What car do you drive ?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Awesome Felix. Im my country they have started cracking down on on load exhausts, you ever have any trouble?

That manifold looks like a turbo from far away :lol:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

lol it does look like a turbo from far away i had to click on it to make sure. do you sense a turbo in the near future :D
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

darknight788 wrote:do you sense a turbo in the near future :D
Thats an SR20DET, it has one of these:

Thats my Garrett T28, taken from a UKDM S14A. Only the US received N/A SXs. :wink:

EDIT - A few more of mine:

With sleepy headlights:

Attempt at an arty shot

*No 56k users were harmed during this post
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

This is my volvo 460'97. Old but i love it... my first car...
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

That has to be the cleanest car in the world :o
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

Tunerfreak wrote:Awesome Felix. Im my country they have started cracking down on on load exhausts, you ever have any trouble?
that term you used is a bit odd to me, but I haven't had any trouble, but that's probably coz that exhaust has been on the car for 3 days now :wink:
there shouldn't be any trouble as long as the emissions and noise levels are in the limits.

even MOT shouldn't be a problem, I just have to put the catalyzer back on for that.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

OMG, i love your 240sx...it's just AWESOME...
Dumbass
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dumbass »

i cant agree with xturbo becuse i hate those sick cars 240sx but this one is nice
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

Talking about mine or Grez'?!?

Of mine you can't really see anything except quorter of the rearbumper

:arrow: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... start=1160
some better pics of the whole car on that page

And ppl you don't have to like every car, I don't either :wink:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I'm moving house in early October; I have space for 2 cars, but don't know which to keep. Someone help me decide:

Audi S2. RS2-spec block, forged pistons, Schrick 263 profile cams, 550CC injectors, MTM optimised inlet manifold, 5-branch Schrick exhaust manifold, 3" Supersprint downpipe to full 2.5" exhaust, decat pipe, Bosch S1Q-Spec fuel pump, Garrett T3071R turbocharger, G40-spec Iradium race plugs, MTM custom ECU, Oil cooler, Spearco W/A Chargecooler, Uprated gasket, rods bolts. RS2 6-speed Getrang 'box, standard final drive, S1 Limited Slip Differential, RS2 driveshafts, KW Variante 3 fully ajustable coilovers, Powerflex bushings and engine mounts, Porsche 320mm front and 300mm rear drilled and groved calipers grabbed by 4-pot Brembo/Porsche 964 Turbo calipers, Front lower and upper strut braces, rear upper strut brace, Recaro black/grey leather interior, Carbon Fibre trim, Momo Challenge 280mm wheel, Blaupunkt multimedia head unit, 6-disc CD and DVD changer, Rockford Fostgate components, Debadged, 8.5" front and 9.5" rear 17" OZ Superturismo GT lightweight racing alloys.

E36 328iS. Piper cams, SSDD Ram air intake, Serbing exhaust, polished manifold, ACS engine cover, some internal parts mirror polished, Superchip, ACS Type 3 18" alloys, E36 ajustable M3 GT spoiler, White M3 Evo Vader seats with grey pipework, M3 gearstick and gaiter, M3 handbrake, M3 steering wheel, Pioneer head unit, standard Harmon Cardon speakers.

Corrado VR6 Highline. 2.9 12v Block, Schrick cams and pulleys, Carbonio cold air intake, Supersprint exhaust, Big Bore Throttle Body, 6-branch manifold, Polished rocker cover, GIAC Chip, Uprated engine mounts, The Phirm Quick Shift, KW Variante 2 Coilovers, Standard Quaiffe diff and passive rear wheel steering, Recaro black leather interior, Momo 280mm Challange wheel, Pioneer head unit, Fostgate speakers, Phoenix Gold components, All rubbing strips removed, standard Dragon Green pearl paint, debadged FK front grille, Colour Coded rear badge, VR6 badge deleted, Corrado badge deleted, 7.5x16 BBS RM alloys, magnesium centres and titanium bolts, polished lip, 5% tints all round.

