Interview with NFSC composer Trevor Morris

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Interview with NFSC composer Trevor Morris

Post by Skyline_man »

Over at music4games.net, a new interview with Need For Speed Carbon composer has been posted, here is a random quote:
M4G: How would you describe your music for NFS: Carbon and how many minutes of music did you write for the game? (Is there music in-game or have you written music for the cinematics only?)
Trevor Morris: Well, the first thing the EA team and I talked about is not wanting to do just another video game score. So there is a lot of lateral thinking happening. There are huge sections of the game that are just Japanese Taiko and Shakuhatchi Flutes. We kind of visualized a remixed pumped up version of “The Last Samurai.” We did around 40 minutes of totally interactive in- game music, recorded in layers known as “stems” as well as in emotional chapters. John Morgan at EA in Vancouver kind of surgically dices my music into these modular cubes, they are in turn triggered interactively by the gaming events. I also got to score in a more traditional manner to picture, 13 little cinematic FMV movies. That was fun for me, and it’s what I do best, “Tell story” musically as we track the progression of the characters. I love helping turn characters from benevolent to evil though music, it’s so much fun.
Read the rest of the interview here.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

not really interesting interview IMO, because no new details of Sountrack are reveiled, like EA trax and so on... :(
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

This is a little interresting....I did'nt get this part

"There are huge sections of the game that are just Japanese Taiko and Shakuhatchi
Flutes"

Where will these be used?

BTW nothing about the sound track...
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

i think there talking about the music where ur racing on the canyons

if u watch the IGN vids from awhile bac, the music thats playing doesnt sound like any sort of soundtrack
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

i agree with all use guys about no details about the soundtrack but i think the interview is like the music during the movies and mayb when getting chased by cops but who knows i didnt read it well so yeah :?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Sounds pretty promising to me, like the pursuit music from MW or something.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Interactive music, like in NFS III, when you crash and the music suddenly changes its rythm to a lowest one :P
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

SP4RCO wrote:Interactive music, like in NFS III, when you crash and the music suddenly changes its rythm to a lowest one :P
Just like MW, and the canyon race duel music ;)

Return to “News”