NFS Carbon Drift Highscores

Need for Speed Carbon competitions, challenges, best times and high scores!
DriftShadow
Stock
Stock

Post by DriftShadow »

Hmm, I'm quite a drift enthusiast myself, and hook myself onto the Skyline and drift on Main Street for 3 hours continuously. I've no problems getting past 1 mil. I usually score about 1.5-1.7 mil. Now, I was looking at the scoreboards, and there're like, 4 million... I'm not saying I'm the best around here. I'm not. Obviously, But playing drift tracks, I get about 1.8mil on a single drift down Golden Valley only, and on Main Streets, staying most of my time on the yellow areas and maintaining good speed, I still get about... 1.5mil.

I'm using the PC version, with keyboard. I own the Momo wheel but found arcade racers handle better with keyboard. Now the question really is, am I missing something? I'm puzzled by these 4 mil drifts...

And last question, the drift score system for the consoles and PC... are they different? Sorry... Just... alittle puzzled.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

AFAIK the scoring systems are pretty much identical between consoles and PC. As for the high drift scores, I suck too much at drift to give you a decent answer.
itay1r
Ricer
Ricer

Post by itay1r »

DriftShadow wrote:Hmm, I'm quite a drift enthusiast myself, and hook myself onto the Skyline and drift on Main Street for 3 hours continuously. I've no problems getting past 1 mil. I usually score about 1.5-1.7 mil. Now, I was looking at the scoreboards, and there're like, 4 million... I'm not saying I'm the best around here. I'm not. Obviously, But playing drift tracks, I get about 1.8mil on a single drift down Golden Valley only, and on Main Streets, staying most of my time on the yellow areas and maintaining good speed, I still get about... 1.5mil.

I'm using the PC version, with keyboard. I own the Momo wheel but found arcade racers handle better with keyboard. Now the question really is, am I missing something? I'm puzzled by these 4 mil drifts...

And last question, the drift score system for the consoles and PC... are they different? Sorry... Just... alittle puzzled.
watch some drift vids and see what u r doing wrong or not good enough... the most important thing is the speed... even 5km/h can make a difference
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

@driftshadow
as you can see on the leaderboards my score @mainstreet is 3.7mil
i did this with an analogue gamepad
with keys i can barely get passed 1.5mil...

also.. the skyline is too slow for drift atleast imho
the scoring sytems is a bit lame, its all about speed
as the z06 is much faster than the skyline it can score better

i think using analogue controls keeps the speed up so gets better scores
i have tried using a wheel but that didnt work too well for me :lol:
DriftShadow
Stock
Stock

Post by DriftShadow »

Gee thanks man. I mean really it's cool to have a scoreboard leader reply to me. Haha. Thanks really.

Yeah I hear all the time that Carbon plays better with a gamepad. Woah, I didn't know it made that much of a difference. Well, that just means I'm gonna get one for myself then, but there're so many in the market! Any recommendations for a good pad? :P Haha.

Thanks.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

'logitech rumble pad 2' ftw :]
cybercrash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cybercrash »

didnt u guys know theres is someone that reach 7million? watch on you tube.

(Lol first post)
xxNEMO01xx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xxNEMO01xx »

DriftShadow wrote:Gee thanks man. I mean really it's cool to have a scoreboard leader reply to me. Haha. Thanks really.

Yeah I hear all the time that Carbon plays better with a gamepad. Woah, I didn't know it made that much of a difference. Well, that just means I'm gonna get one for myself then, but there're so many in the market! Any recommendations for a good pad? :P Haha.

Thanks.
Well the main problem is that a keyboard only knows 2 adjustments.. 1 = full gas (throttle) and 0 = no gas (throttle) An analogpad has adjustments between 1 and 255. So its easier to control throttle and steering..

But I know also a guy who drifts with keyboard and gets really good scores.. His name is Hightake.. 5,145,910 PTS at Mainstreet :D with a corvette..

BTW : YaelDjiel's recommendation with the "Logitech Rumble Pad 2" is also mine.. :D I'm using the same pad..
Evaxon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Evaxon »

xxNEMO01xx wrote:
Well the main problem is that a keyboard only knows 2 adjustments.. 1 = full gas (throttle) and 0 = no gas (throttle) An analogpad has adjustments between 1 and 255. So its easier to control throttle and steering..
I can understand how the analogue buttons and control sticks give you better control over speed and drifting angle round corners which will improve the speed you keep round corners and increase the scores you get.

