! :'(

So I went to trade in the dead powersupply today, and what did I get? The same model, without the sleeve.. -_- Jeez, that's what you get.. :'( I spent 8+ hours to sleeve my psu, and I get the same model back with no sleeve. They should've given me a free sleeving kit. >_>

You guys got anything to share? D:
NyJonesy26
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NyJonesy26 »

The only thing stupid I've done with computers is try to turn it on when the power cable
is unplugged.
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

can you explain to us non geeks what it means to sleeve a power cable? lm assuming you're putting a rubber protection around it :? (No pun intended)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Only stupid thing i have done was loose the screws of my case once when i was upgrading my pc and put the case back on.
isues
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by isues »

Was biulding a new P4 from the ground up,got everything in and tried to switch it on. NOTHING at all, took me 2 days to find out that i put my CPU in the wrong way,(bl**dy stupid)
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

I once burned my less than a month old mobo after overclocking it. After hanging up the computer was still on about 3 hours and I think that did it. Usually I would reboot right away, but it was at night and went to get some sleep.
After I found out that it was the mobo I send it back to the store I bought it from and after about 2 tweeks I got a new one for free :)
(I did bought a new and different mobo day before sending the old one to the store)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

isues wrote:Was biulding a new P4 from the ground up,got everything in and tried to switch it on. NOTHING at all, took me 2 days to find out that i put my CPU in the wrong way,(bl**dy stupid)
How the hell did you do that a CPU only fits in the socket 1 way unless you push and bend the pinns but then you can throw away the cpu.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

my most frustruating experience was when i bought this current system.... my mobo uses a 8-pin and 12-pin power connector, and when i first tried to start the PC, nothing happened..... i was trying for hours to figure out what was wrong, until i actually read the manual and figured out my power supply was missing a 8-pin power cable.... returned the case the next day and picked up a new one.... new one works just fine
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Saved 6 Apple //e's, a //c, and a IIGS from a dumpster at a school I worked at. They're bitterly awesome but I wouldn't have enough space for even two :/ Even worse now I'm spending money on them.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Just fix them up and sell them with profit if you can :D
=|Gigiani|=
Drift King
Drift King

Post by =|Gigiani|= »

Do what DoR says :)
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

i almost got my Floppy disk stuck. D'Oh lol.then i tried to pry it out almost breaking it. next i used a knife and cut myself. 1 hour of hard thinking and then i noticed a Black button. i hit the button and then hear a click. all a sudden a just punch myself. im a retard.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

: |
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

sorry about the profanity but i cant resist.

What a firetruck Twat. Wasted 500-600 bucks only to do something like that.

the heel of my And1 shoes are taller than his IQ
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

what an a**hole.... seriously, how stupid can you get.... im sure that friend who told him that is enjoying a hearty laugh
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

What a total idiot! I would never trust a friend if he/she said that... That guy was probably thinking that you can puts an AGP in a PCI slot. :roll:
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

most lilely he's a noob whos in a hurry to get on BF2 and his brain body took over his brain
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

i wouldnt ever trust my friends if they told me something like that... why... well i just wont

id either ask here or a comp tech
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! He deserves it, the bloody idiot... :lol:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

If it's not a joke/photoshop thingy... what a dumbbumbum.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Since I never do anything hardware wise, it took me about two hours to install a new gfx card. 10min to open the case, take the old card out and put the new one in. Then I turned on the computer to find out it started with a loud beeping noise. Already knew from before that that's something bad. So I took the new card out, put it back in, still same problem. I panicked then, thought I broke the mobo or something. Only one way to check: took the new out and put the old one in. Computer started without a problem. Then my next thought was that I broke the new card. Ok I put it back in and watch it closely when I started the computer: the fan started for a second and then turned off. Ok so I put the card out and back in a few times when I finally noticed it has a power plug at the back. Finally it occured to me: the bastard needs separate power supply! I plugged in the power from the psu and voila: it worked!
And before anyone says RTFM: well the manual was plain text german and dutch, so it didn't help much. And even though my german knowledge is limited, I think it didn't mention anything about separate power.
aaron5661
Stock
Stock

shutdown

Post by aaron5661 »

This is a funny story... I just built my computer and it worked on the first boot but have one problem... when I shut down my computer it restarts. I have tried everything. Anyone have any ideas? The only idea I came up with was to name my computer A.I. (and to that guy who cut the graphics card... you sound like one of the people that might stick a fork in an electrical outlet because something won't turn on.)
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

when you shut down it restarts :shock:...i've heard of that happenin before but i thought it was a joke..and no i have no idea wtf is goin on with your comp :lol:
btw, welcome to the boards :wink:

well my story also revolves around gfx cards. It was the 1st time i had ever bought 1 and as expected i was extremly excited. I unpack everything, opne my comp..and have a heartattack; i just realised that my card will not fit coz the slots are too small. I was soo pissed off, i was even tempted to cut out the metal plate at the back of the comp with a sheet cutter to see if it would fit.(Thank god dad stopped me).
After much ranting and raving, i found out that there were 2 types of slots, PCI and AGP..and i was looking at the PCI. I really felt like a dumbbumbum when my gfx card slotted soo nicely into the AGP slot ...

that's my story :lol:

Return to “The Hardware & Software”