HORSE POWER

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
Kid Cro
Banned

HORSE POWER

Post by Kid Cro »

I was wondering if those stock cars are strongest in their class ( i mean by Hp) Like There is 206 with 75Hp and strongest with lets say 150Hp! How many Horse power have mustang wich all Lv.3 when is stock have 500Hp! And if he have 800Hp or more then EA is doing something wrong! I am driving and my
(mustang) car with all Lv.3 and he need pretty much to do his max speed! So I figured out that is not realistic! Correct me if I am wrong! And I wish that I am wrong becouse I dont wanna to my favorite game is not good!
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

I think everybody will know that the BHP-figures aren't really realistic in this game.
Some cars cars, like the Skyline & Supra only have max. 520bhp. In real life those cars can get over 1000bhp.

Here is a topic about the BHP from the cars in NFSU-2:
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=6839
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

It's an arcade game, so deal with it :roll:
blazin
Stock
Stock

Post by blazin »

realism is best.
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

lol...

and in 2.[whatewer] to 100 kph...lol...smth like srs, only there the skyline CAN get over 1000 bhp, btw lancer can get ~850 and eclipse ~650
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I would like to see the simulation physics files for NFSU 2.
Too me it seems like they had some fun with the weight figures at least if they simulated some HP figures out of it.
Like a 206 less than 1kg of weight.
Mustang with well over 2 tons ;)
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

i mean... you know... a 206 surpassing a skyline... i mean... you know...

:roll: ea games :roll:
Kid Cro
Banned

finaly

Post by Kid Cro »

I Have figured out how you can know how many horse power have your car!
Go to dyno test and click on tunne setings for drag race then will show you how many kw have your car then take that number and multiply with 1.36 and here is your HP!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: finaly

Post by vellu »

Kid cro wrote:I Have figured out how you can know how many horse power have your car!
Or just simply switch from metric (km/h and kW) to imperial (mph and bhp) in the gameplay settings. No need to calculate anything...
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: finaly

Post by master m »

Kid cro wrote:I Have figured out how you can know how many horse power have your car!
Go to dyno test and click on tunne setings for drag race then will show you how many kw have your car then take that number and multiply with 1.36 and here is your HP!
I already posted that more than a month ago (second post in this topic). You should've read that. Then you knew it earlier :D
mohsan1988
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mohsan1988 »

the BHP figures of NFS are completely screwed but not many people should care.

NFS is designed to be an arcade game not a competitor for GT4!
the guy who said this wrote:i mean... you know... a 206 surpassing a skyline... i mean... you know...

:roll: ea games Rolling Eyes :roll:
It's possible matey. Quite very possible :!:

Unlikely... but possible
Kid Cro
Banned

tons

Post by Kid Cro »

Can I know how many kg or tons have my car!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: tons

Post by master m »

Kid cro wrote:Can I know how many kg or tons have my car!
NO, you can't in NFSU-2. And it's not neccesary to know that. Only the bhp is important in this game.

If you want a good racing-sim. , buy "GT4" or "Forza Motorsport"
Last edited by master m on 04 Jun 2005, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.
Kid Cro
Banned

No in croatia

Post by Kid Cro »

I cant get Forza in Croatia yet! So I have to play NFSU2!!
Freeman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Freeman »

the game is not realistical a skyline is much more powerfull than it is in ug i had one
mohsan1988
Drift King
Drift King

Re: No in croatia

Post by mohsan1988 »

Kid cro wrote:I cant get Forza in Croatia yet! So I have to play NFSU2!!
erm... maybe you could buy it over the internet ??? ;)
If you're too young, ask an adult to get it over the internet for you. ;)
Kid Cro
Banned

No

Post by Kid Cro »

I usualy don t buy games I get pirates! (Burn cd from somebody)
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

You peole are wasting your freaking tme trying to figure out the "why".

Why is the Nissan 240sx just about the best (not saying it is) drag car? Why is it that AWD cars spin on the line all day and night? Why is it that these under-500hp (according to the EA dyno) can run the 1/4 in less than 7 seconds? It's all crap.

