Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I feel bad and good. Good knowing that people know me, bad that he's just a theif. He doesnt deserve to be an admin if he cant even get his own sig
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Just because he stole your sig doesn't mean he knows you.

He wasn't even smart enough to take your name off. :roll:
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Well your name is still on it, but technically it is not stealing because it is not copyrighted in any way which means that if someone else uses it, there is nothing you can do except register an account and ask to remove it.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Orly?
U.S. Copyright Office wrote:Copyright Protection Is Automatic

Under the present copyright law, which became effective January 1, 1978, a work is automatically protected by copyright when it is created... ...Neither registration in the Copyright Office nor publication is required for copyright protection under the present law...

...Copyright protects original “pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works,” which include two-dimensional and threedimensional works of fine, graphic, and applied art.

Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including “pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works.” The owner of copyright in a work has the exclusive right to make copies, to prepare derivative works, to sell or distribute copies, and to display the work publicly. Anyone else wishing to use the work in these ways must have the permission of the author or someone who has derived rights through the author.
You just got legally pwnt! \:D/
Attachments
I just made this is MS Paint in less than 5 seconds.  It is automatically copyrighted and, according to U.S. copyright laws, no one can make copies, sell or distribute copies, or display it publicly without my permission.
I just made this is MS Paint in less than 5 seconds. It is automatically copyrighted and, according to U.S. copyright laws, no one can make copies, sell or distribute copies, or display it publicly without my permission.
Last edited by xHaZxMaTx on 01 Feb 2007, 01:39, edited 9 times in total.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

it's just the fact that you couldn't just make your own or get someone to do it but go and steal someone elses
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Why doesnt that guy deserve to be admin? He is the only guy on his forum...
korge
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

xHaZxMaTx wrote: You just got legally pwnt! \:D/
Hmm, didn't know that, I thought it had to say copyrighted right on the picture somewhere. My bad then, evilmegamonkey, sue his ass :twisted:
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Orly?
U.S. Copyright Office wrote:Copyright Protection Is Automatic

Under the present copyright law, which became effective January 1, 1978, a work is automatically protected by copyright when it is created... ...Neither registration in the Copyright Office nor publication is required for copyright protection under the present law...

...Copyright protects original “pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works,” which include two-dimensional and threedimensional works of fine, graphic, and applied art.

Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including “pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works.” The owner of copyright in a work has the exclusive right to make copies, to prepare derivative works, to sell or distribute copies, and to display the work publicly. Anyone else wishing to use the work in these ways must have the permission of the author or someone who has derived rights through the author.
/
Tell that to ATARI before they stole my TUNED idea :evil:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Ideas can't be copyrighted.
Wikipedia wrote:Copyright law covers only the particular form or manner in which ideas or information have been manifested, the "form of material expression". It is not designed or intended to cover the actual idea, concepts, facts, styles, or techniques which may be embodied in or represented by the copyright work.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

All that is great and all but you've still yet to tell me the name of the site
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

"Ideas" aren't protected by copyright laws... you'll need a patent for that, but it's unlikley that a patent office will grant you one, since ideas need to be original.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

evilmegamonkey wrote:All that is great and all but you've still yet to tell me the name of the site
Copyright.gov

Specifically http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ40.html
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

That Sina or w/e is using -_-
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

yay. its gonna snow 1" today, cancelling school.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Its iced, but it rained too hard for it to freeze. We had school... >.>
korge
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Fishwiz, do you mean 1' because 1" means an inch? Anyways, it was supposed to snow here later tonight possibly canceling school tomorrow, but the news said the storm is going to miss us which sucks.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

Snow came too late for us, there won't be any snowdays. Then again, I don't care. This semester shouldn't be too difficult. :)
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Hehe School Rules! 8)

We got a High School ball in March or May somewhere around then and i have 2 dates already just as its the 3rd day of school :lol:

Also..

In my computer class witch is year 12 work even no im year 11 we have to do research on Xbox,PS2, PSP, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 and find out the hardware they use and then later on we have to make our own gaming booklet like you get with games.... an also we have to try each one and the teacher is actually going to buy a PS3 just for the class :shock: also i have to bring in my Xbox 360 :P and we have to play each one and see the difference between them, Very Great work... call me crazy but i love school so much right now....

So what about you guys at high school or TAFE anything like that how is it?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Bah, lucky. My computer teacher has us doing stuff in MS Paint and Front Page.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Bah, lucky. My computer teacher has us doing stuff in MS Paint and Front Page.
Ah.... Thats crazy, is your teacher new or old? coz jeez thats bad coz your smarter then that well the way i can tell anyway :)
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

MS paint? why not just spend money on buying Photoshop for the computers? at least download trials of the thing.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

race_invader wrote:
xHaZxMaTx wrote:Bah, lucky. My computer teacher has us doing stuff in MS Paint and Front Page.
Ah.... Thats crazy, is your teacher new or old? coz jeez thats bad coz your smarter then that well the way i can tell anyway :)
Yeah, I'd say he's in his mid forties. We've been doing some stuff in PhotoDraw, too, which is better than Paint, anyway.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:
race_invader wrote:
Yeah, I'd say he's in his mid forties. We've been doing some stuff in PhotoDraw, too, which is better than Paint, anyway.

Okay mid forties he must have no idea what he is doing or sumthin but yeah photodraw is better then paint so thats abit better :)
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

wow, paint, that sucks! We have ps cs2 flash 8, maya 8.5, strata, and a butload of other cool programs for the multimedia classes!

Return to “General Discussion”