A daylight in NFS Carbon??

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
vele
Ricer
Ricer

A daylight in NFS Carbon??

Post by vele »

Can we use some files from most wanted to make a daylight in carbon to replace the sky or change the lightning or something, I am no expert but it is an idea because the graphics looks so similar( THe NFSMW and NFSC)?????
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

NFSC & NFSMW were done at the same time, that is why they look "similiar". But no, atm we can't exchange the sky from NFSC/NFSMW, only NFSU2.
coredump
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coredump »

We can change sky in NFSU2 ?!?
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

Yeah, but looks crappy and very pixelated.
BenGAMES
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BenGAMES »

NFSC & NFSMW were made at the same time ?!?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I don't know where you guys are getting this information that Most Wanted and Carbon were made at the same time.

I know I read in the nfscars.net forums (whose owner had been invited to a special EA conference) that EA had started work on Carbon after Underground. U2 was a game to make more money. Most Wanted was a test of the cop scenario and the graphics engine. It was also a test of the new video capture technology. Fact is, Carbon has been in development for a while. It's just that bits and pieces of it have been used in games since Underground for testing purposes.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

So all the last games made by EA were all tests??? Well it seems that the tests were a failure as Carbon is not what we expected
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I don't know about you, but Carbon has lived up to most of my expectations.

Yes, the last few games were tests by EA. They tested the market with Underground 2 (free roam) and Most Wanted (cops). Those features were probably already planned for Carbon, but EA made new games out of them so 1) they could get money and 2) they could test the market to see how successful they were.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

I wasn't refering to my self cuz i like Carbon (only thing is that it has random crashes and Career its self is short [without reward cards i mean])

Return to “Editing”