Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well im now ticked off. i just went fishing in this local pond that i walked to. i used bread as bait. i had no luck whatsoever in the beginning. then i got some small nibbles from goldfish that robbed my bait.
so after a while of no luck, i just sat and looked around. just then i looked over and i noticed a huge tug. so i pulled really hard, but because i didn't know it was a 2 ft. grass carp, when i pulled, the whole frikin line snapped, with my bobber. So i went to put on a bigger hook. i came back and waited for it to strike again. it eventually did after some goldfish robbed my bread again. then, i was sort of ready for what was going to happen. the bobber went way under the water and i felt a huge tug to let me know the hook had been set in his mouth. i only put up a fight for about 5 seconds when the grass carp violently jerked the line apart again, loosing the hook, bait, and bobber along with another good length of line. So yet again i went to tie another big hook on it. i was about to not put on another bobber in case it broke the line again, but then i realized i wouldn't have the mighty fish strike again unless i put on the bobber to keep the hook mid-water. so i went to put up another fight. it struck pretty quickly, and i emedietly let the line out, and reeling a little and letting the line back out, then reeling a little in attempt to use the strategy of tiring the big fish out. i did it pretty well, for after 15 minutes it was at the edge of the shore, half out of the water. it was pretty darn big. but i didn't have a net, and i wasn't about to grab the thing because if i did it would wriggle away again. i was so close to dragging it out of the water, then it again violently jerked and i lost the hook, line, bobber, and fish again.
so now there is a grass carp in there with 3 hooks in its jaw.

there is my "the big one that got away" story for you guys.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

have had that happen especially when ice fishing you feel a great big yank and its gone. mostly happens with northern pike up here tho. what lb. test were you using ?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i was using something pretty weak. maybe a 10 or 12 lb test.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

korge wrote:Lmao. Get a real job.
I wanted to apply to Taco Bell this year considering I'm old enough now, but they won't let me get one.
evilmegamonkey wrote:He needs it mowed EVERY week?
She is 88 and can't do it herself and the "professional" mowing service costs too much for a crappy job.
Porsche-AG wrote:Lol, excellent point evilmegamonkey. And how long does it take to mow it? Because if it's more than an hour, you're getting a pretty shiznitty deal. And if you only mow once a week, don't you have enough time for a real job that you can work a couple other days a week, possibly in the evening if you are studying?
It takes about an hour and a half to mow the lawn, water the flowers and trees, rake up any leaves that are behind bushes and other plants, and to de-grass her flower row.

$18 is a pretty low deal yea, but at least I'm doing plenty more than the guys she used to have work for her. She would pay them exactly the same amount, but they would just mow. Besides she's a very good friend of the family and I don't mind a low $18.

Besides as I stated my parent's don't want me to get a job until I'm 17 or 18. :|
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Oh. Had you mentioned the 88 years old part I would have understood more.

I suck at fishing :(
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i dont go fishing as often as i would like, so i lost my skill, once being "fishwhiz"
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I've never caught a fish. :cry: Even when I went deep sea fishing, where it's supposedly hard not to catch a fish.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I don't go fishing at all. I'm not an outdoorsy type of person. I guess my 'equivalent' of going fishing would be something like playing badminton with some friends in a public gymnasium.
Stylez
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stylez »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:I've never caught a fish. :cry: Even when I went deep sea fishing, where it's supposedly hard not to catch a fish.
Im with you on that... Though my feelings on that sport is almost the same with golf....

BORING
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I would like to try some hunting. Feel the power of a scoped rifle, or the feel of an arrow leaving the bow. Ahh that would be awesome.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

unleashing the power of a 7MM or a 12 gauge shotgun is a very invigorating experience if you have not done it many times before and the feeling of power over your targets is something else. crossbows can be very powerful also. i used to have a 25lb bow which is pretty week and it could still lodge a arrow through a 5 gal pail . my uncle has a 160 lb crossbow and that thing could go through anything
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

On the contrary, I'd say that fishing is quite exciting, especially if there are any big enough fish around. Stay as still as possible, aim gently and pooof!. If you're lucky when you pull back the spear there's a fish on it :)
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

My dad used to fish with his grandpa a long time ago. He was a pretty good at fishing, but his brothers weren't so patient and would end up hooking small bait fish or the back of their necks.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Bojan wrote:On the contrary, I'd say that fishing is quite exciting, especially if there are any big enough fish around. Stay as still as possible, aim gently and pooof!. If you're lucky when you pull back the spear there's a fish on it :)
same here, as long as they are at least nibbling on the bait i know they're there and i can come back later and get a strike. i was pretty excited when i had that grass carp on the line.
Stylez
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stylez »

Jopuma wrote:I would like to try some hunting. Feel the power of a scoped rifle, or the feel of an arrow leaving the bow. Ahh that would be awesome.
You would need more patience then fishing takes IMO.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Still patience is the absolute key to any kind of hunting. Including gardening. :)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Gardening is a type of hunting? :-k
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Gardening is a type of hunting? :-k
Gotta forage (hunt) for the best tomatos. :lol:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Lmao, I got to shoot at a shooting range when I was in Thailand, and anyone of any age could shoot and the range was so primitive, I could have gone berserk on everyone there because there was no protection. I only got 5 shots using a scoped gun, but it felt amazing.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Man I would love to see the photos that I have taken on my Xbox 360. Im talking about Carbon of course... I can't receive the email to connect my Gamercard with an EA account....
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Hey i dont mean to go off-topic but im onn a velocity Micro comp intel Core DUO E6600 computer.

BTW it's at best buy w00t. this thing is awesome!!
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I don't think you can go off-topic in the off-topic section of the forum in a free for all chat topic.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i still wonder why people complain about off-topicness in the off topic thread in the off topic board?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

What if something is so off-topic of the off-topic area that it should be in the non-off-topic area?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Well, there is such thing as being polite, and jumping in the middle of a conversation with something totally unrelated is a tad rude, especially if it's better off in it's own thread or in a thread that already exists.

Return to “General Discussion”