However, I'm assuming that 1 on the keyboard is the same as 255 on the joypad and as such, using a joypad can't increase initial acceleration or overall top speed.

So my question is; how do you manage to get the Supra to 220mph before the first turn on Kinfes Edge?
xxNEMO01xx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xxNEMO01xx »

Well... Watch the video again and take a closer look. :D

It's km/h not mp/h :)

220 km/h are around 136 mp/h...
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i got 1,042,660 on a canyonn drift.

DARN! the pic is too big.
Evaxon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Evaxon »

xxNEMO01xx wrote:Well... Watch the video again and take a closer look. :D

It's km/h not mp/h :)

220 km/h are around 136 mp/h...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^ hehe :D

Fishwhiz why not attach the pic to your post?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ok ill edit and do that.

Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

My best drift is around 400,000. I maxed the x20 combo bonus and just kept going. I'll try to get the exact score but I'm not sure where I'll find it, any ideas? :)
xxNEMO01xx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xxNEMO01xx »

Fishwhiz wrote:i got 1,042,660 on a canyonn drift.

Well in the CE are 10 canyon drift tracks... should we guess which one it was ??
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

BTW : YaelDjiel's recommendation with the "Logitech Rumble Pad 2" is also mine.. :D I'm using the same pad..
I have to agree. I've been using a ps2 gamepad. I got a rumblepad2 for x-mas and all i can say is OMG. So yeah, I'm loving the rumblepad.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm, i also have a PS2 pad, but I remapped throttle/brake to the right stick. Still, I might have to look into this Rumblepad thingo if you say it's that much better..
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Hmm, i also have a PS2 pad, but I remapped throttle/brake to the right stick. Still, I might have to look into this Rumblepad thingo if you say it's that much better..
It makes a huge difference in drifting... Now I understand how people were making those turns that seemed imppossible to me before. I havent tried normal racing with it yet so cant comment there.
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

xxNEMO01xx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xxNEMO01xx »

Boosted420a wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:Hmm, i also have a PS2 pad, but I remapped throttle/brake to the right stick. Still, I might have to look into this Rumblepad thingo if you say it's that much better..
It makes a huge difference in drifting... Now I understand how people were making those turns that seemed imppossible to me before. I havent tried normal racing with it yet so cant comment there.

Yes its indeed a very huge difference.

This video from the demo was made with a ps2 pad.. The turns are really slow its nearly like the vid was made in slow motion.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCWGeWzYdU

I reinstall the demo tomorrow and make a video with the rumble pad . That will show the difference. The highest difference will be the score. :D:D
Last edited by xxNEMO01xx on 17 Jan 2007, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Looking forward to see the comparison. :)
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

Whooot! 7,000,000+

Knife's Edge, 7Mil+
Last edited by Boosted420a on 17 Jan 2007, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
xxNEMO01xx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xxNEMO01xx »

So here it is.. You'll see that the cornering goes faster. Also the score is nearly doubled.
:lol:

http://rapidshare.com/files/12060952/nf ... 7.avi.html

@ Boosted420a

Nice one ;)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm, yes I definitely see the difference in the two videos, but I'm not 100% convinced. Isn't it possible that the difference is due to poor calibration on the PS2 controller?

I mean when it comes down to it, the game accepts analogue steering input and translates that to the front wheels of the car model. The game has a certain range from full lock to full opposite lock, which is (or should be) mapped to the full extent of travel of the appropriate thumbstick on the controller. By this reasoning, if the controller is correctly calibrated, pushing the stick fully in one direction will turn the wheels to maximum lock - regardless of what brand of controller is used.

However, if the controller isn't properly calibrated, and full extent on the thumbstick actually only translates to (say) half lock on the car model, we'd end up with the problem you're describing, poor steering response.

Can you verify that your DS2 was properly calibrated before making the first video? Also, what controls were and are you using for accelerator and brake? The default buttons or did you remap these to the right thumbstick?

Aside from this, I dropped by a store today to give the Rumblepad the once over. Looks ok, but they only had a wireless version in stock, and I avoid anything wireless like the plague.. disconnects due to idle timeouts, interference, battery failures and all are completely unnecessary when I'm sitting right next to the PC anyway and all these problems don't exist with a wired controller.

End result, I had them order one in. We'll see how it goes.

Return to “Competitions”