Your Thoughts about NFSC...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Actually some kits ive seen in NFS series do exist in rl....
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

hexicon wrote:
fasttasf wrote: I'm sure I was more disappoined than you are no matter how disappointed you are now....If you really like a game, you naturally take more time to find everything about it and look at the negatives, I have to say we are the really important customers that EA needs.
You seem very full of yourself if you believe you can be the most disappointed person about this game. I don't mind people bringing up some negative aspects of the game but the final comment about really liking a game and looking for the negatives. I try not to focus on the negatives. I try to focus on the positives. You don't even seem to bring up any positives about NFSC. I agree that the rubber-banding AI is frustrating but that is another reason why I use the Scout to show me the shortcuts. I have won many games just by taking the alleyways. I am into the last zone and it is very hard but I just unlocked the Vette. Look out, here I come!
You should read more of all threads and see what I say about the game. I don't care about the AI for opponents in actual racing, they are all too slow no matter what; what I'm not happy about is the cops that come out too often too early, that you are only testing your performance tuning for 20 seconds and the cops come out, then you have to either jump to the safe house or spend 5 mins to get rid of them. I'm very full of myself? maybe, you'd better watch out when racing online, I'm gonna smoke you with no mercy, I'm not using fasttasf online (my ea account name is different, and there's no way I can create an alias as in MW as far as I can see), I hope you are called hexicon online.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

my opinion about the game ... Autosculpt it's good(not PERCECT) , the vinyls section is AWESOME , ingame handling , gfx and sound are very good , about the carrer , the storyline is too short and the thing that I HATE SO MUCH in the game it's that they added a section of cars that can't be modified such as camaro '07 , m3 and other ..... that s**ks man ... OVERALL RATING is 8.5

EDIT : They forgot to add VW Golf IV GTI or BITURBO versions ... is a great car to tune .... imo :roll:
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I haven't tuned much cars.. But do you really have to put the vinyls on both sides!? That's taking ages to get one vinyl to the other side. Is there a fast way?
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

I think only the aftermarket vinyls ;)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Rolly{ROM} wrote:EDIT :BITURBO versions ... is a great car to tune .... imo :roll:
there is Golf biturbo?! I thought that from the Audi/VW concern, the TT is the oonly biturbo engine
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Tyrant wrote:I haven't tuned much cars.. But do you really have to put the vinyls on both sides!? That's taking ages to get one vinyl to the other side. Is there a fast way?
Rolly{ROM} wrote:I think only the aftermarket vinyls ;)
Yup, except for aftermarket vinyls (what used to be decals in earlier games) all vinyls can be mirrored (well, body vinyls obviosly not) so that they appear on both sides. Aftermarket being text would be no good mirrored (unless you want to do Japanese style) so those you need to push over the car and then rotate around. Takes a bit of time yes.
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

vellu yup you`re right :D

Offtopic - danyutz yes there is Golf IV R32 HGP Biturbo ;)
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

not as good as most wanted

Post by hugh750 »

Carbon has bugs that sometimes crash and send you back to the desktop, Plus the cop's chatter when they chase you (they don't say what street or road your on like they did in most wanted), Plus the random gang attacks on you territory is annoying.
EA needs to come out with a patch or a addon that fixes those issues. :cry:
l2k
Ricer
Ricer

Post by l2k »

Abrams wrote:Actually some kits ive seen in NFS series do exist in rl....
yap right :) I believe there are some veilside spoiler inside there. It would be way cool if they get all licensed kit in real life and put in the game. However, this would restrict to tuner cars, imo, there is no body kits exists for exotics like carrera GT or old muscles :lol: Unless a custom make one
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Rolly{ROM} wrote:vellu yup you`re right :D

But there isn't a Biturbo version made by Volkswagen itself.
The R32 never was build with a twin turbo kit.
Only aftermarket ones.

Same for Audi that use the same engine, Audi never made a 3.2 Biturbo for the TT or A3, A4 etc.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Skyline_man wrote:Ok, now that i have finished the game 100 %, i can give my review...

Storyline:

Storyline was cool, but the actors werent that good, escpecially that stupid Darius, Razor Callahan PWNED him in NFSMW, Cross is cool but apparently he just said about 10 sentences or less in the storyline. :roll: , Emannuelle was great, much better actor than Josie maran imo. overall the storyline was average.

Career:

Damn too short, i finished it in less than 8 hours while spending quite some time autosculpting my rides. Races are too easy too, even the bosses were driving crap.

Crew:

Useless, only liked the drafter, especially in Speedtrap races, gives you a nice boost of speed before the speed checkpoint, scouts are stupid, most of the time i'm the one who leads and he is supposed to be the one who guides me through the shortcuts :roll: ... Blockers sometimes block me instead of opponents.

Challenge series:

Not challenging as NFSMW's challenge series, they were still fun though.