My heart says Corrado and S2, and my head is inclined to agree, even though the S2 is suffering from chronic overfueling and clutches and brakes are starting to become expensive to maintain...
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

E36 and Audi would be my picks. Both of high german engineering and great quality. expensive cars too. VW not so much high quality, and as volkswagen says it is a "peoples' car" which means easy to afford and maintain. so i'd keep your high enders. not to mention the money made if you sold it could help you fix up your beamer more. 8)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Depends how often you can get to a track really as to whether Id keep the Audi. With 263 duration cams, thats not really a town driver, and I would imagine that youre running quite a beefy clutch, again making daily driving a pain in the bumbum.

With that in mind, Id say Corrado and E36. If youre near a track, ditch the E36, the 328s were never amazing anyway, and the re-sale on something like that is never particularly high.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

@steelsnake00: Pics of all the cars would help alot to decide.
If I were you, I'd sell all the cars and buy a brand new Impreza WRX STi. mmmmh jammy :P :P

No, I'd keep the Audi (for grip) and BMW (for drifting)
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

beemer and audi
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Depends how often you can get to a track really as to whether Id keep the Audi. With 263 duration cams, thats not really a town driver, and I would imagine that youre running quite a beefy clutch, again making daily driving a pain in the bumbum.
The things turning me against the Audi are the chronic overfueling on its current map (fantastic for the fuel economy and performance) and the weighty clutch. Moving to Reading entails alot of stop-start, so the clutch could begin to get tiresome. My head now says that the track car has reached the end of its useful road life, and should be sold onto someone who'd turn it into a track-only car. The only thing that stops me from walking away from it is the sheer finance and man hours that have been spent on the car.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

steelsnake00 wrote:The only thing that stops me from walking away from it is the sheer finance and man hours that have been spent on the car.
exactly why i said to keep it. would be a shame to lose something with all that hard work put into it. and it's not like you can't remove parts.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Sweet-16 wrote:
steelsnake00 wrote:The only thing that stops me from walking away from it is the sheer finance and man hours that have been spent on the car.
exactly why i said to keep it. would be a shame to lose something with all that hard work put into it. and it's not like you can't remove parts.
Well I could, I've kept all the original parts, but I don't want to go through all the effort.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

The hardest part of car ownership is knowing when to give up. :wink:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Shoosh ;)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Its a difficult decision, and one unfortunately close to my heart (had to make it twice now...). However, its best to quit while youre ahead. :D
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I think you're right Grez. I think I'm going to sell both the Audi and the BMW.
Keep the Corrado and start a new project when funds allow?
Got a few ideas playing around in my head, the main one being...
Euro-look E46 M3 or 330i... Yum.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Sounds like a plan. By the sounds of it, the Corrado will be enough to entertain you until you can start another project. :)
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

@steelsnake00: You're a very lucky guy.
And E46 M3 CSL :shock:

^Sparco^ will love it.

If you do get one, make it look like this :P
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

steelsnake00 wrote:I think you're right Grez. I think I'm going to sell both the Audi and the BMW.
Keep the Corrado and start a new project when funds allow?
Got a few ideas playing around in my head, the main one being...
Euro-look E46 M3 or 330i... Yum.
Hmm...ever considered a Jap car as a project, or are they not your cup of tea?

I'll be sad to see your Audi go, sounded like an awesome machine! :)
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I've never been a huge fan of Jap cars, I have friends with 500bhp+ 300ZX' and Mitsubushi GTO/3000GT's, but I've never seen the appeal myself.
I'm also tempted to step back a little older and go for a E36 M3 and turbo it, as I dont think I could live without boost for long.
However, I have seen a 2003 BMW M3 CSL in Sterling Silver with AP Racing 4-pots, a remap and 16k on the clock within my budget, and am very tempted to give it a try.

I can just imagine that with some tasty Carbon Fibre goodies and a nice raspy Schnitzer exhaust. I'm also having a peak at E39 M5's too!

@Dragster- White cars are a no-no; unless I decide to move to the US I don't want a white car as they just seem to look terrible in the UK atmosphere.

Return to “The Cars”