NFS C: Problems with the Savegames

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS C: Problems with the Savegames

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

Read here som` info about the savegames from >>> http://www.nfs-planet.de

As you may already heard from our discussion boards or news comments: There are some problems with the savegames of Need for Speed Carbon. Actually every savegame contains the CD-Key of the game which created the file, which is quite a security risk and also a reason why we haven't put any savegames online yet.

If you want to know more: If you open a savegame with a hex-editor you can find a 20 characters between the hex-offset 0000003c and 00000050 which is the CD key.
To use foreign savegames you either have to replace this code, or update the cd key of your NFS Carbon to match with the one in the savegame file.. Both not a good solution, but maybe EA will fill this security hole with a patch.

Please be patient, we're trying to upload some savegames soon.

:wink:
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

All I can say is that we have to wait ... :(
edasx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by edasx »

well i posted this news on my site quite a long time ago... =) i couldn't even remember =))

and in case u r looking for the keys in savegames... u can use my tool to find out if u don't like using the hexeditor...
edasx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by edasx »

lol i actually posted it on 3rd nov =)))
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

so what's your problem ? I saw that here isn't posted .... hold the words for your woosy friends coz I don't need `em!! :roll:

Return to “Carbon”