Cops:

I loved the new AI of cops, they were much smarter than last year, and it was actually difficult to get away from them, level 8 heat was almost impossible to get away from. 8)

Cars:

Great cars, loving the different handling of each class, but disappointed that i couldnt use lots of cars in career mode, i mean i would have loved to play with the MR2, AE86, M3, but they were not there, and the Skyline got unlocked after i beated Darius. :?

Customization:

Part 1; Kits Autsculpting: A "one big lie" all i can say, you cant autosculpt the car in anyway you want like some of the EA dudes said :roll: , you are just given some ugly EA kits and you have 2 options; make them more ugly, or make them less ugly....is it hard to have some licensed bodykits EA ? :roll:

Part 2; Vinyls Autosculpting: Outstanding !!, there you can actually make millions of different combinations, lots of vinyl types and options, also having the ability to add 20 layers of vinyls make the vinyls customization so deep....that is the best thing in NFSC imo.

Graphics/Performance and Sounds:

Graphics are awesome, screw the PC demo, it looked like crap, the final game looks much better and polished, loving the fact that the game looks more like NFSU1 in some places like chinatown which i loved, performance aint that great though, the game runs with everything maxed out (except motion blur=off) on 1024x768 averaging 25-30 FPS, if compared to NFSMW...that would be half the FPS i got in it, however 20+ FPS cant be noticed, so i had no lag problems while racing.

Sounds are great as always, they are improved over NFSMW, some car sounds are just outstanding, a full tuned RX-7/Skyline is a beast, as well as the M3 GTR, muscles also have great roars.

Overall, the game is slightly improved over NFSMW, too short; i cant beleive i finished the whole game in less than 3 days, but as always still fun to play.

Overall rating: 7.8/10
agree with every single word... perfect review :D
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

The Skyline is under the bottom subterritory, in the Red Area. I have played those 3 races 1st, as fast as I could, for the precious Skyline.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

TheStig wrote:Same for Audi that use the same engine, Audi never made a 3.2 Biturbo for the TT or A3, A4 etc.
That's what I knew, I think I expressed myself wrong
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

danyutz wrote:
TheStig wrote:Same for Audi that use the same engine, Audi never made a 3.2 Biturbo for the TT or A3, A4 etc.
The Audi R8 (Le Mans is a concept) will use an engine lifted from the RS4 according to audi in Paris Motor Show last month, it has a top speed of not more than 190 mph (187mph as I remember), it is a serious contender to porsche 911, but is no where near the very top of super cars. It also has 4WD, quite why the canadian/american developers thought it's better than the Porsche GT, Lambo, Ford GT, Merc SLR is just incomprehensible, let alone making it better than the mighty bmw track car. The R8 drives like a 4WD car as it should but turns like a RWD car, which is even more mind boggling, it sounds like having a super long gear ratio at corners but accelerates faster than others apart from the corvette, another strange thing.

Since realism is nothing more than a marketing bias for EA's acrade racing god, I guess they should like the following idea, why don't EA give the players the choice to choose one and only one car that they really like to be the best car in their own game? The only thing they need to do is develop a physics model that's best amongst all cars, and allow you to select the shell (the car body) for this chasis, you only have one chance to make your selection and that's it. That should be cool!

By the way, if you don't like my comment, don't read it.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

TheStig wrote:If carbon is the best racing game ever, you never played a real racing game.
Finally someone with brain.
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

fasttasf wrote:
danyutz wrote:
The Audi R8 (Le Mans is a concept) will use an engine lifted from the RS4 according to audi in Paris Motor Show last month, it has a top speed of not more than 190 mph (187mph as I remember), it is a serious contender to porsche 911, but is no where near the very top of super cars. It also has 4WD, quite why the canadian/american developers thought it's better than the Porsche GT, Lambo, Ford GT, Merc SLR is just incomprehensible, let alone making it better than the mighty bmw track car. The R8 drives like a 4WD car as it should but turns like a RWD car, which is even more mind boggling, it sounds like having a super long gear ratio at corners but accelerates faster than others apart from the corvette, another strange thing.

Since realism is nothing more than a marketing bias for EA's acrade racing god, I guess they should like the following idea, why don't EA give the players the choice to choose one and only one car that they really like to be the best car in their own game? The only thing they need to do is develop a physics model that's best amongst all cars, and allow you to select the shell (the car body) for this chasis, you only have one chance to make your selection and that's it. That should be cool!

The new R8 is really nice machine, there is already a long waiting list, and much better value than say C6. But I dissagree with price, for 10 000€ less you get a fully equiped M5, and 10 000€ more M6. It's not good that Audi competes with Porsche, after all Audi isn't a "sport cars" only badge. If you ask me, they should compete with BMW, because the range of vehicles is almost identical. And don't forget that in few months a new M3 is going to come out with only 20 hp less, and you can expect a price round 80 000 €.