I work at an auto shop and right next to our shop is a performance shop with a dynojet, the owner of the shop has a Trans Am with 430rwhp and 515rwtq on a naturally aspirated 383 stroker motor, and his best time to date is an 11.29. I won't take much time to explain but basically he could go faster if he wanted to by going SC, turbo, or nitrious, but there is alot of safety things you have to add to your car if you break a certain time (mainly racing harnesses, blah blah).

Anyways, a bit of a rant there, but everything about the game is f*d up. I play the game for fun, and leave it at that. If I want realism I run out to my driveway and hop into my very own turbo car. As it has been said so many times, if you want realism just freakin get GT4 or Forza. And if your in to rally racing then get RBR or something. Also don't have high hopes for EA ever going back to realistic games, unless they have some major stuff planned for Most Wanted, which I highly doubt.

A mod should lock this topic, and all others like it, it's the same BS over and over.
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

Honestly, in a computer game (at least with the current state of technology), hyper-realiism is impossible, so to have something like NFS take liberties with realism is hardly an issue. I've tried several laps on Forza, and although I imagine it'd be rewarding to master the game, it's a little too realistic. In real-life, you get feedback from the car you're in, you feel the speed, bumps in the road, the tires starting to lose adhesion, different stuff like that, which a video game can't provide. Without that information, you have to work harder to not lose. NFS, on the other hand, bends the rules of physics, and so there's a little more room for error. You can't really fault EA for that bit of leniency.
Kid Cro
Banned

Hey!

Post by Kid Cro »

Hey! This is topic about horse power!
mohsan1988
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mohsan1988 »

Hecubus wrote:Honestly, in a computer game (at least with the current state of technology), hyper-realiism is impossible, so to have something like NFS take liberties with realism is hardly an issue. I've tried several laps on Forza, and although I imagine it'd be rewarding to master the game, it's a little too realistic. In real-life, you get feedback from the car you're in, you feel the speed, bumps in the road, the tires starting to lose adhesion, different stuff like that, which a video game can't provide. Without that information, you have to work harder to not lose. NFS, on the other hand, bends the rules of physics, and so there's a little more room for error. You can't really fault EA for that bit of leniency.

Erm, maybe you don't know this but It's possible to buy a full seat with steering wheel and pedals locked into position. The seat gives full vibration when needed, like the Vibrator motor in a dualshock controller, as does the steering wheel. So, you can actually feel the bumps and the tire slips. Today's technology is capable of a whole lot more but the cost per set would be stupidly high. It can be done but it won't because the price would be something like £500, which there are. I have seen 3 different versions of these.

They are out there my friend.... people just can't afford them!
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

mohsan1988 wrote:
Hecubus wrote:Honestly, in a computer game (at least with the current state of technology), hyper-realiism is impossible, so to have something like NFS take liberties with realism is hardly an issue. I've tried several laps on Forza, and although I imagine it'd be rewarding to master the game, it's a little too realistic. In real-life, you get feedback from the car you're in, you feel the speed, bumps in the road, the tires starting to lose adhesion, different stuff like that, which a video game can't provide. Without that information, you have to work harder to not lose. NFS, on the other hand, bends the rules of physics, and so there's a little more room for error. You can't really fault EA for that bit of leniency.

Erm, maybe you don't know this but It's possible to buy a full seat with steering wheel and pedals locked into position. The seat gives full vibration when needed, like the Vibrator motor in a dualshock controller, as does the steering wheel. So, you can actually feel the bumps and the tire slips. Today's technology is capable of a whole lot more but the cost per set would be stupidly high. It can be done but it won't because the price would be something like £500, which there are. I have seen 3 different versions of these.

They are out there my friend.... people just can't afford them!
I'm vaguely aware of the basic idea. I've actually seen a setup that costs several grand, but has a certain amount of movement (for instance, if your car goes off a jump, the seat moves to try and create an accurate feeling). I anticipate the day when something like what you posted becomes much cheaper.
Kid Cro
Banned

great!

Post by Kid Cro »

I think that is great that racers in nfsu2 when you chalange them dont go evry time the same way! Or I cant remember last race becouse city is realy big!
And guys if you wanna that much of realism then GO BUY A CAR AND RACE IN REAL LIFE of course if you dare becouse you wanna realism from your sofa at home!
Dabeastyboy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dabeastyboy »

yeah just like SRS there cars can get very much horses. But that game has it's problems to.

Return to “Underground 2”