Dificulty to drive muscle cars...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
geese howard
Ricer
Ricer

Dificulty to drive muscle cars...

Post by geese howard »

I cannot drive any muscle car...it accelerates fast, but in curves i always lost rear control, and i can´t return...
I try to made changes in suspension and tires, without success.

Can you give any tricks to solve this problem?

Sorry for my bad english.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i can easily use them without problems, except for maybe if i hit a wall a wrong way, and it flips over. (mainly shelby gt500)
Last edited by Fishwhiz on 15 Nov 2006, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Use the handbrake at turns if you're going hi-speed.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

as ive always said muscle cars only go in a straight line =P but the way to drive it is to power slide it by down shifting at corners while keeping the revs up on the limiter.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

and just because they handle bad doesnt mean they suck. ive easily beasted half the game with the camaro and dodge charger r/t. well, it may be that muscle cars dont fit your style of driving like it does mine.
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Muscle cars are not hard to drive, just different. The trick with muscle cars, is not to panic if they step out, much the same as if you were driving them on the road. If you feel the rear end start to drift slightly, just hold the power to it, and always keep the front wheels pointing the direction you want to go. 9/10 times they will just power straight again
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Muscle cars are heavier, which is why they can be a challenge to control. You just have to practice, that's all. And don't be afraid to use the E-brake when it comes to drifting with one of them.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

prince1142003 wrote:Muscle cars are heavier, which is why they can be a challenge to control. You just have to practice, that's all. And don't be afraid to use the E-brake when it comes to drifting with one of them.
in fact theyre probably the only car class you can use the e-brake with. when i try the e-brake on the exotics and the tuners, they just kinda skid instead of stepping out when turning which i find a little dissapointing because that was not the case in nfsmw.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

All valid advices. I myself hardly ever use the e-brake (unless I'm making a 180), instead (with muscles) I just shift down when enterin a corner. That's usually enough start the slide. After that it's just delicate throttle control not to over do it.

If you don't slide with a muscle you have to slow down much much more in order to make the turn (due to heavier car).

Practice, practice, practice....
l2k
Ricer
Ricer

Post by l2k »

When the muscle cars start to slide, try to counter steer and stop the sliding. In fact, they are not bad in turning, at least better than exotics which understeer alot. My way of driving the muscles are: shift down --> slide until the car head points out from the corner--> vrooom !
BAS231187
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BAS231187 »

i like muscles. because u have to play with the throttle. unlike tuners where u just turn in and the car goes. and exotics where ur on the breaks cos of under stear. to properly drive the muscles u got play with the handbreak the throttle and the stearing. great fun and with a bit of practise they are just as manouvarable as any the tuners. but LOADS faster :twisted: . i managed to over take the audi befor getting to the first corner in the canyon race. he ran in to the back of me and i led the way for 10 secs easy
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Muscle cars are easily my favourite type in the game.

Try turning the GRIP up to full when you get new tyres... makes a hell of a difference!
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

anyone here driven the viper in carbon. the difference between the carbon viper and MW viper is like night and day. the carbon viper handles horribly but i still like it :lol:
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

Here's a few things that might help:

Most of the 'heavyweight' muscle cars (IE: the ones with a performance advantage over others in their class) such as the Chrysler 500, Dodge Charger and Plymouth Hemicuda behave a bit more roughly than the tamer, crapper muscle cars (generally the modern ones like the Mustang GT, Challenger Concept and the Charger 2006). When you get one of these, put their tires on 'grip', otherwise, leave the tires in the middle otherwise it will actually have the opposite effect you want and instead make turning harder.

The above seems a little counterintuitive but it's actually the case - since every muscle car in the game (TMK) is RWD, you need to powerslide around corners at high speed. To powerslide, you'll need to coax the car into skidding. And, obviously, if your tires grip the road like glue, you're going to fly into the nearest wall like a shopping trolley.

Use of nitrous to control a muscle car is suprisingly useful as it will allow you to 'shove' the car in the direction its' nose is facing. If you find yourself fishtailing, tap nitrous for about half a second and you'll suddenly straighten out. Nitrous abuse can also make muscle cars go through corners extremely quickly, read below.

When you come into a curve, enter it from about the middle of the road and let off the gas as you turn, then tap nitrous or accelerate (or both) as you line up with the next section of the road through the turn. If done correctly, you will fly through the turn even faster than a tuner car can take one. You should not need to E-break unless you're entering a hairpin.

Due to the huge acceleration of higher end cars like the Hemicuda, you can also often come out best through a corner if you don't brake at any point, as the superior acceleration will allow you to go through the corner at a higher average speed.

And as a last note, remember that you're driving a muscle car - it's made of steel while your enemies are made of plastic and carbon fiber. If somebody pulls up beside you, simply sideswipe them and they'll get launched off into space. Likewise, you can make roadblocks by shoving soccer moms' minivans and SUVs - even a head-on collision will only take off about 5 MPH from your car and send the drone vehicle into a spin.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I've found that with the older muscle cars you can get them sideways and powerslide them round even the tighter corners with ease once you get use to how they handle.
The exception is the Shelby GT500, this seems to act more sporadicly then the others and grip more. Anyone got any advice on how to get the most out of it?
ScreweD DuDe
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ScreweD DuDe »

c'mon they r just lovely , u know , just "drive it like u stole it" however any of u guys won a canyon with a muscle any muscle difficulty Medium or hard of course?????
coen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coen »

dude... its very easy... dont race musscles..
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

For canyon races you should use the Challenger Concept. Handles like an Exotic.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

the prototype challenger hardly handles like an exotic, at least for me what are you tire and suspension settings on ? IMO the best handling muscle is the corvette. what does everybody think is the best all around car interms of speed handling and acceleration. ive been looking for the perfect racing car besides the audi and bmw but all i can find is the skyline which isnt particularly fast
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

I'd say the Koenigsegg, but if you use it you'll find good reason why it can only be accessed in quickrace. It has the speed of most wanted's murcielago with the turning of most wanted's elise.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

@ Dagon i read your earlier post above regarding muscle cars, and let me see if im getting this right to make the viper for example handle better you want the grip setting of the tires in the middle ? i have the tire settings on max grip
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Muscle is awsome, beasts.
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

You'll wanna test to see if the car is 'heavy' first. Try going entering a 'wide' 90 degree turn letting off the gas and turning sideways with tires set to grippy.

If you hear your car's tires squeel and you pull through the turn smoothly, your car's heavy and you should leave them on grippy. If your car doesn't squeel much at all and ends up smashing into the wall, your cars' normal weight and you should put them on mid.

The Viper seems to be an exception since it's a pig but it's not heavy either - grippy tires turn it into a torpedo. I'd suggest modifing the suspension instead, and pumping your brakes slightly on entering a corner - as grippy tires are wholly useless and remove your ability to drift.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

wouldnt the hemi cuda be considered " heavy" i find that when the tires are on grip you can turn but you will still go straight into a wall. btw has anyone tried the 67' shelby gt500 ? very good drift car
Race_Fury
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Race_Fury »

can u post a pic of it?

Return to “Carbon”