I cant beat Carbon (Final Boss)

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

If you use the performance breaks, a bit to left, the slightest bit to the Rear Bias, you have excelent breaking, even if you are already in a turn, it acts great! Well, that's what I used on my tuner cars, I only used Nissan, all the Career, started with 240SX, 350Z and finally Skyline
Lyrian
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lyrian »

danyutz wrote:If you use the performance breaks, a bit to left, the slightest bit to the Rear Bias, you have excelent breaking, even if you are already in a turn, it acts great! Well, that's what I used on my tuner cars, I only used Nissan, all the Career, started with 240SX, 350Z and finally Skyline
try same with car that goes faster than 250, accelrates faster than audi and turns like a train.
Its all about the american muscle
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I beat him on my 2nd try with a Lancer. (Fully tuned)

Try staying right next to the finish line if you can't get past him. I haven't tried it but it should work...
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

Buy Carrera GT, tune it for acceleration, and transsmision to top speed. You should have a killer ride for any type of race, except dirft. I blow his ass at 3rd try, and city run with at least 8sec space...

So much for Carbon (CRAP) difficulty
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

I made the race in town from 1st try ... but at the duel in the Canyons I played with Toyota Supra .. full tuned (specially GRIP tyres) .. From the 2nd try I have managed to make 135000 points in 1st round and at last round I won with 200 points ahead ... :lol: it was luck :lol:
Vita
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Vita »

I beat Darius yesterday. I'll admit it, I used a trainer for the sprint race, his car was fast and I only had the evo. However in Canyon for some bizzare reason he went around the middle bend slowly, and I overtook him, and won. Then I was all like pshhhh nigger plz and kicked him square in the chest.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Vita wrote:Trainers = :(
Vita wrote:I'll admit it, I used a trainer for the sprint race
:roll:
Nasadus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nasadus »

I used another method of doing those Canyon races. For one, i never release the throttle. I only use the handbrake to control my speed around the tighter bends. I found that this way i can keep up much easier than using just brakes wich slow me down too much and ruin my exit speed. Try it. One thing to note, i only used this method on AWD cars and i haven't tested how it works with RWD cars.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Vita wrote:I beat Darius yesterday. I'll admit it, I used a trainer for the sprint race, his car was fast and I only had the evo. However in Canyon for some bizzare reason he went around the middle bend slowly, and I overtook him, and won. Then I was all like pshhhh nigger plz and kicked him square in the chest.
I also had an Evo. You mean I can't beat him with an Evo? I'm not gonna use any exotics and muscle alright.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

PSZeTa wrote:I tried to ram myself in front of him in one of the first hairpins where you can fly off. He didn't move at all and all he did was push me away and overtake me again. :roll:
That is whats lame with NFS, the opponents car can ram you so you lose control over your car but you cant do the same to them. Totally stupid feature!
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

Use the Chevrolet. I took all of those races at the first try. Just get all the upgrades for the car. (all the races)

When you get to canyon overtake him in the first turn. Dont drive to fast just keep blocking him and there you have it. I think this probarly works with some exotic car, but I didn't manage to do it with a tuner :(

Good luck.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

I can't seem to survive with exotics or muscles, their cornering sucks big time. They just can't corner well, keeps understeering.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

...Or oversteering (muscle case)
I haven't defeated Darius yet i still have to beat the 3 loosers
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

In my opinion, muscles react to turns slowly, not oversteer. It still understeer.
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

ahmad0410 wrote:In my opinion, muscles react to turns slowly, not oversteer. It still understeer.
Woot? They turn like crazy (in a good way)

You just have to use a bit em a bit, then you'll get the hang of it.
Lyrian
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lyrian »

Maybe i should make a vid "how to do it" well i do it anyway even if you dont want :D
Lyrian
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lyrian »

Lyrian wrote:Maybe i should make a vid "how to do it" well i do it anyway even if you dont want :D
or not because i cant get back there, need to try quickrace then...
goohongzi
Stock
Stock

