Huge NFS:MW Bug, please help!

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
The Lithium
Ricer
Ricer

Huge NFS:MW Bug, please help!

Post by The Lithium »

Hey, 'sup y'all?

I'm Seb, (you can call me Seb or Lith if you will). I'm 17 and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden.

I got NFS Most Wanted for X-mas, and it is so sweet! Real awesome game. But OH MY GOD all these crashes are killing me! Yes, I've got the official patch, released by EA. Yes, I've updated my graphic card (nVIDA GT 6600). And I've checked, I have much higher performance than the minimum for this game... But here's the thing:

You know... When I first installed this game I had some troubles with crashes, etc. But I downloaded the patch, and after that it worked pretty well. It wasn't totally fixed, but it hardly ever crashed.

So yesterday I finally went to a workshop, (the yellow house on the map), to get my ride fixed. (You know, I'm about 12% through, and I really wanted to save A LOT of money for a visit). While I was in the workshop the game would crash after a few minutes. It took me a WHOLE lotta time, crashes and restarts to buy what I wanted. And after that it has just been a hell. The game will crash after about 15-20 minutes. I have UG2 on this computer too, and I've NEVER had any troubles with that. I've never had any troubles with any games on this 'puter.

Yes, I've reinstalled the game, but it still won't work. I mean, what else can I do? The game is just floofed up!

Please help!
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

Maybe your visual memory is too low.
do you use trainer? Coz the cam trainer is crash the game
The Lithium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The Lithium »

No, I don't use a trainer... So let's say my visual memory is too slow. What can I do to fix that?
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

to increase the size of your virtual memory, take the following steps:

1.Right click on your "My Computer" icon and select properties from the drop down menu that appeasrs.

2.Select the Advanced Tab from the window that appears, and then click the settings button just below "Performance" and another window will appear.

3. Click the Advanced tab in the new window and click the "change" button just below virtual memory.

4.Make your changes and remember to click apply before closing the window.

***Caution***
Setting your virtual memory higher will reduce the available disk space you have on your hard drive. So be careful if you don't have an abundance of space.

hope this helps.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

How much RAM do you have?
The Lithium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The Lithium »

My Visual Memory is 768 MB. Is that too slow?

And my RAM is 512 MB.
The Lithium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The Lithium »

Anyone?
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

if you have the space, try bumping your virtual memory up to 1500 and see if that helps.

Also Close all background processes that don't need to be running and make sure your hardware acceleration is turned on to full, haveing hardware acceleration turned to none can cause games to CTD

One other thing to try is downgrade your GFX drivers, I know the 6800GT (My Card) had alot of issues with the latest drivers and the only ones i could get to work a while back was the 77.77 drivers. So give them a try. You can download them from the link below:

http://nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.77.html
The Lithium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The Lithium »

Alright, thanks a bunch! I'll try that!
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Retail, right out of the box, unpirated?
The Lithium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The Lithium »

*double post*
Last edited by The Lithium on 02 Jan 2006, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
The Lithium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The Lithium »

viper_gts wrote:if you have the space, try bumping your virtual memory up to 1500 and see if that helps.

Also Close all background processes that don't need to be running and make sure your hardware acceleration is turned on to full, haveing hardware acceleration turned to none can cause games to CTD

One other thing to try is downgrade your GFX drivers, I know the 6800GT (My Card) had alot of issues with the latest drivers and the only ones i could get to work a while back was the 77.77 drivers. So give them a try. You can download them from the link below:

http://nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.77.html
Nope, that didn't work either... :evil:
Tunerfreak wrote:Retail, right out of the box, unpirated?
Yeah, unpirated! As I said, I got it for Christmas. (Yes, my parents bought it for me).
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I'd try EA support, if I were you..

Return to “Help & Support”