Adobe Photoshop CS3 Beta out

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Beta out

Post by weedman173 »

The next version of photoshop is out and available for download from adobe's site. You have to register a free account on the site to download. Theres more info on the site.
Here's: whats needed to make the trial last longer than 2 days:
"A licensed copy of Photoshop CS2, Creative Suite 2, Production Studio, Adobe Web Bundle, or Adobe Video Bundle is required to use this technology beyond a two-day trial period."

Download
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

Tnx for the update :)
rollynlow
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rollynlow »

oh yea, i love it some things are easier but not too much has changed from cs2. so far that i can see is some tweeks to the gui and also to how things are formatted. but i have only had it for a couple of days, i just hope it doesnt turn out like cs1 (the king that almost made it)
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Is there a lot of change between CS2 & CS3, cuz other wise it wont be worth downloading |:
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I haven't seen any major changes, just the way the interface looks.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

t3ice wrote:Is there a lot of change between CS2 & CS3, cuz other wise it wont be worth downloading |:
What's there to change... :roll:
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

well I just ran into a bug when I was cutting out a car, it happened twice. While I was using the polygon lasso, the whole picture I was working on turned white and I couldn't see what I had to cut out and I had to make a few more clicks until it went back to normal but then parts of the toolbar on the left were gone. Good thing it's only a 2-day trial, I'll just stick with cs2 until a stable release of cs3 comes out.
Stylez
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stylez »

If its just an interface change, why dont they just make new skiins for it jeez.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

It's not just an interface change, there are some new features, but this is beta which means they are going to add more.

heres a list of just some of the changes:

Speed Application launch time is improved across Windows and Mac platforms, with the time it takes to launch Photoshop for the first time being cut the most dramatically on Intel-based Macs. While Photoshop CS2 already launches fairly quickly on Windows, both XP and Vista users (especially Vista users) will notice that the Photoshop CS3 beta is open for business in less time than it takes to have a sip of coffee.
Once the program is launched, however, the real beneficiaries of the speed improvements are Intel Mac owners. Adobe's Nack cited a performance jump of 40% relative to CS2, which is an overall figure derived from testing 250 Photoshop operations on a 3GHz Mac Pro. We'll provide some performance numbers of our own tomorrow, but for now it's safe to say that Adobe's 40% figure grossly understates how much faster the program feels, and how much faster it can plough through intensive operations such as running the Smart Sharpen filter on a 16-bit EOS-1Ds Mark II file.
For the Intel Mac crowd, the number one feature of the Photoshop CS3 beta is speed.
Camera Raw 4 Photoshop CS3 beta sports a new version of the Camera Raw plug-in. The changes will look familiar to those who have been processing RAW files in the Photoshop Lightroom betas.

Quick Selection Tool Think of this as the 2007 version of the Magic Wand tool, and this time it's truly magical in how it knows where to lay down the path of marching ants around an object. Another new feature, called Refine Edge, enables a selection to be fine-tuned and previewed more effectively than before.
Better Curves Curves has received a makeover that includes the ability to save presets that are choosable from a popup menu inside the Curves window.
Smart Filters This feature is a close cousin to Adjustment Layers. Smart Filters enable one or more filters to be applied to a layer, where the filter settings are stored with the layer and can be re-adjusted later or the filtering can be undone completely. For instance, it's possible to apply Smart Sharpen to a layer via Smart Filters, and subsequently change the amount of sharpening or undo the sharpening altogether. It's also possible to choose a blending mode; to apply Smart Sharpen just to image luminance, for example.
Refined interface New palette and toolbar displays options enable better use of available screen real estate, especially when using the program on a single display.
Revamped print window The main Print window is the former Print with Preview, and now includes a colour-managed preview of the picture to be printed, with the option to soft-proof the preview as well, plus there are window layout changes and other minor tweaks.

There's plenty more that's new, including a dedicated black-and-white conversion filter, enhanced Photomerge function with improved automatic alignment and blending of frames in a panorama, optional automatic layer alignment, improved merging of multiple exposures into a high-dynamic range image plus a new version of Bridge, called Bridge CS3.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Smart Filters : This feature is a close cousin to Adjustment Layers. Smart Filters enable one or more filters to be applied to a layer, where the filter settings are stored with the layer and can be re-adjusted later or the filtering can be undone completely. For instance, it's possible to apply Smart Sharpen to a layer via Smart Filters, and subsequently change the amount of sharpening or undo the sharpening altogether. It's also possible to choose a blending mode; to apply Smart Sharpen just to image luminance, for example.

Now thats a neat feature :)
underoath285
Drift King
Drift King

Post by underoath285 »

rollynlow wrote: so far that i can see is some tweeks to the gui

screen shots?

Return to “Creativity Board”