Post by goohongzi »

i use the chevorate 1st time, and second time, i ride a dorge
'93 Cobra
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by '93 Cobra »

i tried last night in a skyline. i did about 3 or 4 runs. i fell off twice :oops: , had the lead for 8 secs and he flew by me. :x the last time, i didn't have enough points. :evil: i'll probably try again today.
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Frenzy »

I can't seem to beat the 3 bosses in the sprint race. The canyon is easy as, but the street race I always lose at, wolf just pulls away around 50% and i just cant catch up! Any help?
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

Frenzy wrote:I can't seem to beat the 3 bosses in the sprint race. The canyon is easy as, but the street race I always lose at, wolf just pulls away around 50% and i just cant catch up! Any help?
Tha Canyon race they are talking about is after mate. You race the boss on his own in the canyon, that's the one they are talking about.
P4-2.8ghz-1gb ram-Radeon 256mb X800XT
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I've now beaten Career twice - if the Corvette Z06 doesn't suit you, you could try the McLaren SLR - beat all races on the first attempt with that car.
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

Well i've just come up against the boss for the first time, and i think it'll be the last time to be honest, i've had enough of it. I say first time, i don't mean i've quit at the first attempt.

I beat the canyon, then the other couple of races until you get to race the boss in the canyon dual. I lost a few on the way, but overall found it ok. Anyway, i race the dual and and lose the second of them so try again. No problem here, i didn't expect it to be too easy. So i try again and lose, so what, just try again.

Then the game crashes! :shock:

So i load up and have to race the other races again before i get to the final dual again. Ok, my patience is wearing a bit thin, but i'm near to finishing this game. So i do the races and meet the boss again. The game loads and the boss is nowhere in sight? For some reason i'm still on the street as if i was in free roam, but the timer is counting down to say i've fallen behind, even though we never had the rolling start and i'm not even in the canyon?

So ok, put that down to ANOTHER bug and try again.

I lose,
and lose,
and lose,
and lose.

I start to make a note of my canyon points.

I'm improving, but still can't win, because my car just isn't fast enough. I can't make it to 50% because he always overtakes me and my car cannot catch up. I even got so frustrated i used the 17+ trainer to give me 999,999,999 canyon points, but like i say, that doesn't matter, because his car is so much faster. He just simply overtakes me and i can't catch up.

So i'm frustrated, i'm angry and i've had enough. But i don't give in!

I need a faster car than the lambo, so i go to the car lot to buy something faster and with better handling. Ok, i'll have to do all the races again to get to the boss, but it's my only hope if i'm to match the speed of that car. Damn, i need to sell one of my eight cars in the garage. Not a problem. I sell my DB9 as i've hardly used it. Then get the message my garage is full and i need to sell a car. WTF? So i do that, i sell my Elise. Then get the message that my garage is full. WTF? I have 6 cars in my garage, it's not full. So i sell my RX7, and guess what? See if you can guess! Yep, MY GARAGE IS NOT FREAKING FULL, but the damn game tells me it is!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So even though i've unlocked the Viper, Skyline, Mercedes and the lot. I can't buy one and i'm stuck with the Lambo which just isn't fast enough to beat the boss.

So as of now, i've finished with NFSC. I'm annoyed, bored and fed up of its many bugs.
P4-2.8ghz-1gb ram-Radeon 256mb X800XT
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Remember, if Darius hits you, you score 5.000 points. If you drive next to him, you will score constant 5.000 points! In this way I managed to beat him (yeah I know it's not fair :P).
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I beat him using a Skyline (didn't max the nitrous or tires). Key to beating him is to go slow on the turns. Hand brake is very useful in the hairpin turns. I racked up 130 000 points in the first leg to beat him. You gain most of your points turning faster than him in the first leg and keep most of your points when pulling away from him after the apex of the turns.

Unfortunately, I had to beat him using automatic transmission because the shift down button on my steering wheel crapped out on me last night. :(

Return to “Help & Support”