Before i buy NFSC...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
CARvett2004
Ricer
Ricer

Before i buy NFSC...

Post by CARvett2004 »

I need to know if they went back to UG2 setup styles or if its the same crap as in most wanted. I swear that the cars in MW dont hadle like a car.
flyiNz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flyiNz »

It's pretty hard to explain how the cars handle.. But carbon is different from MW
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

I think he means if you can setup the car like in U2 (Dyno setup) or as in MW (no dyno.... :cry: )
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Performance "tuning" is similar to MW, though it feels they now have more effect for example, if you tune your tires (what ever the heck that might mean in real life?!) for grip, you really notice it while driving.

Handling is now dependant on car class. Muscles have high acceleration, but tend to drift a lot in corners Tuners have excellent handling, takes corners on rails. Exotics are all about the top speed.
CARvett2004
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CARvett2004 »

Thats to bad. If they had gone back to letting us set spring rates, ride hight ect. maybe i would have gone to get NFSC. The driving physics in MW pissed me off they were so bad. :evil: They need to stop porting Xbox game to the PC with out any other work. Using a wheel does me no good when the driving is setup on a software level for a Xbox or PS controler. Thanks for saving me 40+ bucks.
Ill go play my GTR2. :wink:
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

By the way, you can fix ride height.
flyiNz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flyiNz »

Ride height is only for the looks though :wink:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

CARvett2004 wrote:Thats to bad. If they had gone back to letting us set spring rates, ride hight ect. maybe i would have gone to get NFSC. The driving physics in MW pissed me off they were so bad. :evil: They need to stop porting Xbox game to the PC with out any other work. Using a wheel does me no good when the driving is setup on a software level for a Xbox or PS controler. Thanks for saving me 40+ bucks.
Ill go play my GTR2. :wink:
NFS games have NEVER been simulations, and in my opion they shouldn't even try to be. If you want ultra-realism GTR2 is indeed a very good choice.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

vellu wrote:NFS games have NEVER been simulations, and in my opion they shouldn't even try to be. If you want ultra-realism GTR2 is indeed a very good choice.
totally agree, you want "realistic" racing, get race-sims such as gtr2, live for speed, and any of the formula 1 titles. nfs is all about having instant fun with minimal setup.
-woof-Like-c6
Ricer
Ricer

Post by -woof-Like-c6 »

yeah well i havent got the game since i see in the demo the car handles better to compare with most wanted but muscles exotics and tuners they all have diff handling. For me i had 430 000 points on drifting with exotic
CARvett2004
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CARvett2004 »

-woof-Like-c6 wrote:yeah well i havent got the game since i see in the demo the car handles better to compare with most wanted but muscles exotics and tuners they all have diff handling. For me i had 430 000 points on drifting with exotic
I dont expect a simulation out of NFS. The simple truth is I want the cars to handle like a car, not like a boat. With as much development that suposidly went into this game (if you ask me MW and NFSC run the same engine with a few tweaks) we need to expect more of a driving experiance. From what ive read the experiance is fairly wishy-washy.
edasx
Ricer
Ricer

spyware =(

Post by edasx »

before you buy...

...you should also be aware of the spyware bundled into NFS Carbon

Return to “Carbon”