To admins: sorry for going off topic.
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

Abrams wrote:it was a joke actually ^^

well, as for the original post, why is it so bad? online? career? awards?
If you mean Carbon, you are gonna like the game, not love. I think only NFS fans can enjoy Carbon. But I'm also NFS fan, and honesty, I puke on Carbon. This game is seriously set-back, Almost everything except sound effects is far behind MW. Grafics are slow and colours are messed up, wait, there are non. Really, Carbons city is so bad made, nothing is memorable. But, read my post with review and you'll see what's wrong. DON'T believe the hype! Just for illustration, I played MW (through carrer) at least 6 times, would play it 4 times more, but Carbon, forget it, I already uninstalled it and I ain't gonna install it again. As for the next NFS, I'm gonna be super carefull!!!
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

TheStig wrote:
Rolly{ROM} wrote:vellu yup you`re right :D

But there isn't a Biturbo version made by Volkswagen itself.
The R32 never was build with a twin turbo kit.
Only aftermarket ones.

Same for Audi that use the same engine, Audi never made a 3.2 Biturbo for the TT or A3, A4 etc.

you`re right but all I want to say is that the VW Golf IV biturbo exists :))
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

SuperString wrote:
fasttasf wrote:
danyutz wrote: That's what I knew, I think I expressed myself wrong

The new R8 is really nice machine, there is already a long waiting list, and much better value than say C6. But I dissagree with price, for 10 000€ less you get a fully equiped M5, and 10 000€ more M6. It's not good that Audi competes with Porsche, after all Audi isn't a "sport cars" only badge. If you ask me, they should compete with BMW, because the range of vehicles is almost identical. And don't forget that in few months a new M3 is going to come out with only 20 hp less, and you can expect a price round 80 000 €.

To admins: sorry for going off topic.
Agree. I just wonder why EA boasts so much about giving players the ultimate customisation and then comes out with something that you can't do nothing about such as the quick race only cars. Plus, since it's an acrade game as many here keep reminding you untill you feel sick (literally), why can't they just let us choose which car is the best? What's the point of having a so-called massive on-line game when all you can use to win is the Le Mans? The beauty of MW is precisely that it allows you to customise the performance of your favorite car to an almost equal level to the best pre-tuned car. Don't give the nonsense that "the game is not about racing and performance", I simply give those saying that the following points:

1. What's the name of the game series?
2. Why does EA put so much effort in producing a massively detailed database for online-play records? It's not about how stupid your crappy shopping trolley looks, is it?!
3. Why having the performance tuning option if it's not about speed and performance?

Well, if you answered these questions, you should know hat how nice your car looks is just a minor plus to what your car can actually do. I always laugh my ass off when I see some boyracer driving a 1.4 that has a bodykit the size of titanic and flashes millions of stupid lights of all colours in existence and with exhausts sound like jet fighter BUT actually goes more like a chicken.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

MW imo was too hard tho. I myself passed in once and felt rather tired. Cheating AI that fly thru 120 degree turns without slowing down, carmaggedon (like someone said) style driving when need to get bounty high enough....
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

Abrams wrote:MW imo was too hard tho. I myself passed in once and felt rather tired. Cheating AI that fly thru 120 degree turns without slowing down, carmaggedon (like someone said) style driving when need to get bounty high enough....
Well, maybe I'm a geek, I refused to use trainer of any sort for MW, so to test all possibilities and get different cars fully installed with unique performance parts, I completed the game 3 times in a week, can't remember how many times intotal in the past year. I earned all my money from the Industrial and Bristol track (25,000), and perhaps that's why I'm a bit dissappointed about Carbon. Got the game last Friday evening, and 6 hours later early Saturday morning, everything done, just don't get the same excitement that you get from Most Wanted.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
nismodriftster95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: On my Recaro racing seats blowing past the Cornado bridge in San Diego Califorinia!!

Post by nismodriftster95 »

OK OK, maybe not the best ever, but it is in the top. #1 is definetly GTA.

Just kidding, the best is GT4.
"Slower cars are friends, not food" Finding Nismo ;)
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

I think the games really good and I enjoy (omg! lets flame him! : I will not bother to read "flame posts directed at me") carbon, though it seems a little too quick, im 27% through the game already and only bought it a few hours ago. I think carbon is just so much fun and underaprricaited. (or however it is spelt)
nismodriftster95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: On my Recaro racing seats blowing past the Cornado bridge in San Diego Califorinia!!

Post by nismodriftster95 »

I dont think Carbon sucks. What is wrong with it? People take things for granted. Hell, remember Galaga? Compare that to games now. Back then, people deidnt have storylines, or custimization or liscensed cars. Anyone that flames someone for liking it is messed up.
"Slower cars are friends, not food" Finding Nismo ;)

Return to “Carbon”