Your opinions on the starting cars?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
felixworks
Ricer
Ricer

Your opinions on the starting cars?

Post by felixworks »

I'm gonna get this game for X-mas. so I want to know what car to choose. thanks :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The Best starter car is the Golf but you can only choose it if you have U2 installed on the PC (or a savegame on the console)
and it costs alot more (almost your complete budget and more then your budget if you start without a U2 savegame)

the Cobalt isn't a bad starter car but had a low topspeed.
The Punto is avarege but really good not bad.

The Lexus is pretty good handling car but the bodykits SUCK (IMO same for the Cobalt)
felixworks
Ricer
Ricer

Post by felixworks »

Thanks. I do have a Underground 2 file so I think I'll get the golf
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The acc and topspeed of the Golf are unmachted as starter car. the handling can be tricky some times cause it will slide easy, but it is not super hard to handle and with a suspension upgrade that is fixed also
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Punto was my start-car, and I believe it was faster than the Golf stockwise.. :)
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

golf by a long shot, btw the cobalt isnt to bad, i beat the first 2 blacklist with it completely stock!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Andre_online wrote:Punto was my start-car, and I believe it was faster than the Golf stockwise.. :)
It isn't even close, the Punto looks fast but the acc slows down alot after you hit 4th gear you won't use the 6th gear cause the 4th and 5th are long and don't have alot of torque in the revs there... it falls back alot when shifting to 4th gear.
The Handling isn't bad but you have to brake alot more on some corners to go trough.
I tested both on the same track (the 8 lap knockout wich is fixed with the 1.3 patch) so you have enough time to do perfect laps cause you are 5 laps on your own :lol:

the golf has a great gearbox is a short ratio box so it won't fall back when shifting and falls back where the engine has power. so it accelerates pretty fast but you have to be a good shifter cause the poweband isn't wide so you have to shift back alot when braking when you can shift well (or use autoshift) it is a great car.

I reached 300 kmh with only the first 2 upgrades (engine race and transmission race) in the before beating No15.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

I also chose the Golf as a starter car. It's good enough to get you thru the first 2 or 3 levels.
TheStig wrote:The Best starter car is the Golf but you can only choose it if you have U2 installed on the PC (or a savegame on the console)
Why is that necessary :?: Isn't it possible to just buy the GOLF 5 in Most Wanted ?
Cargozer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cargozer »

I started with Lexus IS300 and completed the whole game with it, every single race, took me 20 hours for full game, and i almost beated every rice and milestone at first try. So I wouldnt call lexus that bad. :/ Didint try the others though, so i aint gona say enything about the other starcars.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

lexus got good top speed....the bodykits are damm ugly..so wha ti did was save the money for a better car..all i did was the rims tint window,gave it new white pain and rest on engine mods..lol
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I like the Cobalt... I still use it, and I'm 7th on the blacklist... And I've only upgraded it once...
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Does the downgrading trick (Removing performence parts that limit top speed) still work in this game?
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I've been using the Cobalt in my current career - and it sucks IMO. I put lots of unique performance upgrades (5 to date) on it and got my bum kicked in nearly every race due to its rubbish top speed. Avoid...

As soon as I could I bought a Clio V6 (love one the Dispatcher's pronunciation of it as "Ren ult" as opposed to "Ren oh") which I have used throughout the game up to black list#7 I think, when I bought the Elise as soon as it was unlocked. These 2 are my favoutite cars in the game to date!

On my first career I started with the VW Golf, this is easily the best starting car for me!

However, next career, if i can be a**ed to do one, I'll try the Punto.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I also started with the Cobalt and it isn't that bad to use in the beginning. But i got the Eclipse as soon as it became available (saved the unique parts i earned with the cobalt) But i didn't really care about choosing my starter car because i would sell it anyways for parts for my eclipse. But i have also tried the punto and the golf and i have to say that i like the punto more, but that is just my personal opinion.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I started of with the Lexus, which was a pretty good starting car, but I avoided doing any visual mods to other than black paint - the body kits were just too ugly - after I had the RX8 for a little while and then finally ended up with the DB9 as soon as I got it unlocked, for some reason the handling got a little twichy during high speed, which lost me some races. But I stook to it and it worked out in the end.
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

I started with Punto, and use it untill I beat blacklist 15 and pinkslipped his Golf (I really liked that car).

IMO Punto is quite good car, I still use it from time to time (upgraded to the max offcourse).
KidZer0
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by KidZer0 »

Lexus>>>everything else
Left it stock, besides performance wise.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

I started in the cobalt but sold it when i unlocked the CTS-V so i could afford to buy it, which was stupit because the CTS-V is crap and i sold that about half an hour later for my musteng.
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

Punto, thats what i rolled in.......then i started racing in the Golf when i got that frm the blacklist, then i moved onta the supra and sold the punto cos i needed money 4 upgrades.......i liked the punto cos the body looked ok without a bodykit at the start.........cos the stock body was aight????

Return to “Most Wanted”