Need for speed line : The beginning & the future.

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Need for speed line : The beginning & the future.

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

they remember when the first need for speed came out for sale?, me not, because i was very young.
The first need for speed that I knew was the NFS 4: Road challenge, or better acquaintance as
High Stakes.It was an entire novelty, because now there was model of damages and it could modify the car partly.
Tell us your first experience a Need For Speed and what you wait for the next to come out.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Im still in love with Hot Pursuit and Porsche Unleashed, but times are changing and we will all have to settle with Hollywood style NFS Games, so despite the qaulity and change in EA, I still like NFS. :)
korge
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Schumifreak »

The first NFS game I played was NFS 3: Hot Pursuit, and I loved it, so I also got all the others. I really liked Porsche Unleashed, it just was a refreshing formula and I also liked to see all Porsches ever built, and even drive them :) Some people find every new NFS game less original than the last one before, but I still enjoy playing a new NFS game like I did playing Hot Pursuit :D
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

My 1st was Porsche Unleashed and to me it was a very realistic game, the handling the gameplay everything, the career mode was very well handled, owning almost all the porsches was cool too.

Then i got Hot Pursuit 2, which to me was just so-so.

Then BAM!, the new tuner line street racing nfs series, i loved nfsu1 that was a nice move by EA, to make a tuning racing game.

Then came NFSU2, to me the only thing i rathered was the handling and engine sound effects, in the end though i rathered this over nfs1.

And now Most Wanted, so far i love how the handling feels(sumone asked if drag will be in mw, yea it will, i think drift has been replace with sum sorta knock out racing though)Overall so far this game is a huge step up from NFSU2.
Panda2k
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Panda2k »

My first NfS was Hot Pursuit. Afterwards I also got to play NfS2 but I was sorta in love woh NfS HP. After that I had all NfS games and actually liked them as well. I was a bit disappointed by NfS U1 but in the end i played U2 quite long and had much fun with it.
Porsche Unleashed was also cool because you could buy-repair-sell cars and also have a really big garage wich I thought was cool! :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I got addicted to NFS when I began playing the NFSHS Demo. I became an avid fan since then, and I skipped the PU and continue till now. :)
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

I have been playing NFS since NFS II :D

My favourite until now is
NFS: HP (III)
NFSU
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i have the whole collection except for the first one but that was on playstation so i dont got it...i got a pc collection....i luv nfs 3 and 5...and soon to hope 9(mw)
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I started in 96 or 97, with the PC version of TNFS. Had to visit a friend to play it tho, because the computer at home didn't have CD-ROM :P I've got it now tho, but somehow I've managed to lose it. Can't find it anywhere... :cry:
Anyway, I've played all NFS games since. My favorite (as I've said a few times) is without a doubt NFS Porsche. :D
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I started in 1998* with NFS3.

Good old times.

*WTF? almost 8 years ago... Life is short
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

TNFSSE was the first game I ever bought with my money, the year 1996 I beleive it was :)

Unfortunatly I sold it to a friend later (something I'll regret forever).
p2prox@gmail.com
Stock
Stock

Post by p2prox@gmail.com »

I remember getting the very first NFS when it came out, very cool game with realism at heart. I then got an N64 and didn't play the series again until 3 or 4 which I quickly fell in love with again. I really liked the music in them up to the 5th one and the music fell downhill from there is the feeling by many. I recently bought the original Need for Speed on PC from eBay so that will be cool to have since there's not that many copies of that first game still around.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

mine was....need for speed high stakes...i LOVEDDDD that game....then it was porsche unleashed, then it was Hot Pursuit2, then Underground 1, then undergound 2..and now MW....despite of EA goin down hill with their games...im still a fan. But MW is getin my trust on EA again.... 8)
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

I AGREE WITH ALL YOU!!!!! :P :P
I was loosing the hope when i played the HOT PURSUIT 2 , but ... the big bang came for us The UNDERGROUND 1 came out to the streets to burn them!!! :wink:
Then the U2 more of the same , but too fun anyway. Now i am waiting with longings da MOST WANTED!!! 8) 8) .
If some of you want The first NFS i got it in cd. But i can give them by P2P . :D
This year i completed the collection of the nfs line . I´m too happy so :D
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Played the first NFS ever. Don't remember much of it. I was young. Very young.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/need ... eview.html

1996. :oops:
Peter Ferrell
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Peter Ferrell »

I first played NFS 3: Hot Pursuit. I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. :lol:
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

l started out with NFSHS, my favorite classic, and then U1 and U2.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

* Gets lost dreaming about the good old days *

I wanna play TNFS again :(
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Graphics like this are worth a 7 back then:
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

I think the first one i played was NFS2.
I first played a couple of times on my friends pc and later on borrowed it when i got my own pc.
It was nice but got a bit boring after a while.
lol wut
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

I've been with NFS from the absolute beginning, just like Tekken, Gran Turismo, and a few others

Now the first NFS was absolutely great
lyn_guy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lyn_guy »

I started with Hot Pursuit, but what really got me into this series is Porsche Unleashed. Hot Pursuit 2 was and still is my favorite (its been installed on my active pc since it came out). And then EA brought out Underground. I was blown away.. it was revolutionary for me. Underground2 was an experiment of many new things by EA and they got mixed reviews on them. I played that 4 times over and loved it. So yes, I'm a big fan of the series and can't wait to get my hands on MW.. I think if MW lives to its expectations, I'll finally be able to uninstall Hot Pursuit 2 from my pc!
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

My first was the very first Need for Speed, i had a huge addiction to Need for Speed 2 Special Edition when that was out, same with Hot Pursuit, i never really played Porsche Unleashed or Highstakes, when HP2 came out there was another addiction, so much so i bought it on both Gamecube and PC... Then the Underground series which i played both games countless times, and now awaiting Most Wanted, which could be the best yet
Cargozer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cargozer »

I started with NFS1, Then played NFS2 and the next NFS i played after 2 was Underground1 and then U2, (Now MW), so it was a huge step to my NFS experience. :P

God i remember it was such a fun at NFS1 to run off the cops and it had a cop radar with 5 squares, when all squares were full a cop were close and then it was time for chasedown! :O If you got busted it had a still picture of a police giving you a traffic ticket.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

nfs II SE (@ frends house)
nfs III (still play it often)
nfs IV (still play it on occasion)
nfs V (2nd best nfs game, play it after i play need for speed mw be)
nfs VI (never got it)
nfs VII (third favorite)
nfs VIII (favorite game now)

i originally lost my II, IV, and V, but then rebought them in a combo pack...lol
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop

Return to “Most Wanted”