A couple questions about Unique Upgrades.

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
Segovia
Stock
Stock

A couple questions about Unique Upgrades.

Post by Segovia »

Perhaps one of you bright sparks can help me out with a few questions about unique upgrades. Thanks in advance for any help.

1. It is my understanding that the visual unique upgrades are only available for one car in Career Mode. (three cars for the performance upgrades) Is there any way around this?

(I notice in Jeff Reid's save game (nsfu2.zip) that all five cars in Career Mode have the visual and performance unique upgrades.

2. I cannot seem to get any unique upgrades (performance or visual) on multiple cars. Let's say, for example, I'm at stage 3 and get the engine upgrade on my first car. I then switch to a second car, and I cannot seem to get the upgrade. I've won 20+ outruns with zero results, on the second car.

3. Some cars are not unlocked until later stages. How does this effect their ability to get the upgrades from earlier stages? Take, for example, the Lancer. Since this car cannot be unlocked until stage 5, does that mean that the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stage upgrades will never be available to this car? Or can you simply just do all the outruns at stage 5 to obtain them?

4. Similar to question 3 - If a person "forgot" to do the stage 2 outruns, could he still get the Hood upgrade by doing the outruns at a later stage? (my wife just did this) :wink:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Hey welcome to nfsunlimited forums 8)

1. I dont know...

2. True. i.e.: If you install a unique turbo upgrade to your 240sx and then trade it for a new Toyota Supra, the Supra will be stock. You will have to install all the performance upgrades again, and the unique upgrade will be lost forever.

3. No! (fortunately) :P If you unlock a RX7 at stage 5 (I think it's the last car) you are able to install all the upgrades you "earned" in the previuos stages.

4. Sadly yes. I mean the special hood won't be unlocked any more...

______

As an extra info, once you finish the career mode, all the unique visuals and everything else will be available in the main menu. I mean you will be able to use those special parts in your cars and then drive them in Quick Race, or Online mode.
However, if Im not wrong unique performance parts are not available in the main menu.....

Cheers.
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: A couple questions about Unique Upgrades.

Post by jeffr »

Segovia wrote: 1. It is my understanding that the visual unique upgrades are only available for one car in Career Mode (three cars for the performance upgrades).
No, you can install the visual or performance upgrades on any car in your garage. You can do the outruns with one car, but switch to another car before visiting the star that triggers a timed run to get the unique part.

One exception is that there are no wide body ktis for the SUV's. If you switch to an SUV, the star for the widebody kit goes away, until you switch back to a car, in which case the star returns.

You can also buy a split spoiler for the SUV's (like the lynx), but these normally unique parts are never unlocked in career mode for the cars.
Is there any way around this? (I notice in Jeff Reid's save game (nsfu2.zip) that all five cars in Career Mode have the visual and performance unique upgrades.
I cheated. I found where this stuff is stored in the games memory when it's running, modified the memory, then saved the game. (A generic trainer). I found the limitation of not being able to buy the parts annoying enough that I went through the trouble of doing this. Note that the all the tunings and setups are legit, and none of the non-career cars are hacked in any way.
3. Some cars are not unlocked until later stages. How does this effect their ability to get the upgrades from earlier stages?
You have to get the unique parts during a stage. The best you can do is to wait until the end of a stage before visiting any stars that lead to unique parts. If you want to avoid accidentally driving over a star, don't do any outruns until you're at the final URL for a stage. Note that all of the cars in my career garage, except for the Mustang, could get all the unique stuff if you did career mode 4 times, each time using a different savefile and car.

A car has to be available by the end of stage 2 in order to get all of the unique parts.

4. Similar to question 3 - If a person "forgot" to do the stage 2 outruns, could he still get the Hood upgrade by doing the outruns at a later stage? (my wife just did this)
Nope it's too late. Have to do the outruns during the stage, as well as going to the star that tirggers the timed run to a shop.
Segovia
Stock
Stock

Post by Segovia »

Thanks for all that info ^Sparco^ and jeffr.

And thanks also, jeffr, for that save game file, the videos on your web page, and your advises on tuning in other threads. I'm new to the game, and it helped me greatly to be able to examine your settings and understand better how to get my cars tweaked/tuned to my liking.

Return to “Help & Support”