NFS MW PC Demo Screenshots thread

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Schumifreak »

I'm using Fraps to make the screenies, and make a shot when smashing into a roadblock or jumping, because such actions activate the distance cam :)
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Using a 9800pro 128 using the latest omega ati drivers/AMD64 3200+/512DDR400mhz
K heres sum pics of mine, @800x600(looks ok and improves fps a little), All settings on video card control panel maxed(AA-6X/AF-16X,HIGH QUALITY same for opengl and direct3d).

Ingame graphics settings maxed, except for shadow(turned right down) and AA(1 Notch up).Getting average 30-33fps, go as high as 50+fps but average its 30-33 considerling when i do get minor lags it drops to low 20+fps(U can use a soft called FRAPS to check fps,seems my omega ati video drivers have a fps reader built in so i only use fraps to take pics, but believe mi when it drop in the low 20fps u can definitely feel the drop in performance,few times it drop below 20 or just freeze for a couple seconds,no big deal to me since it doesn't happen much and the game look mad).Believe me to play it the way its meant to be played u gotta be getting average 30fps according to the pc review, 30fps is what it runs at, so once u gettin that average u running the game aight'

Pontiac Roadblock(Engine sound sweeettt, but viper more powerful, Pontiac accels quicker still but lower top speed and police seem to hate the pontiac cuz them nuh stop bang mi car when i used it.)

NOTE-For these pics, once they come in imageshack, u gotta click em once to getthe proper resolution, so it shows as clear as it should.

Viper(powerful, just to move it off in manual it maddd)

Porsche(Known for its superb handling, overall a balanced car)
Mustang(Luv the engine sound on this, persoanally i prefer this over the porsche in the game that is, i see everyone online using hte porsche and i still whoppin em up with the mustang)

Pixilated shadow graphics prob, may be just with ati cards, i get this once i turn up the shadow graphics setting.

U can get the mod to change your cars at http://nfs-action.gamaxx.de/nfs-action/ ... php?cat=26

My online name is llowlyn, sytem specs in my sig.
In conclusion, i think i prolly need a next 512 ddr mem to get flawless gameplay plus max graphics, since i hear 64bit cpus are mem hogs. I think i'll hate playin if i end up having to turn down road reflection and any other thing except AA and shadow.Even though i know it'd improve performance but i'm ok wit my settings, basically average out at 30fps,it does go as high as 50+ while racing but not for long and it does stay at 31 most times and will occasionally drop in the 20s, so i just average it out at 30fps. At loading screens it goes as high as 60+fps(vsync on) but sumtimes loading does freeze droping it to low low fps, doesn't matter though since its the load screen.
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

Cross wrote:
try to beat this
too bad that the viper has too much power in first gear. i guess u all noticed that. but i love the sound, especially from the porsche, finnaly some proper car sounds. this game really rocks already in the demo version.

James31278 wrote:
Some other guy had 900,000.

now thats has 2 be me james ;) i got over 900,000 :) in 55min :shock:
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

how do i change parts dont find the map where the files is :(
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Schumifreak wrote:I don't think so, some drivers just add support for the newest cards like 7800GT and don't add anything new for already supported cards.

Edit: Here you go Skyline_man :wink:

Um, how exactly do I do it? :?
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

joablo wrote:Cross wrote:
try to beat this
too bad that the viper has too much power in first gear. i guess u all noticed that. but i love the sound, especially from the porsche, finnaly some proper car sounds. this game really rocks already in the demo version.

James31278 wrote:
Some other guy had 900,000.

now thats has 2 be me james ;) i got over 900,000 :) in 55min :shock:
Yeah, some guy acted like 300,000 was alot. I could get 900,000 if I really wanted to.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:
Schumifreak wrote:I don't think so, some drivers just add support for the newest cards like 7800GT and don't add anything new for already supported cards.

Edit: Here you go Skyline_man :wink:

Um, how exactly do I do it? :?
Backup your original "gameplay.bin" file in GLOBAL folder in the game directory, then rename any of the 3 viper files to "gameplay" and replace the original "gameplay.bin" file and thats it.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

a screenshot showing my quickest time outrunning the police.

pursuit length challenge completion:
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Can be easy if you go straight for prushuit braker :P
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Fishwhiz wrote:i love flying over poilice.
say, how do you upload screens after pressing f12?
do my posts fricken matter anymore?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

http://www.imageshack.us

upload them here. :wink:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ya, except where would you get them from the files to make sure you have the pics?
im just trying to figure out where in the files you would get them
Remko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Remko »

Fishwhiz wrote:ya, except where would you get them from the files to make sure you have the pics?
im just trying to figure out where in the files you would get them
My Documents -> My pictures.

They're saved in .TGA format but you can convert those easily to jpegs with ACDsee, Irfanview, JPEG Optimizer ( http://www.xat.com ) etc.

A few screenies of my own (click for big):

Image GTO from the new cars' mod.
Image Not sure if dad wil let me borrow the car again. :(
Image Nice sunset.
Peter Ferrell
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Peter Ferrell »

:shock: Are those scratches vinyls, or paint scrapings?
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Peter Ferrell wrote::shock: Are those scratches vinyls, or paint scrapings?
Paint scrapes, broken windshields too. I paste my screenshots in windows paint then save them as jpegs.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

James31278 wrote:
Paint scrapes, broken windshields too. I paste my screenshots in windows paint then save them as jpegs.
Do you have "Visual Treatment" turned to "Low" because I just noticed something, the game actually looks better when you turn it to "Low". The colours are more vivid and less brownish.
Peter Ferrell
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Peter Ferrell »

Geez man, I have to drive well in the blacklist races. I don't want to have my ride pictured with a lot of dings and scrapes on it. :shock:
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

The Viper mod rocks 8)

My mums PC had Sis interigated graphics that wouldnt play any Nfsu games until we updated the drivers. Even then it ran in slow motion with no reflections and all settings as low as possible. Now she has a 5200 which aint too bad.

Had enough Viper pics or shall I post some more?
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

2furio wrote:
James31278 wrote:
Do you have "Visual Treatment" turned to "Low" because I just noticed something, the game actually looks better when you turn it to "Low". The colours are more vivid and less brownish.
visual treatment i'm gonna have to see if an option is actually named that. I found it and turned it off or whatever. I can actually see the viper's hood and windshield now. a richer blue too.
Remko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Remko »

2furio wrote:
James31278 wrote:
I take it you're asking this to me, right? ;) Yep, I have set Visual Treatment to low, but all other options at least medium to high. The only differences between High<-> Low is that you lose the sepia-tone colour filter and the 'over-bright' contrast settings, also, the Bloom and Motions blur are considerably less dominant. All other effects such as weather changes, texture quality, raindrops, reflections, etc. stay the same.
It may make the game look a little more ordinary (especially if , like me, you've set texture quality to medium/low), but I prefer it over the washed-out look. Plus it's slightly easier on the framerate. ;)
some_doing
Ricer
Ricer

Post by some_doing »

Will there be like a pay and spray? Lol it almost looks like you scraped the GT badge off too.
burna
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by burna »

The driver in our cars have faces! How cool is that?

Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yes they are but you cannot see that with your eye. Litlle changes.
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

dang wont show if i change it, and it wont show as is, and i cant resize a pic
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

i almost thought that was a real vinly on the mustang aheh

Return to “Most Wanted”